Does an almost 5 year old need a stroller?

jharvey

There has been a lot of time since my last post... and I've changed my mind. I was there in April... I saw so many whiny kids in the strollers, noticed parents clogging up everwhere pushing them around (looking WAY more exhausted then the kids)... and I think the answer is NO. I think they should use them if they have a disability... but, for kids 5 and up they should walk. There was a girl who looked about 8 who was about 100 pounds in the stroller. I think most kids should be able to walk the distance needed. Kids will get tired in the afternoon and might even need a nap... so leave, have a nap and return. But save the strollers for infants and todlers... kids should walk and have been walking for centuries! (Think about it... when you were 5 didn't you run all over and walk all the time?)

ok, first I respect a parents choice to make any decision they see fit, as long as not endangering their kid(s). That said, as a father of 3 with ages ranging from 7 months to 8 years, only the 7 month old will get a stroller when we go back in September. I have had the 8 year old and 4 year old (she is turning 5 in a week) out walking with me in the Tennessee heat for the past 3 months getting them ready. I have worked retail for the better part of 14 years and have come to a realization, parents pushing the 6'1 kids (only a slight exaggeration) should be flogged in their respective town squares............that said, it is Disney and that is an obvious exception so go forth and do good

Britt

We have a sit and stand stroller that we'll be bringing with us. My 2 year old will ride in the seat and my 7 and 6 year old can take turns standing on the back (or sideways they easily fit).

It MOST cases, yes, 5 years old is to old, but WDW is not MOST cases and to enjoy your trip and let your 5 year old enjoy the trip, I'd absolutely plan to bring a stroller to accomodate. Plus, it's GREAT for lugging around the days wares! : )

Mrsdonaldduck

We have 3 children 4 6 and 7 and we need to bring two
Strollers. Our 7 year old broke his foot and will
Be getting the cast off the week before we leave
So i am not sure if he will have the stamina. We will bring an umbrella stroller, a single jogger that can hold a 55 pound 7 year old.

mamamouse

people will always have an opinion regardless of what the question is ,I say no one knows your kids like you do and you need to do whats best for you.I have a daughter thats 7 and tends to have seizures in the heat,She has had seizures at WDW before and it can make for some crazy experiences.THere are people who complain or make comments about her being in the stroller,and then when I haven't used one people say their piece about she needs to have one.It's up to you but I'd say go for it,if you find you need it then continue to rent or use after the first day and if not than you can always opt out.

D23

I say you know your kids the best. But I have gone to WDW every year. My kids ages in my last trip was 5 - 3.5 - 1.5. What we did was got a double stroller. The 1.5 year old would be in it most of the time. then the other two would swop out at various times sitting in the other seat. Just enough to keep them charged up.

This year I will have 4 kids. Ages 6 - 4.5 - 2.5 and 8 months. I will most likely have the 6 and 4 year olds walking the whole time with the occasional sit on dads shoulders. I think kids are capable of walking around the parks. There are enough benches, stoops and places to sit and relax on your day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom