Do you have a funny WDW story?

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
We all like to laugh right? Did you have something funny happen to you at WDW? Something that you will never for get?

This was funny to me. On a trip a few years ago, all week I wanted some ice cream from the little ice cream place at the end of main street. Well, we had just finished watching the 3:00 parade that my 2 year old slept through. Well, the girls and I went in, ordered and sat down to eat and he woke up.... hungry. That boy ate all of my ice cream. He had it all over his face. It was a beautiful moment. Now, every time I pass by that spot, I think of that day.:)

frankd1962

Mine is more embarrassing for my youngest daughter than anything.

We had arrived at Epcot and were walking up toward SSE while my ex and I were talking about maybe doing the Leave a Legacy thing. My daughter (12 at the time in 2000) moved a bit faster than we did.

When we got close enough to the entrance of the queue area, my daughter asked the CM if it was a fast ride (she hates fast rides). Before the CM could say anything, my arm shot over her shoulder point to the very large sign behind him. The sign told that it was slow and in the dark.

She blushed and said sorry to the CM. As we made our way into SSE, she punched me in the arm and yelled whispered at me. "DAD!!!!!! He was a cutie and you embarrassed me!!!" She moved a bit faster ahead of me and all my ex could do was laugh and say "Our baby is growing up."

gofylvr

Here's an example of parents (me!:p ) pushing their childs limits!! Two years ago (2005) we were enjoying our WDW vacation to the fullest. We were in Epcot and we wanted to get to MK for extra magic hours, we were hightailing out of there asap! My daughter informs me that she had to go potty, she was only 3 at the time you think I would have listened to her, but noooooo, I had to get to MK, now! So I told her to just hold on a little longer we'll be there really soon, ( I was a newbie then,I really had no idea how long it would take but thought how long could it poss. take?) We exit epcot and board the fairy. We were happy and heading to MK, when my daughter starts to cry, we look down at her (not in her stroller mind you) and there was a huge puddle on the floor under her! Poor thing, at that moment I felt like the worst parent ever!!! (luckly the fairy was empty just 3 other families other then us) My husband guarded the puddle, so no one unexpectedly "found it" and I (with my tail between my legs) went to tell the CM that was helping people disembark that my daughter "had an accident", and the response, I'll never forget, "Is she O.K?" well, yes, but there is a huge puddle I'm going to leave you with!:eek: How embarassing! Poor CM I felt like dirt!! I offered to clean it up, but he insisted it has happened before, no big deal, but I don't believe him, just "doing" his job I guess, great guy!! Hows that for a magical moment!!??
Needless to say we got a wake up call about "getting a grip" at WDW and NOT going out of our minds anymore, the rest of the trip was at a way more relaxed pace and when she had to go to the bathroom, SHE DID!! Now years later it is a very funny moment, and we still joke to her that she "peed on a fairy", luckly it wasn't tinkerbell!!

Here's to many "happy" and "not so happy" memories at WDW!!! 17 days to go!!!!:sohappy: Yippie!!!!!

KentB3

I have a couple:

The first was at ABC Soap Weekend in 2005, when Susan Lucci was being interviewed near the Big Hat at Disney-MGM. After the main part of the interview, the two hosts ask guests in the crowd if they had questions for her. While this was being done, an OBSESSED fan yelled out (more like SCREECHED) questions and comments to Susan Lucci, like she was her long-lost best friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Another was during a character greet with Peter Pan and Wendy across from Pirates of the Carribean last November. A small girl no older than 3 got scared by THEM when it was her turn to greet, and ran into the Pirates gift shop. Peter and Wendy ran inside, looking for her, and ran ALL OVER the shop like chickens with their heads cut off! I bet that was a sight for the guests inside the shop! :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Eventually, they found her, but the girl still wanted no part of them, and she left with her mother.

Almost any moment with the Mad Hatter could qualify. I have met him twice so far, both times at the 1900 Park Faire character breakfast. The first time, he noticed I was drinking his favorite beverage with my breakfast, even though it was iced tea. He remareked, "you should try HOT tea, it's MUCH better!" :ROFLOL:

Nansafan

The CM's at the Haunted Mansion and ToT are terrific and have the best jobs. My son has always aspired to be one of them since he feels he has an awesome HM/ToT expression (he is pretty good). Anyway, we are in the HM and have just exited the extending picture room and are heading with the rest of the crowd to the doom buggies. My son, 15 or 16 at the time, is walking with Pal Mickey. This was the first year for Pal Mickey and as we found out, many of the CM's hadn't seen him much yet. The HM, CM was standing all cool like and noticed my son. He said to him "Is that My Pal Mickey?" my son answered, "No, it's mine." The CM said, "that's not what I meant" all confused like and totally out of character. We all laughed since we knew what he meant. It was one of the only times in over 20 visits to WDW that we saw a HM CM drop out of character.

Dr.Seeker

I remember overhearing someone asking a CM which way Asia was in AK, the CM said "Umm" and I chipped in "Over that way". The CM looked a bit embarassed hehe guess I'm just a WDW geek.

mpoppins76

I have one! :D Waaay back on my 1st WDW trip when I was 12...our whole family went, grandparents and all. We were at EPCOT and my grandma & I had gone to look at T-shirts and were walking back to meet up w/ everyone else. (For some reason my Dad was videotaping us walking back to them). :shrug:
ANYWAY, we were walking past a fountain and there was an Oriental family standing posing for a picture. So my grandma and I ducked down as we walked past in front of them so we wouldn't be in the picture. The ENTIRE family stopped and bowed to us. :lol: They thought we were greeting them. My dad got the whole thing on tape, it's very funny. :lol:

CMdrums12

My mother told me that when I was younger and was entering the gate the man asked me how old I was, and my reply was "I'm six years old, but today I'm five." My mom said she couldve killed me! Obviously this was done to save a few bucks! hahah Oh well, it worked!

mpoppins76

My mother told me that when I was younger and was entering the gate the man asked me how old I was, and my reply was "I'm six years old, but today I'm five." My mom said she couldve killed me! Obviously this was done to save a few bucks! hahah Oh well, it worked!
:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

eroyee

I have one! :D Waaay back on my 1st WDW trip when I was 12...our whole family went, grandparents and all. We were at EPCOT and my grandma & I had gone to look at T-shirts and were walking back to meet up w/ everyone else. (For some reason my Dad was videotaping us walking back to them). :shrug:
ANYWAY, we were walking past a fountain and there was an Oriental family standing posing for a picture. So my grandma and I ducked down as we walked past in front of them so we wouldn't be in the picture. The ENTIRE family stopped and bowed to us. :lol: They thought we were greeting them. My dad got the whole thing on tape, it's very funny. :lol:
That is soooo cute!!!

seabee1

That just cracked me up! I would have loved that.:lol:

joanna71985

:lol: That is too cute, and funny!:lol:

HA!! Oh, this is great!:lol:

Nemo14

Here's an example of parents (me!:p ) pushing their childs limits!! Two years ago (2005) we were enjoying our WDW vacation to the fullest. We were in Epcot and we wanted to get to MK for extra magic hours, we were hightailing out of there asap! My daughter informs me that she had to go potty, she was only 3 at the time you think I would have listened to her, but noooooo, I had to get to MK, now! So I told her to just hold on a little longer we'll be there really soon, ( I was a newbie then,I really had no idea how long it would take but thought how long could it poss. take?) We exit epcot and board the fairy. We were happy and heading to MK, when my daughter starts to cry, we look down at her (not in her stroller mind you) and there was a huge puddle on the floor under her! Poor thing, at that moment I felt like the worst parent ever!!! (luckly the fairy was empty just 3 other families other then us) My husband guarded the puddle, so no one unexpectedly "found it" and I (with my tail between my legs) went to tell the CM that was helping people disembark that my daughter "had an accident", and the response, I'll never forget, "Is she O.K?" well, yes, but there is a huge puddle I'm going to leave you with!:eek: How embarassing! Poor CM I felt like dirt!! I offered to clean it up, but he insisted it has happened before, no big deal, but I don't believe him, just "doing" his job I guess, great guy!! Hows that for a magical moment!!??
Needless to say we got a wake up call about "getting a grip" at WDW and NOT going out of our minds anymore, the rest of the trip was at a way more relaxed pace and when she had to go to the bathroom, SHE DID!! Now years later it is a very funny moment, and we still joke to her that she "peed on a fairy", luckly it wasn't tinkerbell!!

Here's to many "happy" and "not so happy" memories at WDW!!! 17 days to go!!!!:sohappy: Yippie!!!!!
I'm assuming you meant "ferry" not "fairy", but it is probably funnier thinking about a "fairy".

goofy0101

My friends and I had just gotten off Imagination and stepped into the Kodak area where you can play with a camera that shoots the image up on a big screen. One of my friends stepped in front of the camera and before she figured out what she was doing she snapped a picture of herself. No big deal except the camera had been previously set for someone shorter than her and the shot ended up being a close up of her, uh, shall we say womanly parts that aren't exactly on the small side. We all looked up at the big screen and there she was - even bigger than life. The CM working there could hardly speak as he was laughing so hard - as all of us were. In fact, we still laugh about it years later.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

A few years ago my Dad and I were on the Great Movie Ride when it stoped at the Indiana Jones part, where the bad guy would try to steal that gold thing. Anyway when he got out of the car my Dad whispers to me, what if I took his hat off? Well the bad guy must have heard because as my Dad said that I heard him laugh.

joanna71985

My friends and I had just gotten off Imagination and stepped into the Kodak area where you can play with a camera that shoots the image up on a big screen. One of my friends stepped in front of the camera and before she figured out what she was doing she snapped a picture of herself. No big deal except the camera had been previously set for someone shorter than her and the shot ended up being a close up of her, uh, shall we say womanly parts that aren't exactly on the small side. We all looked up at the big screen and there she was - even bigger than life. The CM working there could hardly speak as he was laughing so hard - as all of us were. In fact, we still laugh about it years later.

:eek: Oh the poor thing! I would have died if that was me.

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
I have another one. One day at MK, we were headed to ride space mountain. My husband hates roller coasters, and I didn't think that my son was tall enough to ride so I told my husband to take him up to ride TTA. I told him where it was, what color the cars were & everything. Well, almost 45 minutes later when we came back to meet them, they were no where in site. I radioed him to see where they were and needless to say, he was NOT happy. He was stuck up on astro orbiter. (what a waste of time!)He was kind of cussing me for sending him up there. Well, since he couldn't see us... we stood there and laughed at him. Once he got down and cooled off a little I showed him what I was talking about. I don't think that he will make that mistake again.

This one is pretty funny, i think

on our honeymoon in 2001, hubby and i were riding on the blue people mover thingy that was the old living seas ride (allow the flogging to begin because i don't know the correct name of the ride :brick:). Being that it was a few days after 9/11 it was very slow. we happened to be at the tail end of the group that was loading. so, there was no one in the car before us, and no one at all behind us for cars, and cars. we entered the aquarium, and were moving along nicely. now if you will recall, those seats were made of a durable, and very hard, hollow plastic. At this point my dear new husband decides that he needs to allow our lovely lunch out, in the form of what i call chemical warfare:hurl:-i would like to remain somewhat discreet here. so, he does and it expells itself with more force than intentioned and causes a loud, dense sound. And what do you think he does? After everyone in the cars ahead of us turns to see where this sound came from-he turns to me, all exasperated and says "KIERA!!!". that's right. he blames it on me.

he loves to tell this story. goodie for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom