do downtown non-disney resorts have the 'resort tv' channel?

popkid

i'm heading to WDW for a few days in early december - staying at the Grosvenor Resort @ downtown disney - and was wondering if anyone knows if the hotel (or any of the 'good neighboor' hotels )has the disney 'resort tv tour' that the disney resorts offer... thanks...

conntom

I have stayed at the Grosvenor Hotel for many years
yes that Channel is there. I hope you like the Hotel
the people are very nice there if you have a problem
they will help you. I will be there on Dec 7 for a week
it will make 21 year going to WDW and I can't wait.

:xmas:

Upvote 0

all41

Just returned from the WDW Swan and they did NOT have the typical resort TV I'm use to seeing at the Disney Resorts (AKL, All Star, etc). They do have a channel with a repeating show featuring an annoying blond doing a "Top 10 Things to Do" at WDW that is worthless. Surprised since this is sort of an "official" resort. Doesn't really make a huge difference but yet another little difference.

Upvote 0

Maerj

I think they would be really surprised if they started getting flooded with emails from us asking them to return the WDW World Tour and the Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah-Tip for today!

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

Originally posted by all41
Just returned from the WDW Swan and they did NOT have the typical resort TV I'm use to seeing at the Disney Resorts (AKL, All Star, etc). They do have a channel with a repeating show featuring an annoying blond doing a "Top 10 Things to Do" at WDW that is worthless. Surprised since this is sort of an "official" resort. Doesn't really make a huge difference but yet another little difference.

The top 7 things at Walt Disney World is the new resort loop.

Upvote 0

shari71

We stayed at the Grand Floridian from Oct 18-25 and all we saw over and over and over and over (you get the point) again was the Top 7 things to do....and you can guess what the Top 7 things to do are....MK, EP, DS, AK, BB, TL and DTD...mmm...I really miss the upbeat Resort TV of the past. This got annoying since it was the same thing over and over and over...they even had it going at the bus stop.

If they wanted to update it that was fine, but they definetly need more than one show that they show over and over. After a while you just wanted to strangle the chick because she would not stop and was tooooo annoying. I probably could have taken it if there had been more than just the one show.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

I just stayed at the Grosvenor a couple of months ago. It's my favorite off-property place to stay, and I'm sure you'll love it!

However, the room I stayed in (one of the low-rise wings) did NOT have a VCR. All rooms used to have them, and the hotel also used to rent videotapes in the cafe in the hotel lobby. This trip, there were no videos to be rented, either. The rooms in the tower may still have VCRs - if you really have your heart set on one, it's worth a phone call to the hotel.

Upvote 0

popkid

Original Poster
i dunno... after all the negative sounding comments regarding the current version of the resort tv loop, i'm having second thoughts about recording it... guess i'll leave it up to fate, if there's a VCR there i'll tape it, if not... well, doesnt sound like it'll be a big loss....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom