Do you receive a paper confirmation when booking online?

durangojim

We made ressies for dec 10-18 with the passholder best rate program and am wondering if we will receive any type of paper confirmation in the mail for our reservations. Thanks!

Laura

Premium Member
I booked 3 reservations over the phone and only got a confirmation in the mail for 1 of them. But I know I'm in the system because I've made so many other calls (for dining, buying my AP, etc).

Upvote 0

islandbeachnut

You only receive a paper confirmation when you book over the phone.

I booked my last two trips online and I called when I didn't recieve a paper confirmation in the mail and was told that you do not receive one when booking online and they wouldn't send me one when I asked either. You have to print it out for yourself.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

I booked online last week and got a reservation printout in the mail yesterday. It has all of our reservation info and the balance due after our deposit I put down last week. We are going in February.

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

I booked online via Disney.com and I received a paper confirmation in the mail along with tons of other material like a vacation planning booklet, luggage tags etc. Then the other day I got my DME luggage tags. Then I got a bill yesterday that said "balance due August 1st" which I paid a long time ago with a date of July 28th on it, so Disney is not quite on the ball on that one but thats beside the point, LOL.

The only time I have ever had to print out confirmations is when I have booked on Travelocity, Expedia, etc. Also when I ordered my AP online I had to print out the confirmtaion page. But usually it sayd "print this page for your records".
If you forgot to print it out, no biggie, just go back to the website and sign on and print out the confirmation, if you are having trouble just call the number, it is real simple to do.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your vacation!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

If you got luggage tags you also booked a package. The Pass holderBest rate plan is a roon only type of thing so it may be different. I havent gotten any kind of paper confirmation on my room only for December. Belle

Upvote 0

shyviolet

Information

Belle, did you get the planning information in a clear folder with your luggage tags? I just got my luggage tags with a paper confirmation in the mail yesterday and they came in a clear plastic folder, but no booklet/information. (I think that stuff might be useful)

Violet

Upvote 0

rolm

We booked online with our annual passes and got our room at the Coronado. About a week later we received our confirmation in the mail. That was 2 months ago.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

shyviolet said:
Belle, did you get the planning information in a clear folder with your luggage tags? I just got my luggage tags with a paper confirmation in the mail yesterday and they came in a clear plastic folder, but no booklet/information. (I think that stuff might be useful)

Violet
Hi Violet, I booked a room only thing for December but I did book a package for October. I just paid that in full recently so I havent gotten anything yet but when I do Ill let you know what I got!!! I Am sure Ill get some luggage tags and stuff. What type of booklets or info are you looking for? If it is too personal please PM me and maybe I can provide some information that you need!!! Feel free to ask whatever you need!!! Belle
p.s. Welcome to the Boards!!!

Upvote 0

shyviolet

I know Disney used to have a sort of "Welcome" packet with maps, info, and the like--I'm wondering if they don't mail those out anymore. We're leaving in a week, and haven't gotten anything like that (although we did get our documents and whatnot.) It would have been nice to have some of the pre-planning material to share with the family and get them involved. Does anyone know if Disney still mails these out or even has them anymore?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

OK I see what you mean. I Am not sure about this as I usually book room only ressies which dont come with that sort of thing. For packages, I Am not quite sure. I did book one for this year in October but as I havent gotten anything as of yet, I cant say definitely. I would say to call and request them as they would certainly send it out if you requested it but if you are leaving in a week it may not get to you in time. I wish I knew sooner so we could have worked together to get you that information. In the meantime though have you looked at Deb Wills' site www.allearsnet.com ? Her site is pretty comprehensive and has a breakdown of just about everything you could think of from Park shows & Attractions to dining to accomodations. Her site is pretty amazing. Give it a look over and once again any questions that I can help with just let me know!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Shrike

shyviolet said:
I know Disney used to have a sort of "Welcome" packet with maps, info, and the like--I'm wondering if they don't mail those out anymore. We're leaving in a week, and haven't gotten anything like that (although we did get our documents and whatnot.) It would have been nice to have some of the pre-planning material to share with the family and get them involved. Does anyone know if Disney still mails these out or even has them anymore?

I booked the day the September AP rates were released (2 months ago?) and got a confirmation letter yesterday. We're leaving in 2 weeks, and havent recieved DME tags or any other information, though I will say I've had no problems adding AR's as recently as yesterday for a mid-September vacation.:slurp:

Upvote 0

brkgnews

Welcome to the boards, Violet.

I book room only stuff, myself, but I still get a small purple "welcome packet" that contains a semi-personalized letter (kind of a glorified form letter that includes your name, generic info about your hotel and a few attractions you might like), a planning checklist, and a somewhat vague set of park maps. You'll get a much more-detailed packet including the standard park maps and times guides when you check into your hotel.

Upvote 0

brkgnews

shyviolet said:
brkgnews--did the packet come with your luggage tags, or was it a separate mailing?

Thanks!

I drive down (within a tolerable one-day drive), so I don't get Magical Express tags anyway. So, although I can't give you an official answer, I can say that this packet seems to be pretty much "standalone." It comes mailed in a little purple portfolio with Tink on it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom