Do you ever need the momentum?

Sloan

Geared up

We're always so anxious with anticipation before we even arrive that we don't really need any time once we're there to get excited. Once we're on the property, we have grins on our faces.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i guess my thing is if you cant get up for disney, then maybe you need to take acouple of years off so everything is new again.

also try these methods: anti depressants, red bull, or jolt cola. they can make chinese torture test fun.

Lores

Originally posted by Grim Grinner
Does anyone else need this warm-up period? It's really weird and was quite noticable last time.

I don't have the same experience, Mr. Grinner. The moment my car drives into Disney property my heart starts to pound. The far view of the Magic Kingdom parking sign draws a smile in my face. Just stepping into Main Street brings the magic fully into my mind, and every sight is a delight. The same happens with every other park, although I haven't go to Animal Kingdom.

All this feeling I described is intensified by the fact that I don't have the chance of going every year, not even every 5 years. My last time was in 94, and my next time, God Willing, will be in 2006. And all this wating time fuels the expectation, so the magic hits me harder.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Easing In...

I can somewhat agree with what you're saying. I don't usually go into any of the parks on the first day there. Get a swim, a nice dinner then waking up the next morning, I'm There!

Scooter

My enthusiasm starts when I ride the Orlando International Airport Monorail to the baggage claim area...

..and it doesn't stop until my plane takes off a week later to take me home.

grandmath

I think it can happen when you are waiting sooo long for this trip, and then suddenly you're there. It feels kinda rushed. Hard to believe it and you have to get used to it, now. Sometimes it's difficult, but after a few hours and seeing the classics characters and attractions makes you feel "home" again.

But for me yeah, no problem, I don't go to the parks the night I arrive so I have plenty time to recover the trip and telling myself "i'm here".

cloudboy

A nice nap between getting into the hotel and heading to the parks does wonders. Traveling can make you tired.

Although usually since I go in the winter, just the idea of seing something green and being able to feel my fingers and toes again is usually enough to make me happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom