Do kids tend to get as tired after a day at WDW as adults?

MayKit

Original Poster
My 2 and 7 year old nieces are probably coming on vacation with us for a week this winter, and I know I probably will have NO energy to play with them after we leave for the day the days we go to WDW, so i was wondering if they likely will or won't be bouncing off the walls when we get back-- (they're basically you're average kids as far as behavior) I first went to WDW when I was 13, and I'll admit that I haven't really paid attention to how tired departing kids are.

mimiandkendall

MayKit said:
My 2 and 7 year old nieces are probably coming on vacation with us for a week this winter, and I know I probably will have NO energy to play with them after we leave for the day the days we go to WDW, so i was wondering if they likely will or won't be bouncing off the walls when we get back-- (they're basically you're average kids as far as behavior) I first went to WDW when I was 13, and I'll admit that I haven't really paid attention to how tired departing kids are.

I bet the two year old will be about ready for nap time, the seven year old though...We went in 2000 when our daughter was 8 and our son was 11. They didn't want to leave the parks and when we got back to our room, they wanted to know what we were going to do next...LOL. Depending on where you are staying, I think a lot of the resorts have special events for young children to give adults some down time.

One think I did to calm my daughter down was to purchase the Disney For Kids by kids book and had her write her days memories down in the section provided. Now I love to look back at that book and "remember when".

Hope this helps.

mimiandkendall

TheMagicMouse said:
Well everytime I go, I always see little kids sacked out on the monorails and trams, so if that's any indication, yes.

Yea, getting their second wind. ha ha. Wake em' up, do a parent a favor ha ha ha

Yellow Shoes

At the end of the day they may be bouncing off the walls, but it is from being over-stimulated and over-tired.

Do not be fooled by this.

When you get back to the room and the day is essentially over, start the bedtime routine--bath, story, snack--whatever is normal for them.

Get ready for bed yourself to make sure they get the message.

Turn off the lights, and they should crash in less than 10 minutes.

The extra sleep won't hurt you, either.

LouDisney

My 2 year old nephew went with us to WDW last summer (his first trip), he would take a nap in his stroller during the day. When we would get back to the room at night, he would say "I don't want to go in there" (talking about our room) :lol:

Like Yellow said, they may have a burst of energy at night, my nephew did, he was bouncing off the walls. :lol: But as soon as we got in the bed, turned out the lights, he was out.

EpcoTim

Depends on the kid really. Some kids have the energy to do that everyday. But then again, you see kids there and its amazing they made it through the que without collapsing.

MayKit

Original Poster
I forgot to mention something....

We're actually staying in this place my mom&dad are renting in Winter Haven. Hmmm, maybe all of us will get a nap on the way back! (aside from the driver of course) lol

Mimi

I imagine each child will have their exhausted moments and their bouncing-off-the-walls moments: be prepared for both. The kids will sleep well at night for sure, but do yourself a favor and DO NOT plan on sleeping in or taking a "day off." That 7-year-old is younger and more energetic than you....

colliera

Counting Kiddos

We have a game we play when we leave a park late. It's called counting kids "dead-to-the-world." There are just stroller and arm loads of the cute little tikes that are just totally zonked out.

Here's to all those dads that can carry a 5-7 year old out of the park in the crowd, up the ramp to the monorail or stand twenty minutes in a darken crowded bus back to the resort. Not to mention all those brought from home strollers that are made like tanks and barely collapse into a 3 foot by 1/2 foot by 1 1/2 foot wide mass of metal, canvas, plastic, diaper and Disney bags.

Here's to the Moms that wear the little sibling around their neck like anchor.

What strength and stamina they have!

Yellow Shoes

My first trip as an adult was with my Dad and 5 year old son (it was Granddad's Christmas gift).

I read up and decided that an afternoon nap was absolutely what we would do, no matter what.

(Bear in mind that this was a child who stopped regular daily naps 3 weeks after he turned 2)

Granddad and I were completely ready for some sleep; my son spent the time counting (out loud!) the spots on his new Pongo plush.

We abandoned that plan on Day 2.

And, oh yes--no stroller. That kid walked everywhere all day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom