Do attractions or shows ever open early?

fmingo36

Original Poster
Looking at Disney's website, Finding Nemo-The Musical is
scheduled to open at AK in late November( no specific date
is mentioned); we are going to be down there in 2 weeks, what are the chances they may have the show open early??

Has Disney ever opened a ride or show before it's "offical" opening date?

CoffeeJedi

Almost all attractions have a "soft opening" a few weeks before the "official" opening. I believe that The Seas with Nemo is currently in that "soft" period. The attraction is staffed and open to guests; however, because its not "officially" open yet, it can be shut down at a moment's notice for maintainence, testing, or a myriad of other reasons.

Ah! i just re-read your question, its about the Nemo show, not the ride, sorry. I have no idea about shows.

inafog

My sister and I went on Alien Encounter about a month before its official opening. A CM was standing outside and inviting people in; none of the signage was lit (it was night).

About shows, I don't know. It seems to me that a show would rehearse elsewhere before moving to the main stage. Who knows, though, maybe you'll be lucky. Here's hoping...

I believe that The Seas with Nemo is currently in that "soft" period. The attraction is staffed and open to guests; however, because its not "officially" open yet, it can be shut down at a moment's notice for maintainence, testing, or a myriad of other reasons.

Nope, Nemo is open for real. It's included in the park map, and has taken over the cover, which isn't done unless an attraction is officially open.

As for the show, it may be in a soft opening in 2 weeks, but I really couldn't tell you. My best advice would be to cross your fingers but not get too dissapointed if you don't get to see it :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom