Do the hard ticket Party events need to change to keep you going back?

Do the hard ticket party nights need to be updated for me to want to return?

• Yes. I will be unlikely to pay $50 to see the same event again.

Votes: 32 62.7%
  • No. I will return to the events regardless of if any updates are made.

Votes: 19 37.3%

• Total voters

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
There has been a lot of talk recently about the Halloween Party night not selling out, and how the entertainment offerings for both halloween and Christmas have been reduced or remained the same. Are they becoming less popular?

Are we now at the point where so many people have been to them, and due to the lack of changes, won't go back?

Or is it still at the point where you think they they offer enough and will go back regardless of if anything is updated?

joe80x86

While we enjoy going I think they do need to make changes to keep it fresh. In some cases the other guests make the Halloween parties with their costumes. However the CP is getting stale, we may actually not go this year.

mickeysshoes

In our case we have only been to each once and that was back in 1999 for MNSHP and 2000 for MVMCP so I would be ok going to each once more but I think after that I would like to see changes made. Heck the price goes up every year so just for that they should be changing something.

wendysue

Enjoyed the MVMCP last year, but the Halloween party was just a mass of people being herded around for a few pieces of candy. Not going back.

Bolna

I went to MNSSHP for the first time this year and enjoyed it. I loved the fireworks and the parade and I would love to see them again. But not so much that I would pay the same high price as I did this year. I think it is great fun once (but even expensive for that), but don't see myself paying that much money again for quite some years.

RonAnnArbor

The parties are completely different depending on who you are.
They were designed to bring in the Locals, not the Tourists/Resort Guests....but it now is two entirely different experiences.

I think if I were a local, I would still go to the parties, bring my friends, enjoy my once or twice per year visit to the MK, and just enjoy. I'd be disappointed because they have done away with the best shows and entertainment at the Christmas Party in particular, but I would still go, take photos, enjoy the ambiance, and get in a ride or two.

Being a resort guest, I can absolutely say yes to going again -- for Resort Guests these are the single best nights to ride as many rides as you want with virtually no lines. The Locals are shuffling from treat to treat, waiting for the parade and fireworks, and doing the "party things", which leaves the rides virtual walk-ons most of the evening.

Mongomil

For us it is a "Been there done that" type of thing. To us not enough changes to justify the cost of another ticket for the day.

Crockett

Banned
Both MNSSHP and MVMCP are a lot of fun and worth the extra $$ considering:
A). They both only happen once a year (for us)
B). You get extra entertainment & character M&G's that you normally wouldn't get.

We enjoy the entertainment & feel of the park during each event, and will continue to go back.

coachwnh

not for me. there are so many things i wouldnt want changed and no matter how often you go, can you really see everything? the character meet and greats change a bit, and you can always watch the fireworks or parades from different locations! thats all the change i need. unfortunately, we wont be there this thanksgiving to take it all in:(, but even if it were the same as the past several years (MVMCP) i wouldnt mind at all!

drew81

I remember in 2003-2005 they would bring out different characters. Now it's the same year after year. With the exception of Gaston, most of the characters are the same and have been for years. MNSSHP used to have Clopin, Phoebus, Esmerelda, Quasimodo, Pain, Panic, Big Bad Wolf, Darkwing Duck, Launchpad and Goliath Gargoyle. I wish they would return to character lineups like that.

I continue to go, but I'm considering not going to more parties until things change. It does get stale.

BrittanyRose428

I don't think it would matter to me, because I don't go often enough. I've never been to any of the seasonal events, but if I did it once I probably wouldn't be back for that specific one for a while anyways.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This was the first year that we skipped MNSSHP in quite a few years simply because nothing has been added, many of the unique characters are no longer there and they keep cutting the fireworks. It needs to be plussed before we go back.

I did MNSSHP on Sept 13th on opening night. Never again. While it wasn't sold out, it was ridiculously packed. Character and Candy lines were ridiculously long. I can't imagine how packed it was last night with it being sold out. If I go back, it'll be in the middle of the week towards the beginning of October on one of the light nights.

wdwfan22

For us we will continue to go to both. We like the fact there are fewer people and the parades and fireworks are nice. Even on a crowded party night, it's unlike a crowded Magic Kingdom day. For us the price is still in our range and as long as we continue to enjoy them we will continue to go. I do think they should change them up every now and then (not every year) to keep them fresh.

FLmom

For us we will continue to go to both. We like the fact there are fewer people and the parades and fireworks are nice. Even on a crowded party night, it's unlike a crowded Magic Kingdom day. For us the price is still in our range and as long as we continue to enjoy them we will continue to go. I do think they should change them up every now and then (not every year) to keep them fresh.

Last nite was HORRIBLE around all the candy stops. I will never go on Halloween again, we did two of the 10 candy stops and gave up on those. It was not as crowded as a really packed regular day but I think because everyone is funneling to the same places (Candy, Special M&G's, etc) it seems even worse. We did get to do everything my lil one wanted but had we tried to throw rides in there too we would of had to miss some stuff.

scoobygirl39541

Yes, we've done the Christmas party 2 years in a row and the experiences were practically identical. This year we're spending that money towards a tour instead. Its really expensive for a few extra hours in the park with nothing new.

Jimmy Thick

The special parties are true Disney magic, I always go to them every year with my children and Iam never disappointed.

Jimmy Thick-The Christmas one is better than the Halloween, but not by much...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom