DLP trip report June 2022

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am wanting to go back to Paris soon, would have gone around Easter/Whitsun but we have Anaheim booked for August and I didn’t want to spoil that.

Also a great trip report and photos, but can this really be @marni1971 without a picture of him in a sleeveless top?
Worry ye not! :D

FFC242E0-37D4-40D7-9EF7-45A9D01440BA.jpg
2CA33C65-7E67-4DF6-BB09-81F27F1A71E9.jpg

ToTBellHop

Get this. Not only was the smoke working on the chimneys in the Peter Pans Flight load area, the little model chimneys as you fly over London were smoking too.

I know.
This does not compute. A trip to DLP costs less per night than WDW. How are they affording this level of maintenance when WDW cannot? Maintenance is entirely funded by the elevated buffet prices?

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
@marni1971 - You and Michelle were lucky that you’d left on Friday; the heat and sun were pretty brutal on Saturday. That being said, I think it helped with the crowd levels.
Yes. Friday was our hottest day and fried us pretty much. Plus the parks were full - though we didn’t realise until we saw the signs as we left. Hope you had a good time.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Yes. Friday was our hottest day and fried us pretty much. Plus the parks were full - though we didn’t realise until we saw the signs as we left. Hope you had a good time.

I did, as did my friends and their daughter. We took things slowly enough to not overdo it in the heat but still managed to do pretty much everything we wanted to do. I was spent, however, after a really long day and ended up changing my train the next day to get home earlier. Now looking forward to my WDW trip next month and maybe DLP again in early September (as a besties weekend leaving the families at home).

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Thank you for sharing, @marni1971 !
Visiting DLP one day, it's on my bucket list, and after reading your report on how beautiful, well maintained and clean the parks are over there, even more so.

I liked all your pictures, specially this one:
1657777077486.png

Love it!

I'm very glad you and Michelle had a great time. 😊

gerarar

Premium Member
Not to hijack this thread, but I've arrived in France today and headed straight to DLP via train.

After getting off, I couldn't stop smiling. I just love everything, the setup, the environment, the friendly CMs, ...everything!!

It's also freakin dang beautiful. After being so used to WDW after all these years, it's so refreshing to see something new. Currently in line for Indiana coaster, but I'm already having a blast.
20220714_101814.jpg

20220714_103101.jpg

Edit:
I did notice all the torches at the Adventureland entrance and Indiana ride. Amazing they actually keep that on all day.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Not to hijack this thread, but I've arrived in France today and headed straight to DLP via train.

After getting off, I couldn't stop smiling. I just love everything, the setup, the environment, the friendly CMs, ...everything!!

It's also freakin dang beautiful. After being so used to WDW after all these years, it's so refreshing to see something new. Currently in line for Indiana coaster, but I'm already having a blast.
View attachment 653082
View attachment 653083

Edit:
I did notice all the torches at the Adventureland entrance and Indiana ride. Amazing they actually keep that on all day.
Stop talking about the torches or Kingpin Bob will hear!

Movielover

It’s certainly not the place it once was. Amazingly. It wasn’t ever a ghetto but it had a lot of issues.
I'm trying to find the pictures I remember seeing. I think the worst one was a picture of the geysers on the riverbank all overgrown and breaking apart. I also remember concrete falling off TOT. anyways it does seem so much better and rightfully so. I can't wait to actually see it in person someday.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm trying to find the pictures I remember seeing. I think the worst one was a picture of the geysers on the riverbank all overgrown and breaking apart. I also remember concrete falling off TOT. anyways it does seem so much better and rightfully so. I can't wait to actually see it in person someday.
It’s not perfect but a zillion times better and getting better still. I’d rank it above Disneyland for show quality and upkeep. And miles ahead of WDWs parks.

rreading

We were there in July this year. We only had one day for DLP and took the train straight from the Arc de Triomphe to the parks and back. It’s so well done for the visitors from Paris - much better than the domestic parks.

On a Sunday without purchasing any Premier Access we were able to ride everything we intended to and not only is the park well maintained but also quite beautiful. The BTMRR definitely is our favorite over the domestic parks and I prefer their pirates over DL and WDW (to me the lack of queue atmosphere drops DL a bit). And the Lion King performance was so good!

Such a great day. Definitely worth the visit

And the photos in this thread are gorgeous! Quite an eye!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom