Do you know someone who didn't enjoy their disney trip??

jaklgreen

Yep. They complained about the overpriced Pirate room which she said was also dirty. But her husband was horrified at the cost of everything. She said her son would've had just as much fun staying at the hotel and playing at the pool. But the big thing for them was the cost. Of everything. She said they will never go back again.

I truly think if you are that concerned about how much things cost on vacation then WDW is not for you. I might balk at some things as souvenirs but for the most part I don't think/worry about money while there. Plus, I've seen prices of stuff at other tourist spots and, quite frankly, some things at Disney are actually better priced!
Anywhere you go it is going to be expensive. Took a trip to Chicago with my 2 kids. Cost as much as WDW, between the car rental, parking and hotel downtown Chicago. Museums, food, tours, etc. No where that you go as a tourist is cheap.

jkl2000

Definitely agree two weeks is too long. Even if it's not your first time that's a long time. Probably too long for me. I can't imagine staying in a hotel quite that long. I don't think I've ever taken a two week vacation really.

Soarin2u

Actually, I met a girl, 14, who complained about her first trip. She respected Disney in terms it did and what it said it would but, the crowds were to annoying and the heat to unbearable. She stated she should have went when the crowds died down so she could really take more stuff in. Though her family does not foresee a future trip, she plans on going again sometime, maybe with her kids.:)

Edit: The worst case I ever met was one of my sisters friends. He had planned a get-together on the day we left for Disney. He straight out told my sister to not go and go to his party. He was claiming that Disney's magic was only for "copyright reason," it was only " a ride in decorated buildings" and a that Disney is "a sneaky pick-pocketing company." :devilish: He also claimed Walt should not be so renowned for his ambition, and imagination because all he did was come up with an idea to build a park and draw a mouse. Highly proud of my sister,:) she replied," he did 10,000 times more than you would ever do. He impacted the world of animation, entertainment, and amusement parks. He made my childhood. " The silence that swept through the room was astonishing. :jawdrop:A few minutes later she asked if he had ever been, his reply was that he hasn't and he won't. Our response was, "good, that's one less person in line." :joyfull: ( Got that from a thread on this forum) We had fun, and we haven't spoken to him in a while, never was a good person in the first place.

Last edited:

WDW-LUVR

OH YES! My mother every time she goes she is miserable and always has something to complain about(one year she had them change out the air conditioner because she said it smelt moldy), but then again that's her everyday. Every time she says she is done with Disney and is never coming back, I always ask her you promises. Guess what everyone she is returning next. Yeah us. When my brother went he was the same way and every chance he had he would take a nap. Kilimanjaro Safari, yup slept on that, we all went on splash mountain, he said I'll wait her we came off and found him in a spot between to benches sitting in the mulch leaning against a tree SLEEPING. There are people that are just miserable with life itself and no matter what disney will never be the happiest place on earth for them, I feel sorry for them because they truly just don't have a happy place.

Soarin2u

Anywhere you go it is going to be expensive. Took a trip to Chicago with my 2 kids. Cost as much as WDW, between the car rental, parking and hotel downtown Chicago. Museums, food, tours, etc. No where that you go as a tourist is cheap.

Went to the Great Lakes this year, half the price, but half the fun. Any place you must pay for everything to enjoy will make it more expensive. We had picnics in the national parks that entrees only cost 15-20 dollars. Walked around the Mall of America, did some cheap shopping, payed for the rides myself. Walked around the Ikea, ( there are 0 where I live, though now I got one being built a mile away. ) It was nice to have the feeling we could control the bill easier. :)

pumpkin7

If I'm to be honest, this last trip was the first time we ever did any degree of planning. Usually we just winged it, yet still knew about FPs. Sure, there was lots I didn't know about, and after doing some research now do, but I didn't miss out on not staying on site, or having any ADRs. So my point is as a first timer, you can enjoy yourself not knowing about these perks.
Some people though just don't like reading. Like others have said, they expect everything to be handed to them on a plate. Either that or they jsut don't 'get' Disney. I have a few people at work. A few have simply said 'it just doesn't appeal' and I've had one friend who has been to Paris but doesn't fancy going to Florida. When I ask her why she said she found it boring! HOW EXACTLY>!>!

And saying all that, my parents have said they probably won't go back again. They're in their 60's and claim they are too old for Disney, for the walking, for the heat etc. I - Drive has gone down hill in the last few years, and they just don't think it's worth going back. Me and hubster though were planning on going back next year, but we're buying a house instead so happy days! Maybe Disney again in 2014, unless I can convince him to do DLP instead for a bit of a Disney fix. :d

RedBaron

Do you know someone who didn't enjoy their disney trip?? - yes my husband and that's why he has stayed home my last 5 trips.

I am with you. It is not that my hubby has not enjoyed our 3 trips to some extent, but he is also is not exactly missing Disney or looking forward to our next trip. If I could, I would go again next week. I am sure I could get him to go again in 2-3 years, if not, I would be on my own with the kids and he would be fine with that.

I do know a woman that I used to work with that was going to WDW for their first time and she asked me to help her, so I gave her my Unofficial Guide book as well as my personal recommendations, and when they came home she said that they would never go again or go again with the kids. She also could not believe that I recommended Peter Pan's Flight? It was sort of sad. In every photo she showed me, the kids looked absolutely miserable :eek:. My 9 year old DD was crying the last 2 days we were there since she did not want to leave and come home. Even though my DS is younger, he is more level headed and just looks forward to going again, knowing it will happen. :joyfull:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I know two adult friends that hated Disney. The both went as children and had horrible experiences due to there parents.

Friend #1 went in the early 80s pre Epcot and when his family split up for the day Mom went one way with the little kids dad went the other with big brother and he was left alone. Both parents assumed the other parent had him. He spent 6 hours waiting for his parents to come claim him. They didn't figure it out until they met up for dinner. He later finally went as an adult with his girlfriend and loved it.

Friend #2 - Went in the 80s when it was just Epcot and MK. She had a horrible trip because "she wasn't tall enough to ride anything". They only rode Dumbo, carousel and the tea cups over and over. After asking her a few questions we discovered she was tall enough to ride EVERYTHING (that was open at the time). She questioned her parents about it and they admitted they lied to her because her younger brother was to scared to ride anything else so they lied to her. She still hasn't returned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom