Do any of your buy the Smart Water bottles?

disney magic 06

I take it you have the car hire,we are on coach transfers.Drove in Los Angeles down to San Deigo years ago,still having nightmares about the 7 lanes.:eek:

No, we have transfers, too. Hess is 5 minutes walk from Raglan Road at DD (or from the rear of World of Disney store). It's just across the road at the back of the car park, there is a pedestrian crossing. The Hess sign is clearly visible from DD so you can see where to head.

Remember to take some strong bags though, carrying lots of drinks in the flimsy plastic bags is a pain :)

real mad hatter

No, we have transfers, too. Hess is 5 minutes walk from Raglan Road at DD (or from the rear of World of Disney store). It's just across the road at the back of the car park, there is a pedestrian crossing. The Hess sign is clearly visible from DD so you can see where to head.

Remember to take some strong bags though, carrying lots of drinks in the flimsy plastic bags is a pain :)
Cheers for that,I take it the beer is cheaper than disney food court prices?

plaz10

If I'm on the dining plan and it costs me nothing extra - then yeah I'll get it. But really to me - water is water. And no water is as yummy as Disney fountain Coke so most of the time I get that. Disney is really the only place I drink that much non diet pop.

disney magic 06

Hatter, you wouldn't believe the difference. First time we went we spent $25 on beer, wine, soft drinks and nibbles for the room. Out of interest we worked out what the same things would have cost at the resort shop and it was around $75. Beers are around $1.50. It's only a small shop but quite well stocked.

There is another one across the car park from the Boardwalk but we haven't been to that one, I shouldn't think it's any different.

real mad hatter

Hatter, you wouldn't believe the difference. First time we went we spent $25 on beer, wine, soft drinks and nibbles for the room. Out of interest we worked out what the same things would have cost at the resort shop and it was around $75. Beers are around $1.50. It's only a small shop but quite well stocked.

There is another one across the car park from the Boardwalk but we haven't been to that one, I shouldn't think it's any different.
Cheers for that.have packed a heavy duty plastic bag which I'll leave when it's done it's job.:)

real mad hatter

No worries.

My daughter pointed out that if you go from the back of the World of Disney store the footpath leads straight to the filling station.

Have a great holiday :D
Excellent,have found a site with all the Hess prices. $14.99 for a 18 pack cans of bud & bud light.That's awesome.even bud & lime,never heard of that one.:)

disney magic 06

Excellent,have found a site with all the Hess prices. $14.99 for a 18 pack cans of bud & bud light.That's awesome.even bud & lime,never heard of that one.:)

It's great isn't it, much better than Disney prices for minimal effort really.

We staggered into Raglan Road for dinner one night with our bags full of swag, no one battered an eyelid.

Bud light and lime is quite nice & refreshing, my daughter likes it but it's a bit sweet for me.

dreamfinder

I do. I LOATHE Dasani. Ugh, it's no better than tap water.

That's because it is tap water.... Seriously. Both Dasani and Aquafina (and many other bottled water that doesn't explicitly say it comes from a spring) are usually just filtered/purified water from the municipal water supply. Which they pay the city less for that the residents do. Which they then profit from by selling at crazy markups.

71jason

Tried SmartWater for the first time last week (didn't even see Daisani for sale). Tasted fine--after the 2004 hurricanes, I became a connesuer of bottled water--and compared to the other prices around WDW, $3.50 didn't even faze me. If you're only in the parks a couple hours, probably only going to drink one bottle, so I just kind of accept it.

Phonedave

Sorry...not embarassed. Disney properties sell Coca Cola products and I was aware that Smart Water was one of their products. My point was that I don't like the fact that Coca Cola adds both epsom and table salt to bottles of Dasani...since salt essentially just makes you more thirsty.

You need salt - salt IS what everyone is calling electrolytes. Back in the day, before everything was "scientifically formulated" you used to take salt tabs when you exercized hard in the heat, so you would not boink. Now you take special electrolytes.

Honestly, the best thing I have ever drank from a thirst quenching / recover standpoint is what used to be called Gookinaid and now goes by the name hydrolyte. The guy who invented it basicly analized sweat, and then used the same chemical electrolytic balances in the drink (and added some lemon/lime flavor). It makes sense, what is comming out of your body is what needs to go back in. Anyway, I digress.

My daughter bought a smart water this last trip (last week) and also got a free one (cause she smiled pretty). It is different, I'll give you that, but is it worth it - not to me. I know some people cannot take the taste of certain water. Me, I will drink any water thats around. As far as the "smart" part of the water goes

Smartwater = steam distilled + 10 mg of calcium, 15 mg of magnesium, and 10 mg of potassium

Dasani - Reverse osmisis processed + Epsom salt (i.e MAGNESIUM sulfate), POTASSIUM chloride, and sodium chloride. Aside from the sodium chloride (which is not a bad thing to have) all it does is lack calcium

The Calcium in the Smartwater is what I hazard a guess is what gives it the "taste" people like.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom