Do You Consider Pixar Films as "Disney"?

Do You Consider Pixar Films as "Disney"?

• Pixar = Disney

Votes: 100 80.6%
  • Pixar and Disney are totally seperate in my mind

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • Undecided and/or Other

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters

Ariellen

I voted in the 'other' category...obviously now that Disney owns Pixar, a Pixar movie will obviously be a Disney movie, like a Touchstone movie, etc. I just think that even if they're all gathered under the same 'umbrella,' so to speak, the different branches that Disney uses to release their film output are different for a reason. I think that the Pixar films made before the merger were VERY much full of the heart, characters, and storytelling that I expect from Disney (the actual DISNEY label, like Walt Disney Pictures or Walt Disney Feature Animation that signify a family appeal), and the partnership was wonderful, but as much as Disney did to distribute and promote these films, it was Pixar that created them and at the time, Pixar was a seperate entity. I am a huge fan of the partnership that existed between the studios and hope that now that Disney has acquired Pixar, I have high hopes from BOTH 'labels.' The Pixar characters and films are wonderful and even if they weren't all CREATED by Disney, as far as legal jargon and good ol' 'intangible spirit' goes, yes, Pixar deserves a presence in the parks. I do think Disney's 'falling back' on the success of the Pixar films a little too much as far as the parks go...I will be wary of Finding Nemo: The Musical until I see it. To me, it doesn't seem like an obvious fit for DAK, and...well, Nemo had an end credits song and Dory's little "Just Keep Swimming" ditty, so it doesn't seem like a natural musical, either. But some of the other Pixar-related park ideas are exciting!

Bottom line...I support the partnership, have high hopes for future projects from the Disney and Pixar 'names' now that they are truly 'together,' and think that Pixar movies made before the buyout have a 'Disney' spirit but are also a unique magic all their own that happened to fit with the Disney brand very well.

NeedABreak

I really do see that passion for story telling in pixar that is not seen in most CG animation companys.

I am getting ready to start off on my CS degree in Computer Animation and Pixar is the only company that has the same goals as me. From everybody I talk to they look at it as "Make a good product and people will buy it." Not to diffrent from Walt's "Quality allways wins out." views.

bgraham34

I certainly consider them Disney. Especially with all the inside Disney jokes or hidden Mickeys and other Disney things.

TrentMom

Absolutely.I think the Pixar films are more kid friendly, too for toddlers. My son loves all of the Pixar movies because they are so colorful and animated in a different way than the classics. He really shows no interest in the Disney Classics at all yet.

Yeah Pixar!!!!:king:

lebeau

I used to differentiate between the two. But there's no point now. It's one big happy company. And thank goodness for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom