Do Kids Have the Option Not to Eat at Ohana?

Joeamc

Sadly, the people that would pull this most likely will not do that so they screw the server...
You know someone who would pull this would also be sneaking some food to the kids when they think no one is looking. Sorry. I had to say it.

Minthorne

Option to not eat? yes.
Option to not pay? at Disney? maybe...but it won't be easy!

Joeamc

Just to put this into perspective, the OP asked a question about whether this was allowed and then followed up by saying it was no big deal if the kids had to "eat/pay."
I just re-read the original post. It didn't say that

Club Cooloholic

I just re-read the original post. It didn't say that
I guess I look at it like this. Disney wants to be nice and they will let people have a lot of leeway, so can you get the kids in there without paying, probably, should you? Probably not. It's not just the food you pay for there, but the ambiance right? I could not see going to any sit down restaurant, at home or on vacation, and not order anything for my kids. You said they would prefer a quick service meal, I assume this is because they don't really care to have a longer meal, or the food at the restaurant is something they will not eat, at this point you just say, tough this is what you're eating and you will be patient OR you take your family there. Taking up 4 seats at a restaurant that is very busy and always full and hoping not to pay for 2 of them is not really fair to the other patrons, on top of that, it sounds like you will have 2 impatient kids with you, that doesn't sound like a very good dining experience for you, the server(who is in an awkward position of now having to police if you slip any food to the kids, again something they don't want to deal with because they are in a lose/lose situation), and the other patrons around you should the kids start to get vocal.
That is not to say I don't feel for you, I have kids too and there are times we just cancelled a reservation because we knew the kids would not like it and I had really wanted to go there, heck this is a constant battle in my home lol. The good thing is Ohana isn't going anywhere and will be there when the kids are ready for it.

Payne0525

Original Poster
Just to put this into perspective, the OP asked a question about whether this was allowed and then followed up by saying it was no big deal if the kids had to "eat/pay."
Ohana is our favorite restaurant, and if we have to bite the bullet and pay for the kids, we'll do so without issue. It's just so expensive, and they would just pick at their food! They would much rather have a burger or chicken nuggets from somewhere else!

Payne0525

Original Poster
I guess I look at it like this. Disney wants to be nice and they will let people have a lot of leeway, so can you get the kids in there without paying, probably, should you? Probably not. It's not just the food you pay for there, but the ambiance right? I could not see going to any sit down restaurant, at home or on vacation, and not order anything for my kids. You said they would prefer a quick service meal, I assume this is because they don't really care to have a longer meal, or the food at the restaurant is something they will not eat, at this point you just say, tough this is what you're eating and you will be patient OR you take your family there. Taking up 4 seats at a restaurant that is very busy and always full and hoping not to pay for 2 of them is not really fair to the other patrons, on top of that, it sounds like you will have 2 impatient kids with you, that doesn't sound like a very good dining experience for you, the server(who is in an awkward position of now having to police if you slip any food to the kids, again something they don't want to deal with because they are in a lose/lose situation), and the other patrons around you should the kids start to get vocal.
That is not to say I don't feel for you, I have kids too and there are times we just cancelled a reservation because we knew the kids would not like it and I had really wanted to go there, heck this is a constant battle in my home lol. The good thing is Ohana isn't going anywhere and will be there when the kids are ready for it.
They're just picky eaters who don't each much. I believe they could live on oxygen alone. We haven't been able to get reservations to Ohana the last several times we've been, and we got one this time around. We all know Disney raises prices every five minutes and has been pricing many families out of going, us being one of them, just about. We thought we would try this without having to spend $50 for the kids not eat.

DreamalittleDisney

I swear at my last visit to 'Ohana the waiter brought out nuggets and fries for the little philistine in our party. And I wouldn't get my hopes up about generosity and the bill when it comes to Disney. You are filling a seat.....
Yeah my little on was feeling a little off when we went for dinner at 'Ohana and so wasnt touching his food. Our server had spotted this and asked us if he would like some 'kids options' of the usual nuggets/corndog sort of thing

Joeamc

They're just picky eaters who don't each much. I believe they could live on oxygen alone. We haven't been able to get reservations to Ohana the last several times we've been, and we got one this time around. We all know Disney raises prices every five minutes and has been pricing many families out of going, us being one of them, just about. We thought we would try this without having to spend $50 for the kids not eat.
I just don't get it. If you go to a restaurant like Ohana or a buffet that charges a set fee to sit down you have to pay that fee. If not go to Kona cafe and pay per item.

Dave B

Yeah my little on was feeling a little off when we went for dinner at 'Ohana and so wasnt touching his food. Our server had spotted this and asked us if he would like some 'kids options' of the usual nuggets/corndog sort of thing
They presented that option, but we were not willing to pay the same price for Nuggets as the Ohana meal, so they said it would be no problem, and we tipped well because of the great service , not because they allowed my kids to sit and not eat with us, and they didn't even have to monitor us or our kids because we have morals and would not lie to the people at the restaurant, and like I said earlier they don't like the food there, so why would they eat it and sneak it to them, it makes no sense, we would just pay to have them eat if they liked the food

Dave B

I just don't get it. If you go to a restaurant like Ohana or a buffet that charges a set fee to sit down you have to pay that fee. If not go to Kona cafe and pay per item.
I agree 100% , if they are going to eat, but they should not have to pay if they are not eating, you should not have to pay to take up a chair in a restaurant, I prefer not to get into the argument of the waiter/waitress gets the short end of the stick, because now it is a 2 top, not a 4 top

danyoung56

Unfortunately there are many many people who are not as scrupulous as you. The 'Ohana staff would indeed need to monitor them to make sure the wee ones aren't sneaking food. Much easier to just have a policy where it's not allowed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom