DLP's Cinemaique coming to Florida?

Figment fan

Original Poster
There was a rumour sometime ago that Cinemaique from DLP would come to Disney MGM Studios in Florida's W.D.W? I really do hope that this might happen, what can it replace and how could it be improved to fit in with the american audience?

DisneyRoxMySox

Figment fan said:
There was a rumour sometime ago that Cinemaique from DLP would come to Disney MGM Studios in Florida's W.D.W? I really do hope that this might happen, what can it replace and how could it be improved to fit in with the american audience?

I hate clones!! :fork:

dxwwf3

I REALLY wish it would come to the Superstar Televison theater. Or the WWTBAM: Play It soundstage. Or anywhere else in the park :)

Most people think that Cine and the Armageddon show were both great additions to the underrated Disney Studios Paris park.

ogryn

Not that cheap. From what I have read, they only got the rights to the film clips for European use (it may have been Jim Hill's site, so take that as you will).

Re-negotiating for American use could be $$$. Due to the nature of the film, there are a lot of different movies in there.

marchofthecards

Leave it alone!

In answer to the first post about what can they do to adapt it.... NOTHING!!!

This attraction needs to be left alone! It's perfect!

Don't be doing a Cinderellabration on it and ruin it. There is no French language to it so it will fit right in.

The ABC theatre wouldn't be able to run it to the capacity as it does in Paris. Paris has a massive theatre to house it, so that would be a capacity issue for a start.

It definately needs to go to MGM though, it is such a perfect attraction, or really very simple.

I also understand that a lot of it is down to the rights of the film footage they use. Therefore in effect, for once in DLP's lifetime, WDW would be buying an attraction off Paris! There is a turn up for the books! Go PARIS!!!!

Simes

speck76

ogryn said:
Not that cheap. From what I have read, they only got the rights to the film clips for European use (it may have been Jim Hill's site, so take that as you will).

Re-negotiating for American use could be $$$. Due to the nature of the film, there are a lot of different movies in there.

It could potentially be reworked to use only Disney/Touchstone/Miramax films.....keeping the concept the same.

I think the attraction sounds quite nice, and would be a great addition to MGM.

Mission: SPACE

DisneyRoxMySox said:
I doubt they will close WWTBAM, it is 75% full or higher almost every show.

Think again... I've heard from some of my friends at work (who I trust) that they've heard imagineering say a power rangers show is moving in there... and these aren't just random imagineering folks... these are some pretty powerful people...

speck76

Mission: SPACE said:
Think again... I've heard from some of my friends at work (who I trust) that they've heard imagineering say a power rangers show is moving in there... and these aren't just random imagineering folks... these are some pretty powerful people...

I heard the same thing, but not the same location

disneychamp

CineMagique was great. Animagique shouldn't even be running in Paris. It was really, really disappointing (and I'm usually pretty easy to please at the Disney parks).

They are currently running a small Power Rangers show/meet and greet at the end of NY Street by the Backlot Tour turnaround.

ABC TV theatre is the best choice for Cinemagic.

Chape19714

DisneyRoxMySox said:

Everyone says they hate clones, but what if WDW had no Haunted Mansion, PotC, Small world, peterpan, snow white, jungle cruise, thunder mountain, splash mountain, etc., etc, because they are all clones too!

I would welcome a new show to MGM studios. Clones are ok by me!

AndyP

disneychamp said:
CineMagique was great. Animagique shouldn't even be running in Paris. It was really, really disappointing (and I'm usually pretty easy to please at the Disney parks).

Personally I think both were excellent. Also, considering I'll be going to WDW more than Paris, I wouldn't mind so much to see a clone. Just think, how many of the US go to DLP? Really not many people go to 2 sets of parks on regular basis, hence why they clone.

Tim G

DisneyRoxMySox said:
Ok... So if that's the case, for your sake, we'll remove EVERY Ride/Attraction that initiated in California from every park, 'cause there ALL clones... in a way...

Chape19714

Corrus said:
Ok... So if that's the case, for your sake, we'll remove EVERY Ride/Attraction that initiated in California from every park, 'cause there ALL clones... in a way...
Somewhat else who was thinking the same thing I was! It's Impossible to say that you love the Magic Kingdom, but hate clones, because well, nearly every ride in it is a clone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom