Do you like the new soap and shampoo at the resorts?

satchamo

Original Poster
I always bring my own! I want to feel clean, fresh and smelling good and I usually wash my hair twice before using the conditioner. I have longer hair so I go through it faster. :) Sooooo, I have no idea what it smells like. lol
My wife does the same, although she loved the scent, but always needed more conditioner.

Upvote 0

satchamo

Original Poster
Not sure if we got the same stuff. We were there back in Nov and it definitely wasn't the same stuff we had on our 2010 & 2011 onsite stays, but I recall our shampoos and lotions involving ginger and our 'bar' soap being mint. I liked the soap, but the ginger just kept making me think about sushi :p Of course, I always bring my own shampoo and conditioner, but DH uses the provided goodies...so I have to smell it on him all trip- like it or not.
Had to be the same. We were there for 10 days over Thanksgiving. As I said, to me the H20 blue bottles and round soap was "disney"

Upvote 0

satchamo

Original Poster
I love both the smell & the look of the new shampoo. I took some home & when I need a Disney fix I'll use them :)
We are doing the Magic this fall & it will be our first Disney cruise. Do they have shampoo, conditioner, etc samples too?
Yes, we were on the Dream in June. That is when I noticed the soap and smells were not the same. However, the ones on the Disney Dream are not the same as the ones in the resort.

FYI- I talked to a rep at Disney and found out they had just made the switch the last few months. So, unfortunately for me and others, the new soaps and scents are not going anywhere anytime soon.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
I always bring my own! I want to feel clean, fresh and smelling good and I usually wash my hair twice before using the conditioner. I have longer hair so I go through it faster. :) Sooooo, I have no idea what it smells like. lol
Me too!! Longer hair and sensitive skin so I don't take risks. Last thing I need or want on vacation is a rash!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring my own stock up at 1/2 price sales and coupons!!!

Upvote 0

disney1077

Are they not the blue bottles anymore? What do the bottles look like now? I mean it does not bother me because I bring my own shampoo but I usually bring some home for myself and to give to friends as gifts.

Upvote 0

bethymouse

I liked the Mickey faced round soap. The scent was just plain. I also liked the blue bottles w/ Mickey's face on it. Anything Mickey to take home w/ me.:) The H2O stuff is OK. I can get stuff like that at Bath and Body Works though.;) Does anyone actually buy that stuff? It's like buying the "luxury" linens. I don't get it.:confused:

Upvote 0

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I'm a guy and I don't care. It gets the sweaty stink off and that's all I care about.

I care a little bit. Once, I washed using a product that should've only been used by my wife. It was called Plumeria and I walked around all day smelling like ripe plums. Not good.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom