DLR planning questions

DABIGCHEEZ

Original Poster
OK...I am a WDW vet, but may be making a family trip(our first) out there in Aug. I just watched the video of Disneyland Forever and have some questions about it. Having seen the various FW shows at WDW MK..we usually leave ater the night parade. If we go to DLR... this show will be a must as it look absolutely awesome. So for planning purposes, are all the rides open when it is going on? or just certain lands? or none at all?

Paint the night looks very good as well.

I am really hoping we can swing this for Aug. If we go it will be for approx 14 days. I know it is last minute planning. Is 3 days between the parks enough during the first 2 weeks of Aug? We are thinking of spending a few days down in San Diego as well as a possible drive a bit further north... maybe to San Fran(but I am thinking that is waaay to much to squeeze in).

Again TIA.

Bairstow

You may want to consider a fourth day in the Anaheim area to see Knott's Berry Farm.
I'd recommend putting it between some of your Disneyland days.

DABIGCHEEZ

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice, however we decided next year will be DLR as we can have more time to plan other attractions in Socal and get better airfare.(this was really what killed going this year) This year it's back to Fla. but thankfully not WDW!

I will def keep the suggestions in mind when planning. I had already looked into Knotts Berry Farm and could not believe the price to get in there....could not pass it up for that one day ticket cost. We were going to do the SD Zoo and Safaripark. Seaworld was out since it is like Orlando lite, and Uni Hollywood didn't seem worth it either.

LeafsFanNL

I just got back today. I'd recommend four days. We are rope droppers at WDW, and found that you benefit from getting there early even more in DLR 8 am - 11 am is golden. We had a 5 day non hopper, spend july 2nd and 3rd in DL, the 4th in DCA, and the 5th and part of yesterday in DL. DL is a park to slowly savour, I'd recommend spending 8 - 11 or so riding attractions, then linger in the park, enjoying the shows, and especially the live entertainment.

Figments Friend

Disneyland is a park to slowly savour, I'd recommend spending 8am - 11am or so riding attractions, then linger in the park, enjoying the shows, and especially the live entertainment.

Best advice here yet, and so true.

Disneyland is best experienced at a laid back pace.
Resist the urge to go into *commando touring* mode like a lot of WDW Veterans fall in to.
There is no need for that in Anaheim...at all.
Just walk in, decide what to do...and enjoy it all.

A completely different experience then what you might be used to in Florida.
There is a real reason why Disneyland is called *The Happiest Place on Earth*!
;)

PacNWTigger

I agree with @Figments Friend and @LeafsFanNL say. The pace is soooo different in comparison to WDW. The planning really isn't necessary except for a FP for evening entertainment. Sit down and watch what is going on around you when you take the time to snack/eat...you're bound to catch SOME kind of entertainment wherever in the park you are when you take the time to slow down. No reservations 60 days out are necessary (except for Blue Bayou, and I'm betting you could set your time a week or so in advance). No FP to schedule 60 days out (which is ludicrous to me for WDW).

Just do what Baloo does...forget your worries and your strife, just try and relax and fall apart in Walt's backyard. Don't work too hard on this one...DLR just goes along at its own relaxed pace. Enjoy it!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom