Do you remember...

Spectroman17

Original Poster
Does anybody remember the show "Mickey Starland"? That was the coolest show on earth! I loved all the characters that were in it. If you do remember tell me what you likes about it.

-Thanks

jcrb

At the exit it had a great big gift shops – with cut out boards you could have picture taken( Example you see Mickey body with your face).

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by jcrb
At the exit it had a great big gift shops – with cut out boards you could have picture taken( Example you see Mickey body with your face).

i remember that! in fact, my sister and i got our picture made with at least one of the cut-outs! i should find the pics and scan them! that is, if you all want me too.

Tramp

Mickey's Starland was cool...I liked the show in the Tent, particularly the way they interacted with the kids in the audience...I have it on video tape and when I get around to getting a video capture card, I'll post some clips of it....

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by Spectroman17
Does anybody remember the show "Mickey Starland"? That was the coolest show on earth! I loved all the characters that were in it. If you do remember tell me what you likes about it.

-Thanks

didnt you have to walk through mickey's house to get there at one point? and yeah, the gummi bears were cool. :)

Monorail_Green

Re: Re: Do you remember...

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981

didnt you have to walk through mickey's house to get there at one point? and yeah, the gummi bears were cool. :)

I think so! I think you had to walk thru Mickey's House and then it led you into that tent where the show was w/ characters from The Disney Afternoon. I still have my pictures w/ me and my brother and the cardboard cutouts!!!:)

Dizknee_Phreek

Re: Re: Re: Do you remember...

Originally posted by Monorail_Green
I think so! I think you had to walk thru Mickey's House and then it led you into that tent where the show was w/ characters from The Disney Afternoon.

yeah, remember how between Mickey's house and the tent there were little 'houses' of different characters? like i remember donald and goofy...and seems like daisy's house was there, and maybe minnie's...anybody else remember exactly whose houses were back there?
i always wanted to be able to go inside them instead of just having to look at them when i was little.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by TinkerBell
I still have some old pictures from that building. Wasn't Darkwing Duck in one of the shows?

yes, he was. as well as the TaleSpin gang, the Goof Troop gang, and the Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers gang....am i leaveing out anyone? (i was such a huge fan of Disney afternoon shows back in the day!) all the characters and the host of the show was on a big search for Mickey Mouse who they finally found in the end. (aw, those magical happy endings)

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek

yes, he was. as well as the TaleSpin gang, the Goof Troop gang, and the Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers gang....am i leaveing out anyone? (i was such a huge fan of Disney afternoon shows back in the day!) all the characters and the host of the show was on a big search for Mickey Mouse who they finally found in the end. (aw, those magical happy endings)

Ah! That is right! the good ol' days.....

what do they use the stage for now? I dont remember a show being there last time I was there

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981

Ah! That is right! the good ol' days.....

what do they use the stage for now? I dont remember a show being there last time I was there

i wondered that too! i know there's still a tent you can go into right behind Mickey's house....but i think since they got rid of the old 'Meet Mickey' place when they redid the area (used to be where Minnie's house is now, if i remember right) they use that tent now for a Mickey greeting area....i could be completely wrong though! i haven't been in there! anyone know the real scoop?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom