DLR Hall of Presidents

Sharon&Susan

If anyone thinks the Lincoln theater is underutilized, they should’ve seen the Tomorrowland theater with Path of the Jedi playing. Both times I went into the theater, I was the only one there, at least with Lincoln there are at least a couple other people.

Rich T

No offense intended, but to me this is nonsense. I get that you and a few others here are obsessed with DL history, preserving Walt's legacy, and yadada, but with scarce real estate at DLR, and ever evolving guest preferences, what's the point in protecting an attraction that the average person wouldn't give two squirts of pee about other than to keep a dwindling group of fans happy? Even you have to admit that there's no practical point in retaining GMWML as-is for eternity, right?
No offense taken. GMWML is a show I haven’t seen in ages and I wouldn’t lose sleep over it being replaced (with something BETTER)... but it is one of those little quirky elements that gives DL its personality. When you go to a museum, and there are wings and exhibits you don’t get around to, you come away with the impression that the place has more depth and mystery than if it were a streamlined affair that only consisted of the most popular exhibits. I probably sound like an idiot, but I do think the park benefits in the long run from retaining some elements that lurk in the fringes, waiting to be discovered. I’m talking long term affection for a place. How do I put that on a spreadsheet? I can’t.

Being as realistic as I can get, I would only be truly saddened if GMWML was completely destroyed instead of preserved *somewhere* simply because it’s a significant milestone in entertainment, theatrical and robotics history.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
Being as realistic as I can get, I would only be truly saddened if GMWML was completely destroyed instead of preserved *somewhere* simply because it’s a significant milestone in entertainment, theatrical and robotics history.

I've always been of the opinion that if it was ever replaced that it should be moved to The Walt Disney Family Museum in SF.

Phroobar

Great Moments with Imperial Moffs?

conference-room.png

DanielBB8

They should remove Lincoln from the show and just place him behind the windows as an exhibit.

The theater should be repurposed as a meet or greet or a character restaurant.

Phroobar

They should remove Lincoln from the show and just place him behind the windows as an exhibit.

The theater should be repurposed as a meet or greet or a character restaurant.
Those are the last two things it should be repurposed as. If it was repurposed, it should be with a new show. How about one about Disneyland history complete with multiple AA figures? Think American Adventure but about Disneyland. The Disney geeks would wet themselves over that one.

Figments Friend

'Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln' needs to stay, unchanged.
It's darn near perfect as is, not to mention historically important in regards to the history of the 'original' Company and it's 'lead Imagineer'.

Love the show, but i'm a total Animatronics geek and go mostly to enjoy the artistry of the imagery and the figures' performance.
I will see the Show every time i am in the Park, sometimes twice during the visit depending on crowds and how my feet are holding up.

It's a great reminder of some of the 'roots' that inspired Walt and eventually led to his desire to present this type of entertainment to the public.
When i'm watching it, i am thinking of those things...as well as the NY World's Fair, Tony Baxter ( the show inspired him to get a job at Disneyland Park that Summer it opened) and of course Uncle Walt.

It needs to stay.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom