Do you know someone who didn't enjoy their disney trip??

stevehousse

Telling people to do research is my number one advice point when I ge asked about Disney! I cannot stress that enough!

And like others said, I think most people just see it as a very big type of six flags park, where ucan go and do little research ad have a blast!

Research research research! I can say it till I'm blue in te face.

All Disney All The Time

Dear Lord, we know a family like this, he dresses expensively, the rest of the family Walmart or the like.
He has wife prepare meat, like steaks and such for him, they eat starch. Doesn't like dirty laundry in house so it must be done daily before he comes home. Bonus, at least these people get to go to Disney. Don't know what is the real bonus, Disney or getting the heck away from the twit.
He does his own laundry because she "can't get it right". He has to put the groceries away because he "likes the cans and such arranged just so". He brings the little packages of ketchup home from fast food places and the like and squeezes them into the ketchup bottle at home. In the winter she can't park her car in the garage because he doesn't like the floor to get wet and dirty. He has all the lights in the house on timers, won't turn the A/C on until July and won't turn the heat on until January. One time when she dared to override the light timers so that her kids could do their homework, he removed all the lightbulbs in the house and took them to work with him. She had a total knee replacement last year and was in the hospital for 4 days. Her mother took her there and home and he never visited because, "he can't stand the smell of hospitals". This past winter he told her that he had scheduled them an appointment with a divorce lawyer, then 3 days before the appointment he told her that she had to go to his work Christmas party with him because "everybody would expect it". Then he cancelled the appointment the day before they were to go and said, "It's you who wants a divorce, not me". Before he cancelled the appointment he was telling her, "After we're divorced you'll be asked out by a lot of guys and I want you to go".

Bottom Line: This is not a guy we want at OUR WDW anyways.

Spikerdink

what is wrong with people...

Many years ago, the mother of a good friend told me words of wisdom to which I adhere to each day of my life, and since it is late, and I had wine, I will impart it to you tonight.....

Her son and I were going to work and she and her husband were heading to a convention for imported glass and porceline. I remarked how nice it must be to be out of the business and meeting new people and she looked me in the eye and said.....

"David........people are stupid...................and they smell."

Words to live by.

Spikerdink

He does his own laundry because she "can't get it right". He has to put the groceries away because he "likes the cans and such arranged just so". He brings the little packages of ketchup home from fast food places and the like and squeezes them into the ketchup bottle at home. In the winter she can't park her car in the garage because he doesn't like the floor to get wet and dirty. He has all the lights in the house on timers, won't turn the A/C on until July and won't turn the heat on until January. One time when she dared to override the light timers so that her kids could do their homework, he removed all the lightbulbs in the house and took them to work with him. She had a total knee replacement last year and was in the hospital for 4 days. Her mother took her there and home and he never visited because, "he can't stand the smell of hospitals". This past winter he told her that he had scheduled them an appointment with a divorce lawyer, then 3 days before the appointment he told her that she had to go to his work Christmas party with him because "everybody would expect it". Then he cancelled the appointment the day before they were to go and said, "It's you who wants a divorce, not me". Before he cancelled the appointment he was telling her, "After we're divorced you'll be asked out by a lot of guys and I want you to go".

Bottom Line: This is not a guy we want at OUR WDW anyways.

I feel for her....she should have kept the appointment.....is this living? Plus, what is she teaching the kids? That it is alright to treat your family like they are worthless? Get the psychologist on speed dial.

mrdisman

Many years ago, the mother of a good friend told me words of wisdom to which I adhere to each day of my life, and since it is late, and I had wine, I will impart it to you tonight.....

Her son and I were going to work and she and her husband were heading to a convention for imported glass and porceline. I remarked how nice it must be to be out of the business and meeting new people and she looked me in the eye and said.....

Words to live by.

that made me laugh out loud

All Disney All The Time

I feel for her....she should have kept the appointment.....is this living? Plus, what is she teaching the kids? That it is alright to treat your family like they are worthless? Get the psychologist on speed dial.
I'm with you. The reality is that when her first husband died he left her and the 3 kids in a bad financial place and she basically married this guy to have a place to live. He was married before and ended up divorced, go figure eh?
She has tried to get him to go for counseling, etc., his replay, "You think that there's a pill for everything". He's a miserable guy in many ways, BUT let me throw this in to muddy the waters; her 2 oldest sons are 22 and 19 and neither of them work or are in school. One of them "reads" all day and the other plays video games. The 22 year old doesn't even have a drivers' license and neither of them have ever been on a date. The youngest is 10 and has some kind of doctor's appointment virtually 2 or 3 times a week; allergies, asthma, rashes, fever and so on. She gets a phone call at work almost everyday that the kid has to leave school for some illness or another or that he has been sent once again to "the office" for some transgression.
They ALL are a freaking mess, but at least she and the kids like WDW.

Darth Tater

what is wrong with people...
^This! What is wrong with people? We all enjoy WDW and cannot wait to go back. But some people just do not have a good time there. :confused: It just doesn't make any sense. As a child, I was always raised to believe that others like what I like, and dislike what I dislike, and if their tastes & opinions do not reflect my own...there is something wrong with their thinking & lifestyle.
I wish there were camps where we could send these people to "correct" their way of thinking.

Nemo14

^This! What is wrong with people? We all enjoy WDW and cannot wait to go back. But some people just do not have a good time there. :confused: It just doesn't make any sense. As a child, I was always raised to believe that others like what I like, and dislike what I dislike, and if their tastes & opinions do not reflect my own...there is something wrong with their thinking & lifestyle.
I wish there were camps where we could send these people to "correct" their way of thinking.

You know you're right....just the other day we went out for ice cream so of course we had chocolate because we all love chocolate, right? Well, some dude in front of us ordered Cookies 'n Cream and his wife ordered strawberry. Can you believe it?? Freaks!!

Alison1975

A girl I work with just returned from 2 full weeks at disney, staying at AKL ( I was beyond jealous!) . Anyways she asked me lots of questions before going about dining, resort, parks etc and seemed excited for her trip. Now that she is back she says it was just okay, and "I guess it is something everyone should see once" with a very not impressed tone. I guess I can just wonder how people can't enjoy disney and not want to go back! I guess the only reasons I can think that hinders her enjoyment was that she was there during presidents week, so the wait times were insane. They also didn't start the day in the parks until lunch time and was back at the resort by 3-4pm, meaning they seen next to nothing. Anyone else ever know someone who didn't enjoy disney??

I know lots..most had similar scenarios... basically they are unprepared and overwhelmed.. there is also a good segment of the populace that are just not Disney people..and that's ok with me!

Darth Tater

You know you're right....just the other day we went out for ice cream so of course we had chocolate because we all love chocolate, right? Well, some dude in front of us ordered Cookies 'n Cream and his wife ordered strawberry. Can you believe it?? Freaks!!
There is something wrong with them. Maybe they just failed to plan their ice cream outing properly. Had they listened to us, the true fans of chocolate, they would have enjoyed it better & made it their choice. Some people just don't do it correctly. I feel bad for their children.

Nemo14

There is something wrong with them. Maybe they just failed to plan their ice cream outing properly. Had they listened to us, the true fans of chocolate, they would have enjoyed it better & made it their choice. Some people just don't do it correctly. I feel bad for their children.
I know. If they'd only listen to me, I know that they would have liked chocolate too.
Geesh - ungrateful!

ifuhadwings

that made me laugh out loud

Words to live by.
Some people are very smart and can smell BS a mile away. Some people smell real good and are really smart. Some people can't smell because they have a cold. Some people are stupid because they fell on their head when they were a baby and it is not their fault.It all depends how you look at it.

mrdisman

Some people are very smart and can smell BS a mile away. Some people smell real good and are really smart. Some people can't smell because they have a cold. Some people are stupid because they fell on their head when they were a baby and it is not their fault.It all depends how you look at it.

I think I fell on my head

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom