DLR Picture of the Day

Phroobar

maxresdefault.jpg

George Lucas on a Bench

ewoksstream.jpg

A short walk from The Haunted Mansion will reward you with a delicious Peanut Butter Cookie, a unique perspective of The Haunted Mansion on the walk back and this wonderfully charming little corner of the park where no one ever goes, but you may choose to. It's so utterly charming. Another Disneyland trap street. It looks like something from the Ewok series of films. I wouldn't mind seeing Pooh and his funny little friends replaced by Wicket and Teek.

Curious Constance

View attachment 224820

A short walk from The Haunted Mansion will reward you with a delicious Peanut Butter Cookie, a unique perspective of The Haunted Mansion on the walk back and this wonderfully charming little corner of the park where no one ever goes, but you may choose to. It's so utterly charming. Another Disneyland trap street. It looks like something from the Ewok series of films. I wouldn't mind seeing Pooh and his funny little friends replaced by Wicket and Teek.

Are you talking the chocolate covered peanut butter cookie sandwiches? Those things are delicious.

George Lucas on a Bench

HMgraveyard.jpg

Disneyland's Haunted Mansion was missing a vital element for years until very recently when they decided to bring these old codgers back to the hillside, albeit with railings blocking your view. They didn't all return and the new additions are lackluster. Also, those decrepit brick walls that showed up before the tombstones look like something out of the WDW HM interactive queue. Still, it's nice to see them up there. It reminds me in some ways of how the WDW tombstones used to be. DL's were more charming in their setting, but WDW's used to look realistic, despite the macabre quips. These days, they are awkwardly placed into an unrealistic cartoon setting with an Addams Family ripoff. DL's hillside cemetery now pulls double duty, being more realistic and charming.

George Lucas on a Bench

Roger.jpg

Never underestimate the power of a wibbly wobbly effect. During my infrequent visits to the Roger Rabbit ride, I have been greeted by a Benny taxi cab that is either static or wobbles. It's still charming either way, but it was obviously designed as a wibbly wobbly effect to make the otherwise static Toontown area look a bit more animated and to add charm, of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom