Do Teachers get Discounts?

So we are planning our trip for Summer 2016 and I been researching if Educators get discount at the park or resorts? I read mix things on it, so curious if anyone ever used this type of discount at WDW? My mother a teacher and I'm student/teacher as well.

What we are looking into is the Wilderness Lodge and 10 days at the hopper park pass.

Weather_Lady

I read somewhere that the Swan and Dolphin resorts at Disney offer discounts for educators (but I don't know the extent of the discount or the "fine print" about who is eligible).

Other than that, I haven't heard of any discounts for educators. (If there are, my extended family -- mostly comprised of teachers) -- has been overpaying! :)

EDIT: There's some information on the Swan/Dolphin "Teacher Rate" here: http://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/resort-hotels/current-codes-discounts/

Upvote 0

JellyFishQueenie

Original Poster
I read somewhere that the Swan and Dolphin resorts at Disney offer discounts for educators (but I don't know the extent of the discount or the "fine print" about who is eligible).

Other than that, I haven't heard of any discounts for educators. (If there are, my extended family -- mostly comprised of teachers) -- has been overpaying! :)

Thanks for your help! I will look into that!

Upvote 0

BlindChow

Thanks for your help! I will look into that!

I'd definitely recommend the Swan or Dolphin. I have a lot of teachers in my family, so we take advantage of this every time we go. With the discount, you get rooms bigger than a deluxe Disney hotel at rates cheaper than a moderate Disney hotel. Plus, the location is terrific.

Here's the direct link about it on their website:

http://www.swandolphin.com/offers/teachers.html

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

I'd definitely recommend the Swan or Dolphin. I have a lot of teachers in my family, so we take advantage of this every time we go. With the discount, you get rooms bigger than a deluxe Disney hotel at rates cheaper than a moderate Disney hotel. Plus, the location is terrific.

Here's the direct link about it on their website:

http://www.swandolphin.com/offers/teachers.html
Since they are not actual disney resorts do you miss out on anything? I know that you can see them when traveling around disney property but I never realized how close they are to everything. When we ran the Princess 10k in Feb it brought us on the boardwalk side of the parking lot.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Since they are not actual disney resorts do you miss out on anything? I know that you can see them when traveling around disney property but I never realized how close they are to everything. When we ran the Princess 10k in Feb it brought us on the boardwalk side of the parking lot.
No Disney Dining Plan, no Magical Express, no charging items back to your room unless you are at the Swan or Dolphin.

You do get access to EMH and transportation to the parks.

Upvote 0

LdyApxr

No one gets into teaching for the paycheck. LOL My dearest cousin is a K1 teacher and I ask her why and she asks me why I went into pediatrics. About the same thing except she doesn't get to poke the kids. LOL

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Sorry, but why should there be discounts?? I have a great respect for teachers, social workers etc. I know the hard time they have trying to do their jobs, handling other peoples unmanageable children, getting the best out of all their classroom kids, working with budget cuts etc. But they chose to work in that profession and stepped into that job knowing all the difficulties they would face. There are many other professions that are just as low paying for the work thats produced, receive less recognition or are more difficult and more dangerous. No disrespect but I dont see why teachers should get more perks/Disney discounts than say police, firefighters, doctors, nurses, and others whose professions bring about a better society.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I hope this doesn't become a teacher bashing thread or a debate on who deserves discounts and who doesn't. The OP asked about a discount because some businesses offer them, which is their choice. The Swan and Dolphin have had a long standing discount for teachers, and once upon a time teachers got some perks at Epcot itself. So the question is not unreasonable.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I hope this doesn't become a teacher bashing thread or a debate on who deserves discounts and who doesn't. The OP asked about a discount because some businesses offer them, which is their choice. The Swan and Dolphin have had a long standing discount for teachers, and once upon a time teachers got some perks at Epcot itself. So the question is not unreasonable.
Questioning why one particular group gets preference over another is far from bashing. All occupations are important and serve purpose.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Questioning why one particular group gets preference over another is far from bashing. All occupations are important and serve purpose.

I don't disagree that many occupations are important and serve a purpose, I won't say all because there are some family unfriendly "occupations" that are not important. I just don't want a battle to ensue over which occupation deserves a discount. I just wanted to point out that many businesses offer discounts to educators as well as other groups like military, senior citizens, nurses. Often times, large professional groups like educators, nurses or other unions get discounts so there is no harm in asking.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom