Do the rides have single rider

gorillaball

It seems temporary to me too. Makes sense and I'm glad they aren't tiering like at Epcot and DHS. I don't love the tiering at Epcot.

I agree completely that there should be more single rider lines.

Fast Forward to Star Wars Land, do you think then that Hollywood Studios will migrate to AK's current tier setup? One FP for either Star Wars ride, everything else becomes one large pool.

doctornick

Fast Forward to Star Wars Land, do you think then that Hollywood Studios will migrate to AK's current tier setup? One FP for either Star Wars ride, everything else becomes one large pool.

I'm hoping that it end up something like that and, like I'm hoping happens with DAK, that the tiers might go away eventually. DHS will have much more capacity once TSL/SW opens in terms of rides (which is where the real demand for FP+ comes from) and maybe could work to eliminate tiers. Of course, you would expect attendance at that park to increase quite significantly with Star Wars which could create a demand issue.

All the more reason, of course, why they should be building additional (not replacement) rides right now to supplement what is already announced.

Bairstow

I'm not sure if River Journey really lends itself to single rider.
I mean, the thing is essentially a really expensive Tunnel of Love.

Kman101

I don't think single rider will matter for it, most boat rides they're probably used to the single person. No one blinks an eye when I say "one" anymore.

Daveeeeed

Yep, that's correct. I'm hoping that when the hype dies down that they can just get rid of the "tier" for DAK. It's interesting that they didn't fully commit to tiers like they did for Epcot/DHS which makes me think that it's meant to be temporary. DAK actually has pretty good capacity amongst its attractions and could probably work without teirs depending on the attendance increase with Pandora and the capacity of the new rides (which, unfortunately, does not look ideal).

Back to the topic at hand, though, WDW as a whole could benefit from more single rider options. Right now only Test Track, Everest and Rock N Rollercoaster. I feel like a couple rides like Dinosaur, Kali, Soarin', maybe Space Mountain could potentially benefit from the concept to maximize capacity.
Space Mountain actually doesn't need it. They usually find someone and/or have enough time to take them off the "loading platform" lines into the Cast walkways in the center. I definitely agree for Kali and Dinosaur though. Splash Mountain and Toy Story Midway Mania would also be nice. Tot doesn't really need it either as they usually can pull guests from the line as they have a while to load each elevator.

Bacon

Original Poster
This official promotional photo suggests that each row can hold four.

View attachment 202425

So I imagine it depends on the size of the guests. Even the people in the pic don't look like they have much breathing room. So I could see four adults not fitting, even if they're all a healthy weight. And I could see a couple with two little children fitting easily.
Sorry for the buuump but if one is a little how do i put this Fluffy? One is a healthy weight adult and 1 child would they fit in one row?

No Name

Sorry for the buuump but if one is a little how do i put this Fluffy? One is a healthy weight adult and 1 child would they fit in one row?

I'm confused.

Two people would definitely fit in a row. Four is where it can be tight. Am I Fluffy?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom