Do you think Rapunzel-themed bathrooms are weird?

CaptJapan

Very weird.
Tangled was an ok movie, but to be so close to liberty square and the haunted mansion seems rather out of place. I could see her tower in Fantasyland Forest, since that's where her tower was in the movie.
I was expecting something more alike to The Princess and The Frog. A mixture of Louisiana America with a touch of fantasy. Would almost write itself into transition between Fantasyland and Liberty Square. Rapunzel's Tower will be right next to Yankee Trader after all...little weird to see.

Biff215

There's that scene where Rapunzel and Flynn are on the run from the bad guys and they are being chased through that rocky area, inside of a mine of some kind and they end up racing around the tracks inside and outside of the caves.

When I've seen the movie, I always thought they could turn that scene into a ride.

Gotcha, thanks for explaining. Definitely a great scene from the movie, but not sure it's memorable enough for an entire attraction. I hope this mine coaster is good enough that DL would actually want a copy for themselves! I'm not trying to be negative, but just about everyone has admitted that it's a D-ticket at best, not necessarily the type of attraction you need to clone. Time will tell I guess!

J03Y

better to have some representation than none at all. considering it's taken 30/20 years for such high standard representation of Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid (restaurants and attractions), i don't see Tangled getting representation such as an attraction or at least a storytime/show in more than half that time. i'd say it's an honor it's being recognized so early in its time.

Patricia Melton

Original Poster
Gotcha, thanks for explaining. Definitely a great scene from the movie, but not sure it's memorable enough for an entire attraction. I hope this mine coaster is good enough that DL would actually want a copy for themselves! I'm not trying to be negative, but just about everyone has admitted that it's a D-ticket at best, not necessarily the type of attraction you need to clone. Time will tell I guess!

You know what? I see the Seven Dwarves Mine Train ride differently than the people who are disappointed it's not going to be a really fast coaster or E-ticket.

I see it as a kind of evolution of the Snow White's Scary Adventures ride...but it will move faster...while still showing you scenes from Snow White and giving you the feel of being in the mines with the dwarves. I expect the witch, the Prince, all the dwarves, and Snow White herself to be featured at some point in the ride using animatronics.

I also expect the queue for the ride and the dwarves' cottage to be the most gorgeously-themed Snow White area ever built by Disney. I really think they are going to go topnotch with the detailing and theming of this.

I think it's going to be enchanting...not E-ticket exciting...but charming and enchanting. It will have thrills, but the biggest of the thrills will be the fact that you will be zipping and zooming through the hill in the middle of fantasyland. The views from that ride will be spectacular.

Also, the ride itself is going to add a lot of kinetic energy to the heart of Fantasyland...the sounds of the zooming cars, the cheers and squeals of the passengers, the anticipation of lining up and going into the cottage to begin the ride. It's going to be pretty incredible.

Do I think an E-ticket is needed in this space? No. I think it would be too overpowering. An E-ticket should go where the Speedway is now. THAT would be the perfect place for one.

I really think the mine chase scene in Tangled is a great choice if they want to rework this Mine Coaster for California...with scenes of the Tangled characters replacing the Snow White images that are in Florida. Let the SWSA stay just as it is in DLR and instead built the mine coaster there with a Tangled overlay and the Snuggly Duckling restaurant adjacent to it....because in the movie they sneak from the Snuggly Duckling through a tunnel to where the mine cars are so it would make sense, and would also allow DLR to have something unique and let Florida have the BatB stuff, the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster, and the Dumbo Circus as unique attractions.

Magenta Panther

You know what? I see the Seven Dwarves Mine Train ride differently than the people who are disappointed it's not going to be a really fast coaster or E-ticket.

I see it as a kind of evolution of the Snow White's Scary Adventures ride...but it will move faster...while still showing you scenes from Snow White and giving you the feel of being in the mines with the dwarves. I expect the witch, the Prince, all the dwarves, and Snow White herself to be featured at some point in the ride using animatronics.

I also expect the queue for the ride and the dwarves' cottage to be the most gorgeously-themed Snow White area ever built by Disney. I really think they are going to go topnotch with the detailing and theming of this.

I think it's going to be enchanting...not E-ticket exciting...but charming and enchanting. It will have thrills, but the biggest of the thrills will be the fact that you will be zipping and zooming through the hill in the middle of fantasyland. The views from that ride will be spectacular.

Also, the ride itself is going to add a lot of kinetic energy to the heart of Fantasyland...the sounds of the zooming cars, the cheers and squeals of the passengers, the anticipation of lining up and going into the cottage to begin the ride. It's going to be pretty incredible.

Do I think an E-ticket is needed in this space? No. I think it would be too overpowering. An E-ticket should go where the Speedway is now. THAT would be the perfect place for one.

I really think the mine chase scene in Tangled is a great choice if they want to rework this Mine Coaster for California...with scenes of the Tangled characters replacing the Snow White images that are in Florida. Let the SWSA stay just as it is in DLR and instead built the mine coaster there with a Tangled overlay and the Snuggly Duckling restaurant adjacent to it....because in the movie they sneak from the Snuggly Duckling through a tunnel to where the mine cars are so it would make sense, and would also allow DLR to have something unique and let Florida have the BatB stuff, the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster, and the Dumbo Circus as unique attractions.

I like your assessment of the Mine Train. I do hope you're right. What you want from it is exactly what I want from it. I just hope that there will be GREAT AAs in it - AAs that are the equal of the Ursula one in the Mermaid ride. The Dwarfs - stars of Walt's first great feature cartoon - deserve nothing less.

dman1373

Very weird.
Tangled was an ok movie, but to be so close to liberty square and the haunted mansion seems rather out of place. I could see her tower in Fantasyland Forest, since that's where her tower was in the movie.
I was expecting something more alike to The Princess and The Frog. A mixture of Louisiana America with a touch of fantasy. Would almost write itself into transition between Fantasyland and Liberty Square. Rapunzel's Tower will be right next to Yankee Trader after all...little weird to see.
Yeah but the moral on the ground was near the castle. And also the tower is supposed to have that far away look to it. So it would make more sense than princess in the frog that takes place neither in an area like fantasyland or liberty square.

wiigirl

Since you ask, then, yeah...I think they're kinda weird. But I'd have to see them in person to say how weird.

Yeah, weird, not creepy weird, just weird.

75.gif

Vader2112

Something tells me the Snuggly Duckling is going to happen and will be built in DLR in the future. I just have a feeling that when DLR gets its own Fantasyland expansion in the future (when Autopia is finally ripped out), they're going to want to repurpose some of the things in the FLE in MK...but I don't see them repeating Belle's village or BOG and the rest. I think a Fantasyland Expansion in Disneyland will ultimately include:

* Snuggly Duckling restaurant instead of Gaston's
* Rapunzel mine car ride instead of Seven Dwarves Mine Car ride
* Tiana's Palace Restaurant instead of BOG (built in New Orleans Square area maybe?)
* A Cinderella-themed ride instead of Little Mermaid (since LM is in DCA already)

This way the two parks have different things, but Disney can reuse the things that worked well in Florida.

I have no idea what the bathrooms will be themed to in California. Frozen or Brave?

Love the idea of a Tiana'a Palace and Snuggly Duckling! The only thing is that these films have not yet held the test of time butI beleive they have a good chance.

Vader2112

I'd love for all restrooms at the parks to be themed-up to match thier surrounding areas. Even on the inside.
Does that mean Chamber pots and outhouses in Liberty Square and Fronteerland? If so I'm in LMAO
Would like to see Lucas' concept of the Star Wars Universes restroom.

Patricia Melton

Original Poster
Does that mean Chamber pots and outhouses in Liberty Square and Fronteerland? If so I'm in LMAO
Would like to see Lucas' concept of the Star Wars Universes restroom.

Lucas restroom = themed to Jar Jar Binks.

The one character in all of Star Wars that makes me want to go running to the toilet.

Bolt

They should hire the imagineers who do Disney Cruise Line restrooms, if you haven't seen them, look them up online, they are trully works of art.

JustInTime

I don't think they are weird at all. I am glad they are paying attention to detail. We could be just getting plain restrooms. Also, they aren't that much closer to Liberty Square than IASW and PPF.

I'm very excited about the "rumors" of Rapunzel-themed bathrooms coming with the FLE expansion (to be located near It's A Small World where the Skyway Station used to be). I love the movie Tangled and my niece and nephew think it's one of their favorite movies too. From many reports n these forums, I've seen lots of great detectives piecing together the fact that Rapunzel's tower and other elements from Tangled will be incorporated into the new bathrooms. Some people have pictured the women's bathroom being decorated with drawings on the walls and ceilings like Rapunzel did in her Tower and the men's room maybe having wanted posters of all the criminals like we saw in the movie on the trees.

I told my husband about all this and was surprised at his reaction. He thought it was weird to theme the bathrooms to Rapunzel and thought that Rapunzel fans wouldn't like this because instead of getting an attraction, they get a bathroom.

I was wondering how people felt about this...and whether anyone feels "cheated" that instead of getting a Rapunzel attraction that Rapunzel is being used instead to theme the bathrooms being built where the Skyway used to be.

I have to admit that I wish they'd have built a Snuggly Duckling restaurant and used that as the Rapunzel representation in the parks but I'd also like to see a Rapunzel mine coaster ride for DLR in the future (where I think they could take the Seven Dwarves ride and just do a Rapunzel overlay of that so the two American parks can have different rides using the same design, which
I don't find the idea of Tangled themed bathrooms weird at all. If anything, I think it's clever and would end up being extremely helpful. When somebody asks a cast member where the bathrooms are located, they could easily say, "They're located near the Tangled area!" :D
I'm very excited about the "rumors" of Rapunzel-themed bathrooms coming with the FLE expansion (to be located near It's A Small World where the Skyway Station used to be). I love the movie Tangled and my niece and nephew think it's one of their favorite movies too. From many reports n these forums, I've seen lots of great detectives piecing together the fact that Rapunzel's tower and other elements from Tangled will be incorporated into the new bathrooms. Some people have pictured the women's bathroom being decorated with drawings on the walls and ceilings like Rapunzel did in her Tower and the men's room maybe having wanted posters of all the criminals like we saw in the movie on the trees.

I told my husband about all this and was surprised at his reaction. He thought it was weird to theme the bathrooms to Rapunzel and thought that Rapunzel fans wouldn't like this because instead of getting an attraction, they get a bathroom.

I was wondering how people felt about this...and whether anyone feels "cheated" that instead of getting a Rapunzel attraction that Rapunzel is being used instead to theme the bathrooms being built where the Skyway used to be.

I have to admit that I wish they'd have built a Snuggly Duckling restaurant and used that as the Rapunzel representation in the parks but I'd also like to see a Rapunzel mine coaster ride for DLR in the future (where I think they could take the Seven Dwarves ride and just do a Rapunzel overlay of that so the two American parks can have different rides using the same design, which we all know Disney loves to do).

Are you excited to see the Rapunzel bathrooms coming or do you wish they'd have been just generic bathrooms and didn't have any Rapunzel theming?

I like the whole idea about rapunzel themed SOMETHING, even if it is just bathrooms. I would much rather have themed bathrooms than regular bathrooms, even though they REALLY need to do something else with the theme. I was thinking a boat ride for the scene where Rapunzel and Flynn were catching the floating lanterns. I would also LOVE a Snuggly Duckling themed restaurant! I hope they do something like that in the future!!!

mimitchi33

Unless there's a giant banner that reads "Potty Time with Rapunzel" over the whole thing I really can't find any fault, and I certainly don't think it's weird.
209hqf9.jpg

Now that would have been quite a sight to see! It's a good thing they didn't do this, as it would most likely draw older people away from the place.
I might stop here on my next trip in April.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom