DLP Spash/WRE Question

jrriddle

Original Poster
penfold12 said:
Now thats an attraction!! Thanks for the link. Why oh Why can't they build that! All I hope is that ToT at the studios is simillar to the WDW version, not the DCA clone. The one at DCA has none of the lateral "5th Dimension" section. When I asked why I was told it was due to ride problem, but have been told more over it was due to costs

Nope they are getting the DCA version. The DCA version was to be built in Paris first. Since DCA needed help and DSP didn't have the money it got built in California 1st using the Paris plans.
From what I have read DSP's will be an exact copy of DCA's. (which was DSP's first... now I'm confused and have a headache. I'm going to lie down now)

Oh and Paris should have built Toon Tower instead of ToT! IMHO

Madison

Am I alone in thinking that the Fifth Dimension sequence is a bit lackluster? I really like the doors that open into the drop shaft, but beyond that, I think it's a bit hokey.

I really liked California's Tower -- particularly its midride drop. I think that's a bit more suprising and fun than the obvious build up found in Florida's Tower.

jrriddle

Original Poster
Madison said:
Am I alone in thinking that the Fifth Dimension sequence is a bit lackluster? I really like the doors that open into the drop shaft, but beyond that, I think it's a bit hokey.

I really liked California's Tower -- particularly its midride drop. I think that's a bit more suprising and fun than the obvious build up found in Florida's Tower.

I've got to be honest, MGM's is the only one I've been on. DCA's was not built yet when I was there.
Yes the 5th dimension is a little cheezy but I like it. It's still a cool "idea" when you think about it.

Oh and before anyone asks here the Toon Tower story:
http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=834

penfold12

Thanks again Jrriddle!!

On one hand you made me really happy with that link, on the other..... Wow that sounded a fantastic twist on the ToT. The toon town theming is just what the studios needs to bring in a little escape from reality.

penfold12

Sorry, that should of said "needed"! I love DLP, the themeing and attention to detail is what makes it so special. While I get excited about any expansion to the studios, I just hope its more in line with the themeing at WDW, Hollywood that every one dreamed of, as opposed to the cold back lot feel that it has at the moment

jrriddle

Original Poster
penfold12 said:
Thanks again Jrriddle!!

On one hand you made me really happy with that link, on the other..... Wow that sounded a fantastic twist on the ToT. The toon town theming is just what the studios needs to bring in a little escape from reality.

No problem.
I loved Roger Rabbit. I would have loved to have seen Toon Tower and all of Maroon Studios built. Unfortunately with the huge legal battles and the fact that most of the general public probably don't even remember who Roger is, I don't think this project will ever see light.

So what would you guys want to see most:
Toon Tower
ToT
or
Geyser Mountain

penfold12

Without wanting to put the park down, Tot has to be bottom of the list. It is a fantastic attraction, one of my altime favourites. But...... a) its a clone, so its nothing new. b) Because they havent themed the studio area's like WDW I hear the ride story is not going to incorperate the Twilight theme. Which is a shame, they should of used this ride as the starter for themeing the studios, with Sunset Blv etc.

So, that said, Toon Towers/Geyser Mountain?? Its got to be GM for me. But the studios needs E tickets more than the MK!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Welcome Penfold :wave:

I guess you can say I`ve been researching my obsession for 26 years now - and I`m only 33! I don`t know everything but a long shot, but I`m always eager to learn.

jrriddle

Original Poster
Or not to let the thread drift too much:
Flume Ride (rumours I've read)-
Splash Mountain
Western Rivers Expedition
Brother Bear
Pocahontas

Oh and I vote for Toon Tower and WRE

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom