Do you like the new soap and shampoo at the resorts?

Ariel484

Not sure if we got the same stuff. We were there back in Nov and it definitely wasn't the same stuff we had on our 2010 & 2011 onsite stays, but I recall our shampoos and lotions involving ginger and our 'bar' soap being mint. I liked the soap, but the ginger just kept making me think about sushi :p Of course, I always bring my own shampoo and conditioner, but DH uses the provided goodies...so I have to smell it on him all trip- like it or not.
Yeah, I think it varies from resort to resort. My in-laws stayed at Wilderness Lodge in December and got the orange stuff everyone here is talking about. We stayed at the Grand Floridian last week and got something different (minty maybe? I'll have to go home and look at the bottles I stole from the room :D).

Upvote 0

KCheatle

When did it change? I loved the stuff we had last May. I even took like a dozen bottle home and use it still to make me feel like I'm in Disney again. When I'm there I use their shampoo and conditioner and because it's different I can smell it all day. So, when I use it at home it reminds me of the smell of Disney:)

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I LOVE the blushing orange smell. There is something about it that reminds me of the smell that hits you when you first step inside the Haunted Mansion. It's more like "grandma's musty orange" smell to me, but in a good way, and it transports me right back to Disney World with every whiff.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

I know when we went to WL last November we had the old h2o stuff... I LOVED it!! Then when we stayed at Sports in Sept it was the blushing orange. I always thought deluxe resorts had different stuff than the values anyway. Has that changed now?

Upvote 0

jayhawkmickey

OH YAY!!! A new scent. I have tons of the old stuff. I always bring my own but I take the soap home with me for when I need a little touch of Disney.
I do the same thing. Nothing like comming home after a long day and for a brief moment feeling like I'm on vacation again. I miss the old ones because it reminds me of Disney, but someday the new one will too. I liked the old look better though.

Upvote 0

Nmoody1

I love both the smell & the look of the new shampoo. I took some home & when I need a Disney fix I'll use them :)
We are doing the Magic this fall & it will be our first Disney cruise. Do they have shampoo, conditioner, etc samples too?

Disney cruise line range is AMAZING! The marine callogen shampoo and conditioner smell lovely and make your skin smell nice - you can purchase a lovely smells sea salt shower gel also which smells divine, and the moisturiser is good! We stocked up loads, and now I visit h2o store in San francisco and las Vegas when I'm there so we always smell like a Disney cruise!

.... Can't wait to sail away again soon!

Upvote 0

Ariel484

Disney cruise line range is AMAZING! The marine callogen shampoo and conditioner smell lovely and make your skin smell nice - you can purchase a lovely smells sea salt shower gel also which smells divine, and the moisturiser is good! We stocked up loads, and now I visit h2o store in San francisco and las Vegas when I'm there so we always smell like a Disney cruise!

.... Can't wait to sail away again soon!
Glad you posted this, it triggered my memory...these are the scents we got in our room at the Grand Floridian 2 weekends ago, not the orange stuff. So it seems to depend on the resort.

Upvote 0

jonesenon4

I like the new scents and love the new bottles . We brought several bottles and bars home after our last trip. About once a month we use them to bring back the memories until our next trip.

Upvote 0

THEMEPARKPIONEER

The way things are going it almost looks like I could just crush this soap up and sell it in small bags to a bunch of Disney fans. I'm glad I never got hooked on this stuff.

Upvote 0

satchamo

Original Poster
When did it change? I loved the stuff we had last May. I even took like a dozen bottle home and use it still to make me feel like I'm in Disney again. When I'm there I use their shampoo and conditioner and because it's different I can smell it all day. So, when I use it at home it reminds me of the smell of Disney:)
Exactly. That was Disney to me

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom