Do you think we could see 1 day ticket prices at $200 bucks before long?

Tanna Eros

lol, or they make choices about what's important to them. now maybe the people you know are living on credit but not everyone who does Disney is. My coworker is also a guitarist, he gives lessons twice a week on the side, he calls that his Disney slush fund. pretty easy, 2 hours after work on Tuesday and Thursday, 3 middle school kids learn chords. Many people actually know how to budget, we have a line item in our budget for vacations, every month just like a bill they drop a % of their income to vacations. vacation are important to them just like retirement fund and emergency fund.

My boss, great salary, drives a beat up 10 year old ford pickup, people tease her here because she's pretty far up the chain, she's pretty vocal about what she likes to do. Disney, her family goes down every year 10 days, stays at the Poly. cash, she doesn't need a new car nor a big house. they like to travel

Me, nope don't extend my credit but use my credit cards for absolutely everything. mortgage, utilities everything. AA and southwest visa, got enough points this year to pay for my r/t ticket to Greece and then I'll start racking up the points to earn 3 r/t tickets from Philly to Orlando next August. that's a savings of easy grand. so now that's lodging and transportation that pretty much will cost me nothing.

I think if you let go of the assumptions you'd be surprised at how people work in their "fixes"
I can identify with this entire approach to money. I think sometimes 'wants' circumvent 'needs' and can blast a budget. It's not like someone 'needs' a Disney vacation, but budget clips in some living expenses can still make life grand in other areas of life.
Why grill two steaks when both can dine well on one?

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Rainy season! :)

But not all day, we go the last week in August and you do have late afternoon showers but we didn't get many washed out days.

this was some of the shot at magic kingdom and this was mid afternoon.

EOD K9

Part of the problem with one day pricing is that the 14 day expirtation is no longer standard. We usually hit a park when we return from a cruise. I can't buy a multiday ticket as it isnt good for arrival or departure day anymore. I really dont have a choice and one day pricing is insane.

Tanna Eros

But not all day, we go the last week in August and you do have late afternoon showers but we didn't get many washed out days.

this was some of the shot at magic kingdom and this was mid afternoon.

View attachment 363440View attachment 363441View attachment 363442View attachment 363443
That crowd is like the park of my youth!
I often missed a week or two at the beginning of school. We had a grocery in another state from where my school was, and there were still boatmen fishing a few weeks into September. There was money on the table, and we'd make a grab. I can always catch up on schoolwork, but wrapped sandwiches for fishing parties don't wait.

Do campsites also rate for the EMHs? If I had a campsite, and wasn't going into the park, could someone else not staying at a resort, like a local, take my place at the EMH? Perhaps drop my camp by for a cup of coffee, so they can justify their stay, then go to the park?

Last edited:

Trackmaster

That crowd is like the park of my youth!
I often missed a week or two at the beginning of school. We had a grocery in another state from where my school was, and there were still boatmen fishing a few weeks into September. There was money on the table, and we'd make a grab. I can always catch up on schoolwork, but wrapped sandwiches for fishing parties don't wait.

Do campsites also rate for the EMHs? If I had a campsite, and wasn't going into the park, could someone else not staying at a resort, like a local, take my place at the EMH? Perhaps drop my camp by for a cup of coffee, so they can justify their stay, then go to the park?

I know in my school district there were serious problems if kiddos would miss the first few days of school. Like they would pull their enrollment if they weren't there to start the year.

Patcheslee

I know in my school district there were serious problems if kiddos would miss the first few days of school. Like they would pull their enrollment if they weren't there to start the year.
That's kinda light compared to our school district. 5 unexcused days in a school year get a report to county prosecutors. They don't except family vacations for prearranged absences so all it would take is a week vacation to end up in court.

Tanna Eros

Mine was a small, rinky tink private school. They wanted our money too much. My entire graduating class, from K-12 was 82 people, at the highest count. The administration knew where I was; in another state getting my tuition money. I learned a lot about retail and customer service while I was gone.
I always got the last leftover uniform, that was either too long, or too short.
( I do recall at times going to a small school in the state I sold sandwiches in, for a few times. Maybe it was to curb the state's truant officer, I was too young to dig why I had to go.
It was in the basement of a small white church with a lady minister. It was the nicest school I ever went to, including college.)

Last edited:

Walt Disney1955

I remember in March of 1997 looking at the ticket prices. Universal was $40, Magic Kingdom - and the other two at the time - were the same price. I remember thinking, wow, I am glad my dad is paying for that and not me because that's a LOT of money! Now the tickets are above $100. Put it this way, how many people's salary has almost tripled since 1997? Not many, in fact we know for sure the average salary has not done this.

Trackmaster

I remember in March of 1997 looking at the ticket prices. Universal was $40, Magic Kingdom - and the other two at the time - were the same price. I remember thinking, wow, I am glad my dad is paying for that and not me because that's a LOT of money! Now the tickets are above $100. Put it this way, how many people's salary has almost tripled since 1997? Not many, in fact we know for sure the average salary has not done this.

Single day tickets are all smoke and mirrors. You'd have to do some research and figure out how much money guests spend on a trip now vs. then. Fewer than 8% of ticketed guests in a given day are at WDW on a single day ticket.

Walt Disney1955

Single day tickets are all smoke and mirrors. You'd have to do some research and figure out how much money guests spend on a trip now vs. then. Fewer than 8% of ticketed guests in a given day are at WDW on a single day ticket.

Right, but the price difference is still astronomical for just 22 years. I don't know what the hopper passes would have been for the three parks (Animal Kingdom wasn't there yet) but I am guessing it would have still been a significant difference from today (even adjusting for inflation).

Trackmaster

Right, but the price difference is still astronomical for just 22 years. I don't know what the hopper passes would have been for the three parks (Animal Kingdom wasn't there yet) but I am guessing it would have still been a significant difference from today (even adjusting for inflation).

I've been to Disney 19 times in the past 6 months off a a $320 AP. One of those laps was from a free CM ticket during one of my blackout days, but taking that out, I've paid $17.78 per lap. And that's with free parking too. Not that bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom