DLR Annual Passholders & Day Guests: Grievances

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I think it’s very obvious that these two groups have problems getting along with each other. With hostility mostly coming from day guests towards now former APs (let’s be honest), with no sign of it stopping, I figured we could use a space to complain and whine about each other (in a fun way). Day guests, if you’re here, feel free to air your grievances. Same with APs.

I’ll start. Day guests, please learn to properly steer your strollers. This includes measuring distance. If you can no longer see the back of my feet/ankles, then you’re TOO CLOSE. Especially in the tight corridors of Adventureland, specifically between Jungle Cruise and Indy, I’d really appreciate NOT getting my shins and ankles bombarded with pain from your strollers. And don’t try and put this on APs because we’ve showed up a few hours before closing time for churros enough to know how to handle our strollers.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I've seen plenty of APs covered in pins that slam strollers into others, block pathways, camp out on Main St etc.

Being inconsiderate isn't an AP vs Ticket Holder argument. Being considerate is a thing regardless of how you enter the park.

We're all people. You can be a jerk AP or a jerk ticket holder.
You’re missing the point of this thread lol. It’s supposed to be satirical and not meant to be taken seriously. You’re right, but this isn’t that kind of thread.😉

waltography

Day guests, PLEASE get with the program so you don't embarrass yourself:

You have to scope out your spot for Fantasmic at least 3 hours before the show; tough luck if you'd show up a minute late.

If you haven't figured out by now that the shuttle opens the same door in RotR, I can't help you.

Sorry you can't be me with my Limited Edition AP Exclusive Vintage Popcorn Bucket and Souvenir Sven Sipper. Respect the drip.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

You have to scope out your spot for Fantasmic at least 3 hours before the show; tough luck if you'd show up a minute late.

If you haven't figured out by now that the shuttle opens the same door in RotR, I can't help you.

Sorry you can't be me with my Limited Edition AP Exclusive Vintage Popcorn Bucket and Souvenir Sven Sipper. Respect the drip.
What Fantasmic! ? You don't have that problem these days. so its a moot point

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

Absolutely. I will never feel bad for getting a good spot for Fantasmic!. Get there early or deal with your bad spot.🤷🏾‍♀️

Sailor310

I would encourage day guests to read ahead before you're going to spend thousands on a day at DL. Learn what the hours are, look at at a map so you can find "Star Wars Land", learn how fast pass and singler ride work. If you hate computers like my mom, go get the California book at AAA. I'll be there to answer dumb questions and give directions if I see you're in trouble, better if you know before you go.

DrAlice

I've seen plenty of APs covered in pins that slam strollers into others, block pathways, camp out on Main St etc.

Being inconsiderate isn't an AP vs Ticket Holder argument. Being considerate is a thing regardless of how you enter the park.

We're all people. You can be a jerk AP or a jerk ticket holder.

You’re missing the point of this thread lol. It’s supposed to be satirical and not meant to be taken seriously. You’re right, but this isn’t that kind of thread.😉
Yes @CaptinEO. Stop being nice! This is the Hive of Miserable B@$tards. The HIVE!

Ok, here's mine:

Listen APs, stop filling up the whole park! I paid a lot of money for my family to be here on these 3 days. Of all the days that you could enter the park, how dare you pick these three to clog up the lines and walkways. You could go ANYtime. These are MY days.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Key Holders in my Disney Park.

What has happened to this place?
I don’t recognize it anymore.
It used to be so fun and special.
What is life worth living for?
The dream is dead, our land is gone;
There’s a hole in my heart and I can’t go on.

There are too many Magic Key Holders (Key Holders)
At my Disney Park (my Disney Park).
This was our land, our dream (our dream)
and they’ve taken it all away.
They just keep coming and coming (Key Holders).
I tried to go and tell the police,
But even the authorities
Are Magic Key Holders
At my Disney Park.

There’s no place for me to sit anymore,
And the lines just keep getting crazier.
There are Pass Holders all around me.
The merchandise has never been lazier.
It’s a 40 minute wait in the popcorn bucket line,
And the boarding groups are all gone for the Star Wars ride!
(Bright Suns recruit)
Just speak normal already!

There are too many Magic Key Holders (too many)
At my Disney park (somebody do something).
Where did they all come from?
Why can’t they leave this land alone?
And it’s such a tragedy (feel a bit like dying).
We looked the other way too long.
We’ve got to change our priorities
And get all these Key Holders
Out of my Disney Park

(Pass Holders) Families and couples,
(Vloggers), I think I even saw some from out of state (gross).
God I’m asking please, get all of these Magic Key Holders
Out of my Disney Park (my Disney Park).

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Furthermore, NO ONE cares about you. Not even your mom. And she likes EVERYONE.
And that reminds me. DLR fans in general, day guests and APs, Disney doesn’t care about us! Stop expecting them to do things for us because we fork over hundreds and oftentimes thousands of dollars to them every year. They our money. Nothing more.

Indy is never getting fixed. Accept it.

Figments Friend

I have been a Day Guest and a DLR AP holder.
Best of both worlds...?
So I have perspectives from both angles.

Day Guests don't know how to properly behave when 'claiming' their spot for a parade or for fireworks.
Locals ( and several of the more seasoned fellow AP'ers I saw ) have their act together.
There is a 'politeness' factor I have witnessed and respected.
Example - a few years ago, I was exiting DCA just as the fireworks presentation started across the esplanade at Disneyland that night.
Just about EVERYONE sat on the ground evenly spaced to watch the show just outside the DCA turnstiles.
It was awesome to see.
These were locals.

The non-locals who didn't want to sit stood in a parameter far in the back behind all of the people sitting in the esplanade.
Had this been just outside the turnstiles at a certain theme park in Central Florida, it would have been a absolute mob scene of people pushed up against each other, stepping all over each other, and standing with their small children boosted up on their parents shoulders....completely blocking everyone's view behind them.
Contrast and compare....

AP'ers however can swing both ways.
Some are really cool and respect the Parks, it's CMs, and it's legacy ( I tried to be this kind of AP'er!)
Yes, there is the 'entitlement' issue....it can creep into your thoughts, exspecially back when i would pass through the turnstiles and the gatekeeper CM would say to me 'Welcome back to Disneyland, Figment's Friend'!
It was personal, and made you feel like you were a close friend of Uncle Walt himself!
Maybe that's why they don't do this anymore.....but yeah, you can get the ego boost of being led to believe that you are 'special' as an AP'er.

And then there are the negative aspects....
I have certainly witnessed that , too.
And the roving 'gangs' of Main Street Maulers ( and other named social groups ).
Ya'all don't own the Park, so get a life!
😆

Dang Day Guests can suck too....
Keep complaining about the 'castle being too small' at Disneyland.
Two words for you - 'SHUT UP!'

Look, it's not the size that matters....it's what you do with it, people!
Didn't you learn anything in high school?
😏

Sleeping Beauty Castle is BEAUTIFUL and perfectly matches the setting it is in.
No other Disney Castle had the honor and privilege of being ok'ed by Uncle Walt himself.
He freakin' saw it built, he freakin' WALKED through it....!
Yes!
Guests today can walk through it , too, and walk it's upper levels to view the fabulously charming 'Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough'.
Hell, yes!

But I digress....

( tries to calm down and breathe after feeling blood pressure rising.....)

-

Last edited:

el_super

Club 33 Members watching this thread from their upper balcony...

fancy_pooh_by_shadow_of_devotion_dd7rr4c-fullview.jpg

waltography

Passholders are a major contributing factor to MSEP still being a thing. It certainly wasn't day guests camping out on the curb at 8 AM for it.

Therefore, day guests are better.
Please, I have as much love for the Christmas lights & chicken wire parade as the next person, but if I see the parade "glowing" away one more time with a limited edition cupcake thrown into the mix while Paint the Night is still in mothballs, I'll riot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom