Do Entire Restaurants Close for Private Events?

DISR

Original Poster
Just curious...I tried booking Jiko for Aug 23rd the morning the booking window opened. There was no availability then. and that has not changed since. There is availability on days before and after that date. Jiko is one of my go-to restaurants and that is the only evening it works into the schedule for this trip. Not a huge deal, but it seems strange. This isn't usually a really tough reservation to get.

DisneyJoe

Just curious...I tried booking Jiko for Aug 23rd the morning the booking window opened. There was no availability then. and that has not changed since. There is availability on days before and after that date. Jiko is one of my go-to restaurants and that is the only evening it works into the schedule for this trip. Not a huge deal, but it seems strange. This isn't usually a really tough reservation to get.
It is possible

Jon81uk

There has been other threads about other restaurants not having availability at 180 days.

Try calling instead or try again later as they may just not have loaded all the availability to the system yet.

dgauthier

Cajun Transplant
just checked open table and it said Jiko only allows a 90 day advanced reservation, not sure if this restriction is only for open table

DISR

Original Poster
I will keep looking at the Disney App and open table. Just thought is was curious for one night to be unavailable so far in advance when nights before and after are available. The only theory I could come up with is a private event. Significant maintenance and/or renovations would be longer than one night and probably wouldn't happen on a Friday.

nickys

Premium Member
And I remember the kerfuffle a couple of years ago, maybe, when CRT closed one evening. There were a lot of very unhappy people who had reservations cancelled. They were offered alternatives, but it was only a month or so ahead of time.

HouCuseChickie

I've also experienced Disney failing to load ADRs for all restaurants right at the 180 day mark. It's been a few years, but I had to wait nearly 2 weeks past my 180 one time to book one of my ADRs because the were just ridiculously slow to load everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom