danlb_2000

Premium Member
Do the rides have single rider?

Flight of passage definitely does.

Capture.JPG

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I think @Bacon was specifically asking about Pandora attractions, since it was under the Avatar sub thread.

Opps, yes, helps to pay attention to the thread category. :oops:

However, isn't it a little too early to tell? Pandora doesn't open until the end of the month....

dan8302

We are singed up to go during the DVC previews. Does anyone know/think if the child swap will be available? Our girls are to small to ride.

Kman101

FOP having single rider is nice. WDW seemed a bit adverse to having them. Yes a few do but it's nice to see one included.

No Name

I think Na'vi River Journey would benefit more capacity-wise from a single rider line than Flight of Passage. It's harder to get a perfect 8 people per boat than to get a perfect 16 per simulator row.

Maybe the reason is that it would be odd or uncomfortable having a stranger riding in the boat with your family. Whereas on Flight of Passage, you're kind of self-contained.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yeah, FoP has a single rider, which I think is pretty odd (pardon the math pun). Since you're not immediately next to anyone, why bother worrying about being next to each other (except for maybe small children)? It's not like you'll be able to hold hands or carry on a conversation.

Rteetz

Yeah, FoP has a single rider, which I think is pretty odd (pardon the math pun). Since you're not immediately next to anyone, why bother worrying about being next to each other (except for maybe small children)? It's not like you'll be able to hold hands or carry on a conversation.
You'll still have groups of people. Families aren't going to want to be split up. You have a family of 5, and a couple, you have one spot left which is where the single rider will come in. They want the attraction as full as possible.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think Na'vi River Journey would benefit more capacity-wise from a single rider line than Flight of Passage. It's harder to get a perfect 8 people per boat than to get a perfect 16 per simulator row.

Maybe the reason is that it would be odd or uncomfortable having a stranger riding in the boat with your family. Whereas on Flight of Passage, you're kind of self-contained.
Is Navi River 8 per boat? I thought the boats had two rows. They didnt look wide enough for four per row.

No Name

Is Navi River 8 per boat? I thought the boats had two rows. They didnt look wide enough for four per row.

This official promotional photo suggests that each row can hold four.

image.jpeg

So I imagine it depends on the size of the guests. Even the people in the pic don't look like they have much breathing room. So I could see four adults not fitting, even if they're all a healthy weight. And I could see a couple with two little children fitting easily.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
This official promotional photo suggests that each row can hold four.

View attachment 202425

So I imagine it depends on the size of the guests. Even the people in the pic don't look like they have much breathing room. So I could see four adults not fitting, even if they're all a healthy weight. And I could see a couple with two little children fitting easily.
Thanks for posting that. I agree that its going to be a tight fit for four average guests.

Launchpad McQuack

This is great news for me, since I was probably going to be riding it as a single in the fall, anyway. Maybe my wife and daughter won't have to wait quite as long for me now.

Kman101

I'm happy for single rider as well since I'll just use that and likely FP River Journey. Since don't we have to pick one or the other for FP?

doctornick

I'm happy for single rider as well since I'll just use that and likely FP River Journey. Since don't we have to pick one or the other for FP?

Yep, that's correct. I'm hoping that when the hype dies down that they can just get rid of the "tier" for DAK. It's interesting that they didn't fully commit to tiers like they did for Epcot/DHS which makes me think that it's meant to be temporary. DAK actually has pretty good capacity amongst its attractions and could probably work without teirs depending on the attendance increase with Pandora and the capacity of the new rides (which, unfortunately, does not look ideal).

Back to the topic at hand, though, WDW as a whole could benefit from more single rider options. Right now only Test Track, Everest and Rock N Rollercoaster. I feel like a couple rides like Dinosaur, Kali, Soarin', maybe Space Mountain could potentially benefit from the concept to maximize capacity.

Kman101

Yep, that's correct. I'm hoping that when the hype dies down that they can just get rid of the "tier" for DAK. It's interesting that they didn't fully commit to tiers like they did for Epcot/DHS which makes me think that it's meant to be temporary. DAK actually has pretty good capacity amongst its attractions and could probably work without teirs depending on the attendance increase with Pandora and the capacity of the new rides (which, unfortunately, does not look ideal).

Back to the topic at hand, though, WDW as a whole could benefit from more single rider options. Right now only Test Track, Everest and Rock N Rollercoaster. I feel like a couple rides like Dinosaur, Kali, Soarin', maybe Space Mountain could potentially benefit from the concept to maximize capacity.

It seems temporary to me too. Makes sense and I'm glad they aren't tiering like at Epcot and DHS. I don't love the tiering at Epcot.

I agree completely that there should be more single rider lines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom