Do I need anything for the inhaler?

Britt

For our flights, I mean? To make sure the inhaler and spacer makes it safely to FL, we planned to pack it in the carry on. Do I need to get something from his doctor for it to make it through security ok?

Minthorne

If it is a prescription you won't have any issues, if it is OTC I'd bring one in the sealed package just in case...
But you probably won't have any issues, I'm sure they see enough of these every day...

Upvote 0

Britt

Original Poster
If it is a prescription you won't have any issues, if it is OTC I'd bring one in the sealed package just in case...
But you probably won't have any issues, I'm sure they see enough of these every day...
Perfect! We've got an Rx for it and it's in it's original box with his name and stuff on it.

Thanks both of you :D

Upvote 0

luv

I've taken inhalers and epi-pens through many times. I did always have the prescription label, but nobody ever asked to see it.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

I asked DH who works for Homeland Security he said you'll be fine. If you had a gazillion refills they may question it, but IF they did say anything all they do is match the name on the Rx to your travel documents, but that rarely, rarely happens

Upvote 0

Britt

Original Poster
I asked DH who works for Homeland Security he said you'll be fine. If you had a gazillion refills they may question it, but IF they did say anything all they do is match the name on the Rx to your travel documents, but that rarely, rarely happens
Awesome! Thanks so much :D

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

My husband bring both inhalers and epi-pens in his carry-on and has never had an issue. He's always carried a doctor's note for the epi-pen, but no one has ever asked to see it.

Upvote 0

YoungNY

I work for TSA. No documents are required for inhalers or epi-pens. You don't even need to declare them. Just leave them in your bag and you'll be fine.

Upvote 0
I take mine with me all the time, I put it in my purse in case they want to see it, also doesn't hurt to have your script with you just in case, but I never was asked for it ever. :) I even took a nebulizer too no issues.
Have a safe trip

Upvote 0

MorganKelly

I think you can go either way, although one MCO TSA agent did not seem to have seen an inhaler before. Another agent set her straight quickly. They are pretty common and you should have no issues.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom