DLR Picture of the Day

Mickey_777

34.jpg

TP2000

I am really enjoying those pictures from 1984 you are sharing with us! Thank you!

And look at that original stage on the end of Tom Sawyer Island for the "River Show" they used to do there in the late 1970's and 1980's. They would put bands and musical acts out there at night and people would sit in chairs along the riverfront, in sort of a mish-mash of the current Fantasmic! setup and a small version of a Pirates movie premiere.

But gosh does that River Show stage look kind of cheesy and temporary. The current look of the island stage in the age of Fantasmic! has a more permanent and better themed appearance in my opinion.

pirates-lair-on-tom-sawyer-island_alt.jpg

Minnie1976

I am really enjoying those pictures from 1984 you are sharing with us! Thank you!

And look at that original stage on the end of Tom Sawyer Island for the "River Show" they used to do there in the late 1970's and 1980's. They would put bands and musical acts out there at night and people would sit in chairs along the riverfront, in sort of a mish-mash of the current Fantasmic! setup and a small version of a Pirates movie premiere.

But gosh does that River Show stage look kind of cheesy and temporary. The current look of the island stage in the age of Fantasmic! has a more permanent and better themed appearance in my opinion.

pirates-lair-on-tom-sawyer-island_alt.jpg
I glad you are enjoying my 1984 pictures. I have more to post. We are hoping one day to get back to Disneyland. I would love to see it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom