do downtown non-disney resorts have the 'resort tv' channel?

popkid

i'm heading to WDW for a few days in early december - staying at the Grosvenor Resort @ downtown disney - and was wondering if anyone knows if the hotel (or any of the 'good neighboor' hotels )has the disney 'resort tv tour' that the disney resorts offer... thanks...

civileng68

Account Suspended
resort TV

Yes, maybe.

Here's what I mean. I dont know about your hotel specifically but, my wife and I spent two weeks on our honeymoon on th eDisney property and of course had the resort TV channel.

Every time we have gone back since we have stayed at hotels on West Irlo Bronson Blvd, Maingate and none of them were Disney hotels and each had the resort TV channel. I was amazed the first time we stayed outside the world to see the resort channel.

Upvote 0

popkid

Original Poster
thanks for the info... i'm keeping my fingers crossed that they do. as insignificant as it may seem, it's always been a defining 'YOU ARE AT DISNEY' moment for me when i get to the room and turn on that channel...

not to mention the fact that the resort says each room has a VCR :)

if that's a case, and they do have the resort tv channel - you can be sure i'll be taping the entire loop to share on-line with everyone...

Upvote 0

mickey04

I too have stayed at off property hotels that do have the channel. I'd say there's a very good chance that the DD hotels would therefore have it as well.

BTW, I know what you mean about it being a defining Disney moment. It just wouldn't be the same without that "Zip-a-dee-do-dah, Tip for Today!"

Upvote 0

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
popkid,

When I stayed at a DTD hotel back in March, they did have the one resort channel... with "Zip-a-dee-do-dah, Tip for Today!", and the mini 5min(?) showcases, of each of the parks.

I think all the DTD hotels have that one channel :)

Upvote 0
I have never had the opportunity to stay in a Disney resort...however, when we stayed at an off-property Comfort Inn last Spring Break, we had the Disney Resort Channel, so I got to see it for the first time. If a Comfort Inn has it, I'm sure your DTD resort will as well. Definitely great for nuts like me!

Upvote 0

RPMdfw

We stayed at the Hotel Royal Plaza two weeks ago, and yes they did have the resort TV channel, but don't count on seeing the Zip-a-dee-do-dah, Tip for Today. They've taken everything off of the channel except for new items. Specifically, you'll see "The Top 7 Things to do at Disney World" over and over and OVER! There are some great things, but Chrissa or Christa or whatever started to grate on our nerves after the first day or so. I did love one thing she says though: "I see London, I see France, you know the rest!". Scott got tired of me saying that at World Showcase. :lol: :D

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

Originally posted by RPMdfw
We stayed at the Hotel Royal Plaza two weeks ago, and yes they did have the resort TV channel, but don't count on seeing the Zip-a-dee-do-dah, Tip for Today.

Yeah they retired the Zip-a-dee-do-dah Tip for today :(
Oh well change is sometimes good :)

Upvote 0

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by wdwfan22
Yeah they retired the Zip-a-dee-do-dah Tip for today :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOoooo :(

Well... I guess thats ok... I have a clip of it around here somewhere. :D

Upvote 0

EvilMortimer

Account Suspended
Originally posted by popkid
i'm heading to WDW for a few days in early december - staying at the Grosvenor Resort @ downtown disney - and was wondering if anyone knows if the hotel (or any of the 'good neighboor' hotels )has the disney 'resort tv tour' that the disney resorts offer... thanks...

99% of the Good Neighbor Hotels have it. :) But like he said, it's not the WDW Tour any more. It's the top 7.

Upvote 0

popkid

Original Poster
oh no :(

when did they change it? is it just for the non-disney hotels, or is the loop sans zip-a-dee-doo-dah everywhere.

they were still zip-a-dee-doo-dah-ing when i was there in september :( (stayed at the caribbean beach resort)

Upvote 0

Maerj

This was posted on another thread here, Popkid. The Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah-Tip for Today is now gone. :mad: I wish there was some way we could express our displeasure with that, as it was a highlight of being there. When you heard that song on Resort TV (The Walt Disney World TV Tour) you knew you were there, it was great. If you know of a way we could write, call or email them to let them know how much people liked that that would be cool.

"I want my Resort TV!"

Upvote 0

foxfire

I've stayed @ both Ramada's on 192 by World Drive, and they had the channel, as well as the Orlando Tour. My last visit was Aug. 2003---though thanks to Disney-Central I can watch it all the time =p Last time I saw it they added Mission Space footage.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by mickey04
It just wouldn't be the same without that "Zip-a-dee-do-dah, Tip for Today!"

I agree 100%...when I read that it made me feel like I was there...I could hear the Resort Channel singing that and watch the origami figures folding into the screen...WOW!! How wonderful that channel is...on all of our home videos of our resort I'm always watching that channel, and my family thinks I'm insane for watching it over and over and over...I wake up and turn it to the channel watch it when I get back from MK at 1 in the morning after getting sodas..if we can that is...anyway rambling again...

Upvote 0

bondskier

i stayed at the wyndham palace resort and it was top notch. however, there was no resort tv (only regular cable) we did get the regular national disney channel, but thats not the same as the resort feeds. we also stayed at the courtyard by marriot in the villabe and they did have the resort feeds. i would just reccomend calling the resort when you make reservations and asking.

Upvote 0

disneyfamily

We only stay at the Wyndham Palace (which used to be the Lake Buena Vista Palace) and they have the Zip a Dee, Doo Dah channel, is there another at actual on property resorts like TGF or the Contemporary?

Upvote 0

EvilMortimer

Account Suspended
The WDW Info channel is gone from everywhere. It was replaced in Early October by the WDW Top 7. The only place I know to see the old version is on popkid's mIRC server. Sorry.:(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom