Does anybody cook stuff from WDW?

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
I just finished baking some Double chocolate chip cookies from the Main Street Bake Shop (there so good :slurp:) and was wondering does anybody else try to make food stuff from WDW?

Our family has also made some chocolate mousse from the pastry at France (also great :slurp:)

lspicknall

All the time

We have several different WDW cookbooks and try a new recipe (whether we have eaten it onsite or not) at least once every two weeks.:slurp:

Vernonpush

Absolutely! Tigsmom has been a great caretaker of the recipe thread! We have tried lots of dishes from WDW. It helps "bring the Magic Home".

RiversideBunny

From the Chef at The Crystal Palace (adjusted for home use)

The Crystal Palace
Lake Buena Vista, Florida

Puffed French Toast

Serving Size: 6

4 teaspoons cinnamon
¾ cup sugar
1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups milk
½ teaspoon salt
2 each eggs
3 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
12 slices bread
oil -- for frying

Combine ¾ cup sugar with cinnamon and set aside.
Mix egg, 2 ½ teaspoons of sugar, salt, vanilla and milk until well blended. Slowly add flour and baking powder and mix until smooth. Cut bread diagonally into triangles. Dip bread triangles in batter, allowing excess to drip off. Fry in hot oil until golden brown on both sides. Drain on absorbent paper towel. While toast is still warm, roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
You know, I've actually never had the soup at Le Cellier. We just used the recipie from allears.net. When we make it, it has kind of a weird texture because of the melted cheese, but I still love it. Yeah, so I don't know.

Im not much on a rough based soup, but I really like it. Guess its good I cant replicate it at home or I would be making myself sick on it. (That and probably drinking too much Moosehead beer) :lol:

cptwife80

I have the recipe from the head chef for the O'hana Dinner Show for the Pineapple Coconut Bread. I must say I found a recipe on a site and it was so wrong... This new one from the real chef himself.... OH MY GOD!!! All I'm missing when I cook it is the cute guys in their garb dancing in my kitchen. I love it!:goodnevil

hardcard

Three little words:

GUINESS BEEF STEW

got the recipe from the head chef at rose and crown.. we have made the dish several times.. you can close your eyes and be back at rose and crown instantly! :)

dreamscometrue

Im not much on a rough based soup, but I really like it. Guess its good I cant replicate it at home or I would be making myself sick on it. (That and probably drinking too much Moosehead beer) :lol:

We tried this soup during our last trip and all fell in love with it. My wife and mother in law can make it and it is practically identical to that at Le Cellier. (BTW, they do use Moosehead Beer too since our province is the home of this brewery.) When I take it to work, it draws a crowd at lunch time. What's ironic is that my mother in law makes it and loves it, but has never tasted it at Le Cellier since she's never been to WDW. We are taking her (and my mother and yes I'm a brave man) next month for the first time and she can't wait to try it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We tried this soup during our last trip and all fell in love with it. My wife and mother in law can make it and it is practically identical to that at Le Cellier. (BTW, they do use Moosehead Beer too since our province is the home of this brewery.) When I take it to work, it draws a crowd at lunch time. What's ironic is that my mother in law makes it and loves it, but has never tasted it at Le Cellier since she's never been to WDW. We are taking her (and my mother and yes I'm a brave man) next month for the first time and she can't wait to try it.

Thats cool. I hope she likes the Le Cellier version. Canada is our favorite pavillion in the World Showcase, and we want to come visit your country some day for real. :D

dreamscometrue

Thats cool. I hope she likes the Le Cellier version. Canada is our favorite pavillion in the World Showcase, and we want to come visit your country some day for real. :D

I'm confident she will like it.

Sure, come visit...it's a very big, very diverse country, much like the U.S. Although there are many differences between our 2 nations there are a huge number of similarities. When I first visited WDW a few years ago, I hed never been farther south than Boston (that's south to me :)) and I was surprised how familiar all the corporate brands, tv channels, etc. were. If I didn't know better, I could have been in almost any North American city drinking my Coke, eating my Lay's potato chips and watching ESPN. It was cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom