Do you have one??

Britt

A waterproof camera? or a waterproof camera case for your point and shoot?

I just bought one off of Amazon.com and this thing is SERIOUSLY cool! We're going in Sept, so I'm expecting rainy afternoons, I don't want to miss out on pictures though, so I figured it will ensure I get my pics without risking my camera....LOL :D

If you do, what kind do you have?

luv

I have a water-proof video camera...but sometimes it gets water drops on it and the actual playback is messy. It's better for underwater than something like Kali or Splash.

Upvote 0

Raven66

I'm getting a waterproof/drop proof one for our next trip. I just want to be able to put it in my pocket. I just don't want to carry any bags anymore. I'm looking at the Olympus Tough series. My husband has hinted that I may get one for Christmas. Our trip isn't until May/June so it's perfect. Also gives me a chance to play with it. I just love my dslr, but it's just too heavy after 3 or 4 days.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
A waterproof camera? or a waterproof camera case for your point and shoot?

I just bought one off of Amazon.com and this thing is SERIOUSLY cool! We're going in Sept, so I'm expecting rainy afternoons, I don't want to miss out on pictures though, so I figured it will ensure I get my pics without risking my camera....LOL :D

If you do, what kind do you have?

No, if you are stuck in one of the famous rain storms, you are not really standing out in the rain snapping photos. I did get a disposable one for the water park day but that was just a one time thing.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

No, if you are stuck in one of the famous rain storms, you are not really standing out in the rain snapping photos. I did get a disposable one for the water park day but that was just a one time thing.

Thats usually what I do....cheap and (kinda) works well. :p

75.gif

Upvote 0

bamillerpa

I have an olympus tough underwater camera. It takes really nice pics when underwater and if you have a blue background (such as the sky) the color is pretty nice. Other than that the pictures aren't top of the line but not bad. I still carry around my dslr because you just can't beat the picture quality but the underwater camera is great for the wetter rides so I don't have to worry about it.

Upvote 0

Funfy

WalMart sells waterproof/tight cases over in the camping section for less than $6. Perfect size for iphones and small video cameras. My husband and son just took them on a canoe trip in Cananda. One of the other people had bought one after seeing my husbands during a packing meeting-his canoe tipped and his phone was fine.

Upvote 0

Britt

Original Poster
We totally did! HAHA Well....we took pics of the rain and us in the rain.

We were on the porch of the Crystal Palace diner though...lol It was our very first morning there and it pOURED on us. I mean, fully drenched for the rest of the day poured....hahaha

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We totally did! HAHA Well....we took pics of the rain and us in the rain.

We were on the porch of the Crystal Palace diner though...lol It was our very first morning there and it pOURED on us. I mean, fully drenched for the rest of the day poured....hahaha

Ha! Florida is good for those down pours! :) We got caught in a monsoon at Universal Studios and we stood under something taking pics of the rain or us with the rain in the background. But never was the camera exposed to the elements. A tip - get the shamwows - you know those things on tv? You can get them at target. I cut them up into wash rag size squares, fold them and pack them in a zip lock. When stuck in the down pour - it soaks up the water super fast and you can just reuse! Its great! :)

Upvote 0

markchewie

I bought a Kodak Playsport two years ago on my last trip and I love the footage I have from Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach, especially footage of us on the water-slides and in the wave-pool.
We are going back next week and I cant wait to get more waterpark footage. :D

Upvote 0

Redsky89

I don't but I would love one. My uncle has shown me pics of him scuba diving all over the world and its awesome how he got the pics under water. My camera is my phone which would probably create its own fireworks show if I got brave and used it under water.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We have a blue fuji brand one and it works pretty well. We tested it in Mexico. On some pictures there were drops on the lens, but not a biggie.

Upvote 0

maryszhi

i have a kodak sport one that ive had for about 2 yearsish. i dk if they make it anymore since kodak technically does not exist anymore...... i love it. i use it at the parks and stuff, and it comes out great :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom