Do you think Disney will some day require facial scanning/recognition as part of its entry procedures?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Just something that I've been curious about. I know that biometrics are part of park entry procedures, but I wonder if one day Disney will require more than that. Facial scanning is something I've read a lot of people are against, and not just because of the privacy aspect of it. Companies who deal with facial scanning and recognition have been hacked and their scans have been stolen, and Disney would definitely be considered a big target because of the millions of people who go each year. Again, I'm just curious about your thoughts or insights. Thank you.

Edit: If this has already been discussed elsewhere then I apologize.

No.

Part of the definition of biometric scanning is fingerprint mapping. Just saying, Disney has your fingerprints.

They do not have your fingerprint, they have a mathematical representation of your print. The print itself cannot be recreated from the data they've captured. Think of it like a one way hashed password.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
They already are, in some more rudimentary ways.

They have a numerical representation of a fingerprint - not actual fingerprints.

5-blog.png

I'm late, but yes this.

A Noble Fish

They are adding this (or have) to Tokyo Disneyland instead of adding fingerprint scanners.

Not to say that we shouldn't be careful, but it's really not a big deal. I'd worry more about your phone pinging to cellphone towers showing your location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom