1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Dlp Fan Daze

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris' started by peep, Sep 1, 2017.

1. peep

peep Active Member

Disneyland Paris has launched a new thing called Disney Fan Daze. On 1st October they'll be announcing various events for fans. No one knows what type of events they'll be etc but I think most of us fans are just excited something is happening.

https://twitter.com/DisneyFanDaze/status/903573156581056512

2. croboy82

croboy82 Active Member

I love that they announced an announcement

Let's hope it's something good

3. peep

peep Active Member Original Poster

I'm more amused they sort of announced it the night before the launch. So they kinda did an announcement of the announcement of the announcements.

Derrit, croboy82 and cjkeating like this.
  4. douglasrickard

douglasrickard New Member

5. croboy82

croboy82 Active Member

It sounds nice, I especially like that they'll have rare characters and that you can dress up as your fave Disney character :)

douglasrickard likes this.
  6. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

Alas, the upcharge insanity coming to your favourite unspoiled resort too.

Why oh why did that locust plague, TWDC, have to descend upon this beautiful Disney Park? :cry:

deix15x8 likes this.
  7. douglasrickard

I think it sounds nice. I notice such a good atmosphere back on the train from Disneyland between British guests. This could be great for meeting other people that are into the parks (which I only started visiting again after Paris refurbishmebts) and an event to focus on with friends I know who might like unique events to plan for.

Stevie Amsterdam likes this.
  8. Ag11gani

Ag11gani Well-Known Member

Well it's the studios so they arn't really making it worse, probably better actually.

9. mickeyfan5534

mickeyfan5534 Well-Known Member

And Studios runs on bank hours anyways. As long as it stays in the Studios and doesn't take away from other guests, I don't see a problem.

Ag11gani likes this.
  10. filipv

filipv Member

FanDaze event video

douglasrickard likes this.
  11. peep

peep Active Member Original Poster

I'm not overly excited about this party but the likelihood that I attend is pretty high, depending on how much it costs to attend. The "exclusive ride time" isn't exciting, if we're fans we would have ridden everything there already a million times, to stand in line just with anyone willing to shell out for the event doesn't make it any more special.

I'm intrigued by what characters they'll bring out but I'll admit if there's a big wait to see them (which there inevitably will be) I won't be bothered about their existence.

Exclusive entertainment is what excites me.

I might sound negative but Disney always oversells these type of events and then they just end up being chaotic and unpleasant to attend (why I don't bother with the Halloween party any more, well that and its been stale for many years). They're also heavily advertising this on social media which means it'll be more than 'fans' that attend or it might stop real fans from being able to attend when it sells out. I hope it's great and everything but I just can't see it being a success outside of Disneys bank balance.

12. douglasrickard

I was thinking it would be a bit flat not having "ride time" if the party's right next to Ratatouille etc. So it's nice that they will have rides open. Although a land in Disneyland park would be amazing.

I suppose it depends on how many guests are there with over fifty characters. What I'll say is, I've seen videos of the 25th Anniversary, (even though crowds looked chaotic) ...that song they played throughout the day finishing with the "Goodnight Kiss," it just seemed so much more special than any of the year-long shows etc. Listening to those two people who are part of organising it, they seem like they're going to be putting a lot into these. I wish really I'd gone to the 25th and so if they put as much thought into this and future events, I think they should be something worth attending.