Do Kids Have the Option Not to Eat at Ohana?

Payne0525

Original Poster
Our kids don't eat much and would rather eat a quick service somewhere than eat at Ohana. Will they allow the kids to not eat and not be charged?

Weather_Lady

I think the short answer is, no. For buffets and all-you-can-eat meals, the entire party will be charged (although you should know that 'Ohana does have some kid-friendly, not-on-the-menu options you could inquire about if necessary, and as always, kids 2 and under are free). If you want to take the kids with you and not have them get charged for a meal -- the kid rate at 'Ohana being over $30 per child -- you'll want to select an a la carte restaurant instead.

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
If they are ages 3+ they will pay whether they eat or not.
Its an all you care to enjoy served family style.
Its a fixed price per person. Its not like its an a la carte regular TS location.
I would suggest going elsewhere if you rather not pay for your children if you REALLY think they are not going to eat anything.

Dave B

We ate there in September and this was not the case, we explained to them that the kids don't eat this food but we didn't want them waiting in the lobby, they said if it was breakfast they would have to pay because of the character interaction, but as long as they don't eat it was ok. The kids played on the phones while we ate and we were not charged for them. They only brought us two plates, one for the wife and one for myself, so I would tell you it can't hurt to ask, not wanting to argue with anyone, just telling what our experience was

Chi84

Premium Member
The policy is that everyone has to pay regardless of whether or not they eat, but in practice Disney CMs have a great deal of discretion in applying those policies on any given day. People giving advice naturally tend to be conservative so as not to create unrealistic expectations, but the truth is you just never know what will happen unless and until you ask. Personally, I wouldn't ask to take kids to a buffet or AYCTE expecting them not to eat because there's just no way for the restaurant to monitor that kind of thing and it seems unfair to those who forgo the buffets for just that reason. But I would be skeptical of anyone who tells you they know "for sure" what the answer will be - I've just seen too many CMs make exceptions to believe that.

Last edited:

Payne0525

Original Poster
We ate there in September and this was not the case, we explained to them that the kids don't eat this food but we didn't want them waiting in the lobby, they said if it was breakfast they would have to pay because of the character interaction, but as long as they don't eat it was ok. The kids played on the phones while we ate and we were not charged for them. They only brought us two plates, one for the wife and one for myself, so I would tell you it can't hurt to ask, not wanting to argue with anyone, just telling what our experience was
Thanks!! I will try that but not make a big deal of it if they have to eat/pay. It’s our favorite restaurant, and we couldn’t get reservations the last couple trips but got one this time around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom