Do you guys get defensive when you discuss about Disney?

WDW 3

It amazes me when people I know have been there are telling others that they'll get really sick of hot dogs and hamburgers by the end of a week.:eek: I point out all the choices and their comment is that they must be "new" restaurants. Sheesh we can go an entire week without either. We don't because Caseys and a burger at Pecos Bills are a couple of our musts.:)

JillC LI

I don't get defensive and I don't get offended. I like what I like, and I don't need to justify it. I'm beyond the point in my life where the opinions of most others matter to me. As I believe Dr. Seuss said, "Be who you are...say what you feel...those who mind don't matter...and those who matter don't mind."

luvtink

It really bugs me when people say call Universal or Sea World Disney and they think it's just one big park! They also don't realize that there are 4 separate parks that make up DW and they are not all called the Magic Kingdom! I realize that most people don't live close to the parks like I did but seriously. :confused: By the way....my boss has my vacation next week marked on his calendar as I'm out for Disneyland Florida!!!! o_O

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
It amazes me when people I know have been there are telling others that they'll get really sick of hot dogs and hamburgers by the end of a week.:eek: I point out all the choices and their comment is that they must be "new" restaurants.

That's funny. I continue to be amazed at all the different food options available. We live in the Orlando area and sometimes go to DW just to eat! ;) And we are vegetarians, so no hot dogs and hamburgers. Yesterday we ate at Sanaa at AKL ... OMG that was sooo good. :p

rufio

It amazes me when people I know have been there are telling others that they'll get really sick of hot dogs and hamburgers by the end of a week.:eek: I point out all the choices and their comment is that they must be "new" restaurants. Sheesh we can go an entire week without either. We don't because Caseys and a burger at Pecos Bills are a couple of our musts.:)

I've been three times and I've never eaten a hamburger or hotdog at Disney World.

Wojciehowicz

I don't get defensive, I just politely, because that's the way I am, correct people when they say that they're at "the happiest place on earth". That's Disneyland and only Disneyland.
WDW is, as the sign reads when you drive under it, "where dreams come true".
MK is "the most magical place on earth", so don't make me correct you.

dave&di

What are you getting at?!?! What are you trying to say?!?!? So I am obsessed with WDW, what's the big deal! Get over it!

No, I'm not defensive at all! ;)

real mad hatter

Count me as one that doesn't understand the obsess thing.
I like WDW and enjoy being there, but to me, it is a theme park. Albeit a very large one and the most popular one, but I don't obsess over it or get teary eyed when I see the castle.
For those that feel otherwise, I'm glad you do.
OP, the 50,000 CM number is an old number. It's in the mid 60s now.
The reason for this is because you live right next door and its just another place you can visit on a daily basis.Just like Eilean Donan castle ( where Highlander was filmed ) is on my doorstep.Yet tourists from America to Japan go crazy when they see the castle out in the loch and the mist settles around the moat.

real mad hatter

Bingo, didn't you notice my avatar?
I did.My last job was a nightmare,good money,but stressed out.I took the money offer and got out of there before I ended up in hospital.This year while at the rope drop at HS,we were first in line at one of the gates.I noticed this female CM smiling away and chatting to children and I said to my DW that she was loving her job,oh by the way,without being cheeky,she must have been in her seventies.I think if you get up each morning and look forward to your job,you've got it made.:)

PittsBurghFuzz

Dude, Disney has security standards that some governments have adopted. Watched Modern Marvels about Disney World, and it was one of the most fascinating specials I've ever watched. But yeah, Disney World is huge. Like Walt said about the Florida Project, it always had a "blessing of size".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom