Do You Avoid EMHs?

greebomusic

Well, since they are for resort guests only, I make use of them. Evening hours always seem to see the MK park empty right after the fireworks making wait times shortest of the day. Other parks have been pretty manageable also. Well, that's been my experience anyway.

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

We had never done any EMH on any trip before our vacation last Sept. And guess what? We'll avoid them like the plague from now on and never do them again! I was warned by some WDWmagic friends beforehand but we still did it and it was a huge mistake. :(

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Use them and enjoy.

Well the early morning is soo good.We have photos taken of us in front of Cinderellas castle with no one in sight.Friends that saw the pictures asked us where is everybody.As far as late hours,well I think it's busy compared to the morning hours.Go and enjoy the perks that you get.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

July

Well the early morning is soo good.We have photos taken of us in front of Cinderellas castle with no one in sight.Friends that saw the pictures asked us where is everybody.As far as late hours,well I think it's busy compared to the morning hours.Go and enjoy the perks that you get.:sohappy:

By the way,we always go in July so it's not like it's out of season.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I agree, morning EMHs are great. Evening EMHs do tend to be busier, but I still go to them as I love being in the parks at night. It's not all about wait times for me, it's about the atmosphere.

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Usually there in March for spring break, and love EMH in the evening! Never has backfired on us. Lines are short to non existant at Magic Kingdom. At Epcot, it is still VERY difficult to get on Soarin', but love to walk around world showcase and pretend we are having our own private global tour. Morning EMH always sounds intriguing, but not enough to get up that early!:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

I think it depends what the hours for the EMH's in the evening are. We've been when the park closes at 9 and EMH til 12 and it's been a bit busy and then this past November we went when the park closed at midnight and EMH were til 3am. It was dead. We pretty much walked onto IASW, Dumbo, Pooh and Space Mtn. We left after those rides but had we stayed, everything was a walk on. EMH in the AM we've only done once at MGM and we walked onto RNRC and ToT and mnaged to get TSM FP's for an 11am return. I personally like the evening EMH better since I'm not a good early morning person lol

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I wouldn't say we avoid them, but we don't go out of our way to be there for them. So many people stay on property, it's really not a huge perk.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I think it depends what the hours for the EMH's in the evening are. We've been when the park closes at 9 and EMH til 12 and it's been a bit busy and then this past November we went when the park closed at midnight and EMH were til 3am. It was dead.

That's a good point. The later it is, the quieter it is.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member
We always use the EMH's, no matter the season. It seems to me that the morning EMH for Studios may be the most congested, but that just may be my thoughts. For EMH at Epcot, the crowds seem to disperse much faster and more effectively than other parks. Again, this is probably my own perspective. :shrug:

Personally, my favorite EMH is MK in the morning. Contrary to the crowds, we usually head for breakfast at Main Street Bakery!:slurp:

Upvote 0

a2grafix

I do not really avoid extended magic hours, either morning or evening at the 4 parks. I use them as an advantage and a guide when incorporating my schedule, be it if I am spending a day at SeaWorld, Universal Orlando, or hitting 2, 3 or all 4 of the Disney parks in a day.

I have been to WDW several times since the introduction of extra magic hours, and if I miss an opening at one park, I don't worry. I do like it when Animal Kingdom used to be open past 5pm with 3 hours of extra evening play time, especially to ride Expedition Everest in the dark.

Very cool experience walking through a jungle at night. Animal Kingdom is a whole different park at night.

I also take advantage of extra hours at Hollywood Studios, for the same reason, though the Studios stay open way later (midnight / 1am) like Epcot and Magic Kingdom.

At the same time, things work out when I sometimes park-hop all 4 parks in a day. The EMHs allow me to spend more time and experience what I want to see. I usually use this scenario on the day before I leave my vacation (solo traveler). This allows me to hit all 4 parks and do the things I want to do, the certain attractions I have most fun riding or experience.

Sometimes I have done 4 parks in a day without the use of EMH.

Best of luck.

Upvote 0

Korfar

We like the morning hours because we are early birds anyway. There don't seem to be as many people willing to get to a park at 7 or 8am. We can get on any ride without a wait for that hour. I haven't done many of the evening hours since we have kids and they are warn out before then. We are going in April for a Mom and Dad only trip so we plan to see what the night EMH's are like.

Upvote 0
Since we go in September each time we avoid EMH's because we can get everything done that we need to without them. We don't do Park Hopper so if we did them then we would probably be stuck at the most crowded park of the day if we took advantage of them. I'm all about avoiding crowds which is why September is our month of choice.

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

how can people be critical of EMH... I love them! It isn't a dead park, I think that is the issue is that people have this perception that is a really exclusive perk that just "opens up" the park but in reality more time in the park is great for me and the fiance.

3AM EMH... epic, thats a champions day... 9AM to 3AM. I have completed it and let me tell you, but 1:45 the park was really dead. We just rode space mountain over and over and over.. just walking on!

Upvote 0

lebeau

Like the plague!

I have young kids, so we are not in a position to take advantage of them. We are rarely in the park at park close, so staying late is not a benefit. It just means the park will be crowded. The mornings EMH could be a slight benefit. But I'm usually struggling to get the kids together to make it there by rope drope. Earlier is not an option. And you just wind up at a park that is going to be busier all day for having hosted an EMH. Not worth it.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

I very rarely do morning EMHs just because of the way we vacation. I'd rather be awake late and sleep a little later. I do tend to avoid the parks that have morning EMHs on that day too because I find them to be more crowded on those days in the mornings, but that's just me. I do LOVE evening EMHs, especially at MK! The later the better at MK. Since it's usually the "big kids" that are out at around 12/1AM we head to Fantasyland and do the rounds there with little or no wait! It's one of the best times to ride Dumbo and Peter Pan!

Upvote 0
how can people be critical of EMH... I love them! It isn't a dead park, I think that is the issue is that people have this perception that is a really exclusive perk that just "opens up" the park but in reality more time in the park is great for me and the fiance.

3AM EMH... epic, thats a champions day... 9AM to 3AM. I have completed it and let me tell you, but 1:45 the park was really dead. We just rode space mountain over and over and over.. just walking on!

YES!!! EMH is great - If you're a resort guest - why complain that you have more time to play?! Magic Kingdom late at night is the most magical experience ever! I can't get enough - and going into the parks an hour early ahead of the regular day crowd just makes sense! Sure sometimes it's busy - but Disney will always be busy! lol

Upvote 0

Korfar

We are going to try to stay until closing this time around since we are kid free. It isn't open until 3 while we are there but it is until 1AM one night. I think we can make it this time. I am interested to see what the park is like at that hour.

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

We are going to try to stay until closing this time around since we are kid free. It isn't open until 3 while we are there but it is until 1AM one night. I think we can make it this time. I am interested to see what the park is like at that hour.

I was definitely taken back by WDW not offering the 3AM in July when they had it in March... and it was the first week of March, before the large SB rush.

1AM is still fun though... it will still be busy but you never know, you may get one of those magical nights where people drop like flies. Let me tell you though, try HM around the end of the night... pretty spooky riding that at 1245

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom