Do Kids Have the Option Not to Eat at Ohana?

Club Cooloholic

O GOOD LORD.
Soda is 3 cents a cup or less.
I don't disagree, its a bit outrageous, but like a movie theater factors in the cost of its snacks to subsidize what it costs to purchase a print and show it, selling soda is a similar deal for Disney. Fortunately its beer or water for me usually lol. Unfortunately what they are charging for popcorn and soft pretzels. which I do like is outrageously marked up as well.

KimAnnFran

I don't disagree, its a bit outrageous, but like a movie theater factors in the cost of its snacks to subsidize what it costs to purchase a print and show it, selling soda is a similar deal for Disney. Fortunately its beer or water for me usually lol. Unfortunately what they are charging for popcorn and soft pretzels. which I do like is outrageously marked up as well.
I ALMOST think they should just let people drink soda free at their current prices. They may as well, I've seen parents filling sippy cups, kids refilling containers, etc

KimAnnFran

Or they could stop the abuse with microchipped cups, which is what they did.
So they actually work? Interesting. But what about people just walking up there with their own containers? I suppose they would need folks to watch it.

I prefer the free soda part, but I don't drink soda. Also, I cannot drink their water at WDW I taste the sulfur in the treatment, so I have to purchase bottled water.....so expensive!

Chi84

Premium Member
So they actually work? Interesting. But what about people just walking up there with their own containers? I suppose they would need folks to watch it.

I prefer the free soda part, but I don't drink soda. Also, I cannot drink their water at WDW I taste the sulfur in the treatment, so I have to purchase bottled water.....so expensive!
The soda will not dispense until a cup with a microchip is in contact with the holder. If you walk up with your own container and try to get pop out of the machine, nothing will come out. No one has to watch it.

jaklgreen

O GOOD LORD.
Soda is 3 cents a cup or less.

Multiply that by the tens of thousands of people that stay at a WDW resort every year. If even half the people just took the soda that they did not pay for, you are talking about a lot of money. And this is exactly what had been happening. We have been going for over 2 decades and have seen people filling all manner of containers. From milk jugs to giant thermoses. I don't understand the mentality that just because it's not "THAT" expensive, that a person should just take it. Stealing is stealing. That is like you are a little bit pregnant, either you are or you are not. You are either stealing, or you paid for it.

Hockey89

Multiply that by the tens of thousands of people that stay at a WDW resort every year. If even half the people just took the soda that they did not pay for, you are talking about a lot of money. And this is exactly what had been happening. We have been going for over 2 decades and have seen people filling all manner of containers. From milk jugs to giant thermoses. I don't understand the mentality that just because it's not "THAT" expensive, that a person should just take it. Stealing is stealing. That is like you are a little bit pregnant, either you are or you are not. You are either stealing, or you paid for it.
"Dave Ber has entered the chat to say it's ok to steal"

KimAnnFran

The soda will not dispense until a cup with a microchip is in contact with the holder. If you walk up with your own container and try to get pop out of the machine, nothing will come out. No one has to watch it.
AH that solves the problemo!

KimAnnFran

I wasn't suggesting stealing, I was suggesting them doing it for free with the costs of those meals that are outrageously priced. I was always against people cheating the system, because there are those who did pay for the mugs, and those violating the rules makes the cost just go up.

My point was, with all the money they rake in, maybe drink refills could just be free along with your meal.

nickys

Premium Member
I wasn't suggesting stealing, I was suggesting them doing it for free with the costs of those meals that are outrageously priced. I was always against people cheating the system, because there are those who did pay for the mugs, and those violating the rules makes the cost just go up.

My point was, with all the money they rake in, maybe drink refills could just be free along with your meal.

But the microchipped cups aren’t used for the refills at meals. They’re for use at any time at any resort.

Phonedave

Keeping in mind that we are talking about the resorts here, refills are free to an extent.

You can buy a refillable mug for your length of stay. So for the entire time of your reservation your refillable mug will activate the soda machine allowing unlimited refills (keeping in mind the required wait of a few minutes between refills). The wait time is there to prevent people from buying one mug, filling it, dumping it into a cup for a family member, filling it again, dumping it again, etc.

Or you can buy a single use paper cup with your meal. That cup has a chip in it as well. That cup is good for 3 fills in something like a 4 hour time frame, then it dies. The soda machines have a little screen on them, when you fill your mug, the screen will say something like "you have 2 refills remaining, up until 8:37 PM"

So you don't get free soda with a meal, but you do get free refills. The iced tea dispensers don't have chips (I believe) and that is what I drink. I guess I could keep using that cup all trip, but I drink my iced tea, and then throw out the cup.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom