Do the fans always seem to know what's best?

TsWade2

So apparently, I heard of a petition at Change.org that shows how some people are so upset at the way the company is now that they are demanding that Bob Chapek be fired. It has gained over 300,000 signatures as of late, maybe more, though frankly, I have a feeling it won't really gain much traction.

Now, I'm no fan of Chapek, and like I said, I doubt this petition will gain much traction, but I have to wonder, again, if those who want Chapek outed feel they're the ones who should be in charge of the company. Or if not running the company themselves, then at least have the final word on who the replacement should be, that they will be calling all the shots, even if it comes at the expense of the shareholders' needs.
I agree. While making a petition is not a bad idea, it's not going to work. The only way to get Bob Chapek out of the company is to vote for your wallet or let the Shareholders vote if he's the right choice for as the new CEO or not. Also, if I want to give Bob Chapek a chance, I want to hear what he wants to do with the company first before passing judgement. Of course, if he did it badly then the board of directors will kick his butt out of the studios. But, for now, I want hear what he wants to do with company instead of listening to fans who are jumping to conclusions.

mharrington

Original Poster
Chapek not doing D23 because he's busy and NOT because he's being ridiculed by fans (sarcasm) seems to tell me that, once again, that the fans know best. He's pretty much a coward who can't face up to his mistakes like a man. That's another reason for my feelings that the fans know best, that he's not only making mistakes, but also that he's too cowardly to admit to them. Daffy Duck is cowardly and greedy, but I have more respect for him, a cartoon duck, because at least he's willing to admit it.

mergatroid

One thing about many posters on here (myself included), is that we've been to Disney World far more times than the average person. This in itself means that we've probably ridden the same attractions far more than the average person meaning from our perspective we probably want new stuff far more. You only have to look at posters demanding to know what comes after Tron and Guardians before either attraction has even opened yet to see this attitude displayed.

To some degree our expectations are unreasonable, just because we go so often isn't Disney's fault (other than making the parks so good) and the average guest still gets great enjoyment from attractions we've got bored of from doing so many times. There is a middle ground however and a company that makes the money Disney does should be able to put huge amounts back into the parks and update attractions a little more than they do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom