DLR Pirates of the Caribbean Ride Vid

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
A good friend of mine over at Mouseterminds just posted an outstanding HD ride through video of Pirates on YouTube. I haven't done a proper search to see what else is out there, but I thought the quality of this was really fantastic.
I have never been to DLR so getting to see this ride and comparing it to WDW was really great for me. I have heard countless times that DLR's version is superior to WDW.
Anyways, I wanted to share this for those of you like me that can't yet experience the real thing. And hopefully those of you who have been on the ride will also like the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mouseterminds#p/a/u/1/NKfto7bHigg

fitzy2004

I have been on both DLR & WDW and IMO Disneyland's ride is so much better. The whole experience is longer and more exciting. However WDW's queue is more impressive and detailed then Disneyland's.

Also that video is very good.

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
I'm so glad you liked it!

I am dying to go to DLR so I can experience all the differences (and similarities).
Thanks for your comment. :)

harveyt0206

Wow!! That vid was great. Thanks for the link. I can't believe how much more detail there is in the Disneyland version. Really makes me want to go.

TP2000

I can't believe how much more detail their is in the Disneyland version. Really makes me want to go.

Pirates is one of those rides that when a West Coaster goes to WDW, their heart aches just a bit at the thought that millions of people who have only been to WDW actually think that the WDW version is all there is to it. :eek:

harveyt0206

Pirates is one of those rides that when a West Coaster goes to WDW, their heart aches just a bit at the thought that millions of people who have only been to WDW actually think that the WDW version is all there is to it. :eek:

LOL, that is probably true. I guess I always thought they were the same. I suspected a few differences here and there but, wow!! Hubby has been informed that I would love to head to Disneyland in 2012 for my 40th.

Laura

Premium Member

When I moved to California and rode DL pirates for the first time, I was absolutely CRUSHED, because for the first time in my life, I realized fault with Disney World (the love of my life). :lol: Then I went on Space Mountain, and that was an even worse blow.

dweezil78

It's true... I grew up with WDW's version and had my mine blown when I moved out to LA. The level of detail in the original is unmatched by just about any theme park experience IMO -- and it's from 1967!!! I constantly remind myself of that fact while riding it every time and it bums me out that Disney doesn't aspire for that same level of greatness anymore, especially with the resources that are now available to them 40+ years later.

grunter

It's true... I grew up with WDW's version and had my mine blown when I moved out to LA. The level of detail in the original is unmatched by just about any theme park experience IMO -- and it's from 1967!!! I constantly remind myself of that fact while riding it every time and it bums me out that Disney doesn't aspire for that same level of greatness anymore, especially with the resources that are now available to them 40+ years later.

I could NOT agree MORE.

When, if ever, will we get a dark ride that even approaches the level of creativity and art that went into both Pirates and the Mansion.

Glorified ride-throughs of video game screens (TSM) or IMAX nature films (Soarin') just don't even come close.

TP2000

When, if ever, will we get a dark ride that even approaches the level of creativity and art that went into both Pirates and the Mansion.

Glorified ride-throughs of video game screens (TSM) or IMAX nature films (Soarin') just don't even come close.

Indiana Jones Adventure in '95 got pretty close to that standard. Radiator Springs Racers in '12 is a strong possibility as well.

There's a couple of things at DisneySea that also approach that level, and fall strongly in the Indiana Jones category of greatness.

grunter

Indiana Jones Adventure in '95 got pretty close to that standard. Radiator Springs Racers in '12 is a strong possibility as well.

There's a couple of things at DisneySea that also approach that level, and fall strongly in the Indiana Jones category of greatness.

I'll definitely give you Indy - but that was still 15 years ago for Disney properties in the U.S. Everything that I've seen so far makes Radiator Springs Racers look like EPCOT's Test Track given a Pixar make-over.

sponono88

I'll definitely give you Indy - but that was still 15 years ago for Disney properties in the U.S. Everything that I've seen so far makes Radiator Springs Racers look like EPCOT's Test Track given a Pixar make-over.

are you familiar with JTTCOTE in Tokyo? Uses similar Test Track technology, but the Jules Verne theming makes it a completely different ride. Same will be true for Radiator Springs Racers. Not only will it be located in the middle of massive, intricate rockwork, it will also feature a huge showbuilding with detailed sets, interactive AAs, and a two-car race that takes you through the town of Radiator Springs at the end of the ride. It's supposed to be the biggest and most expensive ride DLR has seen since Indy.

harveyt0206

When I moved to California and rode DL pirates for the first time, I was absolutely CRUSHED, because for the first time in my life, I realized fault with Disney World (the love of my life). :lol: Then I went on Space Mountain, and that was an even worse blow.

Okay, this made me laugh so hard because I tend to feel this way about WDW. I try to keep an open mind about competing parks, including all the other versions of Disney across the globe, but in my heart WDW is the end all be all. Of course, this is coming from someone who has yet to step foot on any other Disney property outside of Orlando.

TP2000

I try to keep an open mind about competing parks, including all the other versions of Disney across the globe, but in my heart WDW is the end all be all. Of course, this is coming from someone who has yet to step foot on any other Disney property outside of Orlando.

Just curious, but how do you know that WDW is the "end all be all" if the only Disney property you've ever been to is WDW? :confused:

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
I've only ever been to WDW, but I am dying to go to DLR. I know that WDW is not all there is. If I ever get to go to DLR I am sure there will be things I prefer there or there may be things I prefer at WDW.
Basically I just have not been able to experience DLR yet, but cannot wait until I am able to afford it and get to experience it for myself.
Hope I did not cause a great debate, just wanted to post this sweet video for those who might not have ever experienced it to see what else is out there.

TP2000

are you familiar with JTTCOTE in Tokyo? Uses similar Test Track technology, but the Jules Verne theming makes it a completely different ride. Same will be true for Radiator Springs Racers.

Great point. I've been on Test Track and JTTCOTE, and JTTCOTE is clearly the far superior attraction. But they both use the same ride system, and both have a slower indoor "dark ride" portion that leads to a high speed "thrill ride" outdoor finale'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom