DLR Picture of the Day

Californian Elitist

Fowlers-Inn-L.jpg

Tours Departing Daily: http://tinyurl.com/9bhzoly

Minnie1976

Thank you all for the suggestions on California Screaming and the Mickey's Wheel or the gandolas or now everytime I see it I'll think of it as Mickey's "death" wheel. Ya'll have not made me feel to comfortable doing these attractions nor very brave. HA! HA!

Californian Elitist

Thank you all for the suggestions on California Screaming and the Mickey's Wheel or the gandolas or now everytime I see it I'll think of it as Mickey's "death" wheel. Ya'll have not made me feel to comfortable doing these attractions nor very brave. HA! HA!

Screamin' is completely fine. It's Mickey's Wheel I have a problem with. I'm afraid of heights and the tip top of the wheel is really high. That's one problem. The wheel is also over the bay of water. That's the second problem. My third problem is the swinging gondolas. Sitting in a stationary cage, way up high is fine, for the most part. But imagine swinging back and forth in a cage, while heading downward at the same time, while you're way high in the sky. And you swing HIGH. It's not like you slightly rock back and forth. No. You swing as if you're at a regular playing park, on the swings there. It's the same thing, and it's terrifying. Add to the fact that you're swinging over water and you've got a recipe for disaster. I remember imagining and thinking our gondola was going to swing off and sling us into the water. I knew it wouldn't happen, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. Mickey's Fun Wheel messes with your mind.

Just look at these poor people, as they take a ride on "Mickey's Death Wheel":

Cosmic Commando

Screamin' is completely fine. It's Mickey's Wheel I have a problem with. I'm afraid of heights and the tip top of the wheel is really high. That's one problem. The wheel is also over the bay of water. That's the second problem. My third problem is the swinging gondolas. Sitting in a stationary cage, way up high is fine, for the most part. But imagine swinging back and forth in a cage, while heading downward at the same time, while you're way high in the sky. And you swing HIGH. It's not like you slightly rock back and forth. No. You swing as if you're at a regular playing park, on the swings there. It's the same thing, and it's terrifying. Add to the fact that you're swinging over water and you've got a recipe for disaster. I remember imagining and thinking our gondola was going to swing off and sling us into the water. I knew it wouldn't happen, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. Mickey's Fun Wheel messes with your mind.

Just look at these poor people, as they take a ride on "Mickey's Death Wheel":

You're right; that does look like fun. :cool: I know where our WDWMagic meetup is going to be!

For anyone who's having trouble picturing, the "swinging" gondolas are really a misnomer. The stationary gondolas are fixed to the wheel like a normal ferris wheel; the swinging gondolas are actually on an oval-shaped ride track that they are free to slide on based on the position of the wheel. Sometimes you won't move much, but then you'll hit that tipping point when the gondola is in the right spot. Then the fun starts. Almost like using the ferris wheel as the lift hill on a coaster... over and over.

Californian Elitist

You're right; that does look like fun. :cool: I know where our WDWMagic meetup is going to be!

For anyone who's having trouble picturing, the "swinging" gondolas are really a misnomer. The stationary gondolas are fixed to the wheel like a normal ferris wheel; the swinging gondolas are actually on an oval-shaped ride track that they are free to slide on based on the position of the wheel. Sometimes you won't move much, but then you'll hit that tipping point when the gondola is in the right spot. Then the fun starts. Almost like using the ferris wheel as the lift hill on a coaster... over and over.

Your description is perfect. So perfect that just thinking about it is literally making my stomach hurt. Mickey's Fun Wheel is more terrifying than Tower of Terror. I can't believe you enjoy this ride.

Cosmic Commando

Your description is perfect. So perfect that just thinking about it is literally making my stomach hurt. Mickey's Fun Wheel is more terrifying than Tower of Terror. I can't believe you enjoy this ride.
My son saw the picture and told me that it was way too high to go on. From the picture! He knows nothing of swinging gondolas and he is already aware of "Mickey's Death Wheel"!

Cosmic Commando

Your son is a smart boy! He already knows the deal with this ride of Hell. I hope you don't end up dragging him on it!
We will try to prod him into going on the non-swinging gondolas (he already rode when he was a baby!), but you should probably be of the legal age of consent before you make the decision to board the swinging ones. :D

Cosmic Commando

Agreed on your last statement. Is your son afraid of heights?

What's his name, if I may ask?
His name of J.J. That's how he spells it... "Jay dot Jay dot."

Is he afraid of heights? There's this episode of How I Met Your Mother where a Canadian girl goes to a Minnesotan bar in NYC to get a little taste of home. There's a running joke in the bar that all Canadians are afraid of the dark. When she finally outs herself as being Canadian, she says something like, "We are NOT all afraid of the dark. I mean, nobody likes the dark..." If you're still with me, that's kinda how he is. Sometimes he's a daredevil, sometimes he's sheepish. He doesn't like heights, but he's not particularly afraid of them.

Californian Elitist

His name of J.J. That's how he spells it... "Jay dot Jay dot."

Is he afraid of heights? There's this episode of How I Met Your Mother where a Canadian girl goes to a Minnesotan bar in NYC to get a little taste of home. There's a running joke in the bar that all Canadians are afraid of the dark. When she finally outs herself as being Canadian, she says something like, "We are NOT all afraid of the dark. I mean, nobody likes the dark..." If you're still with me, that's kinda how he is. Sometimes he's a daredevil, sometimes he's sheepish. He doesn't like heights, but he's not particularly afraid of them.

I definitely understand. I don't think he'll have a bad time on Mickey's Fun Wheel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom