Does anyone collect their roomkeys as souvineers

Jodileigh

I do!! And, just the other day Brandon was in my cedar chest and came across old real tickets from way back when!! It was, I think, DL's 35th (I think!) anniversary tickets!! They even still had the scratch off part where you could win stuff! Mom won big stuffed mickey and minnie that year!! Ahhh, memories....

Jodi

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I have the room key from the first trip my wife and I did back in 2002 and thats in a photo album. I do have the rest of them from my other trips but they are scattered all over the house.

Upvote 0

EPCOT Explorer

That binder is like 30 pages long. It's ridiculous. (fastpasses, room keys, park tickets, etc)

I do collect pins, but I only have about 25. I make sure each one I get has a "meaning" to it.
Same here.I try and do a Epcot theme.

As foir the room keys,they are displayed on my dresser.I change them up every week or so.:wave:

Upvote 0

lpet11984

not only do we collect most of the items listed here i also collect and keep the receipts from all of our purchases!! not sure why this started but we keep it going!!!

:lol::ROFLOL::lol::ROFLOL::lol:

Receipts are about the only things I don't collect...they kinda depress me....but it's all worth it. :animwink:

Upvote 0
I keep everything as well, keys, reciepts, EMH wristbands, maps, bags, etc. and i put everything into my folder you get when checking in to your resort, i think it will all be nice for scrapbooking if I ever get aroiund to it, i guess i am becomming a WDW packrat! :ROFLOL:
Oh yeah, the coffee cups they leave in your room, we use those at home, it's like a little peice of disney at home, and those coasters they leave in you room, they are nice too!!

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

I do the EXACT same thing...I have a little two door dresser next to the head of my bed. I usually throw my wallet and keys and other everyday items in the top drawer and concert ticket stubs (Bon Jovi stub from 1986's Slippery When Wet tour to name just one of the many), movie passes and Disney passes and room keys in the bottom drawer (with other misc. junk). Don't really know why, just have always done that. Every once in a while, I will look for a receipt or something in there and my wife will ask me why I keep all of it. I don't really know why, I just do I guess. I actually was going through it this past weekend with her looking for something and stumbled across the piece of paper she gave me with her phone number on it when we first met 18 years ago. Junk drawer...more like memory drawer!

Isn't that the tour where Cinderella opened for Bon Jovi? I know they did hear in NY at Saratoga Performing Art Center. How Ironic.

BTW We also save all our room cards, fastpasses, maps, pictures, birthday cards from characters & resorts, Birthday placemats and many other things.

I do like the old room keys. They were not as colorful, but they has the resort names and resort logos printed right on the cards. Now with the generic room cards it seems a little more boring but colorful.

Upvote 0

dreamin_disney

I'm planning on going to wdw in Nov for the first time. I didnt realize you could keep the room keys. Is there a fee? Do they ask for them back? I think it would be cool to keep it.

Love the binder with all the room keys-super cool!

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

I'm planning on going to wdw in Nov for the first time. I didnt realize you could keep the room keys. Is there a fee? Do they ask for them back? I think it would be cool to keep it.

Love the binder with all the room keys-super cool!

No charge. They are just plastic cards with a magnetic strip just like a credit card. Each person in your party will be given one and you may keep it when you leave.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom