DL or WDW?

Duane

Account Suspended
Original Poster
:wave: I have been fortunate enough to visit WDW and DL several times over the past few years. I originally went to DL as a kid in 1968 and later to WDW in 1975. Needless to say, my older sister and I hated Florida due to the heat and missing attractions we had grown to love in DL. I agree that Florida has taken the lead on the number of E-Rides but still prefer DL. It is so much more magical and you don't have to walk half as far to have twice the fun. I was curious about how many people have been to both parks and which one do you prefer and why?

fngoofy

Been to both as well, and I must go with WDW.

You get the feeling of being "away from it all"
No other buildings or cities, no traffic to speak of, and there is consideralbly more to do when you consider the water parks, golfing, and that there are 3.5 parks rather than 1.5.

Not to mention the cool hotels.

Grumpy56

As far as "magic" is concerned, I don't think there's any doubt that DL is much more special than MK, however I do agree that as a total experience WDW is more fun, especially if you stay on property. The resorts are really part of what makes WDW special. There is the sense there of being in a whole different world. Also I really like Epcot and MGM. We recently spent a week at WDW and had plenty left undone, you'd never do that at DL. Of course a visit to either one beats staying home!

craziebabie1

I grew up in Florida. So I think for me WDW was always more Magical. But now living in California and being able to see the differences. There is a nice feeling seeing the original. :wave:

Steamboat_Kevin

Although I do like Disneyland,
I must go with WDW. I dunno, WDW always gives me this magical feeling, especially when I first get there, knowing that I am gonna be at this wonderful place for a week (or however long I am there for) Plus, DL needs some more theming for their hotels.

Figment1986

I love DL, mastly cause of a diferent feel on the attractions, But WDW has the better things of them, How ever the Matterhorn Brought DL into my hart when i road it when i gone back in 99. I Love DL, But not their Tomorrowland. WDW's Tomorrowland is better, at least I think so.

I Love DL

kaos

WDW blows away DL in EVERY ASPECT except one very important one...

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

When I decide to venture out Calfonia-way again, I will definately have to travel the road to nowhere a few times.

Otherwise, everything about WDW is better than DL... Castle is bigger, train ride is longer, monorails are true transportation, Peoplemover, Country Bears, a big lagoon instead of a parking lot (ok, now it's a big lagoon instead of a mountain.. hey, I parked where Grizzly Mountain is)...
The overall atmosphere of WDW is just more magical than DL. As soon as you leave the gate at DL, you're back out in the real world. With WDW, the magic stays with you until you leave to go back to reality.

CalDisney

Originally posted by kaos
WDW blows away DL in EVERY ASPECT except one very important one...

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

When I decide to venture out Calfonia-way again, I will definately have to travel the road to nowhere a few times.

Otherwise, everything about WDW is better than DL... Castle is bigger, train ride is longer, monorails are true transportation, Peoplemover, Country Bears, a big lagoon instead of a parking lot (ok, now it's a big lagoon instead of a mountain.. hey, I parked where Grizzly Mountain is)...
The overall atmosphere of WDW is just more magical than DL. As soon as you leave the gate at DL, you're back out in the real world. With WDW, the magic stays with you until you leave to go back to reality.

OKay !!
I cant argue about everything is Better at WDW BUT!!
without Disneyland?
Things at WDW would probably be Just like DL is
I cannot say which Park I like better Cause I haven`t been to WDW yet.

Gracy_hm

DISNEYland

Disneyland is better

Bigger isn't alwats beter and this demonstrats that and INDY is worth it!!! so I have to side with Disneyland.

ShanenLuvsDsny

:DDISNEYLAND IS THE BEST!! I have been to both parks and I still say it's the best. I have grown up in California though, so I'm probably partial to "our" park. No doubt, there is much more to do at WDW because there are more parks but it just doesn't compare to the MAGIC and history that Disneyland has. You walk down Main Street knowing that Walt himself walked there. This was HIS place. Don't get me wrong though; I do LOVE Walt Disney World too. It's awesome! But, :kiss: Disneyland :kiss: will always be #1 to me.:D

Gaffer42ca

You can't separate them - or at least I can't, not in my mind. I went to WDW first as a child, then four times to DL (honeymoon and three followups), then once to WDW (to see how it was from an adult point of view) then once more to DL (best friend lives in Glendale - not that bad a drive):animwink:
I appreciate PotC in WDW more for having seen the one in DL, and the Haunted Mansion in either place is too cool...honestly, if the two gates were side by side I'd have to flip a coin!:veryconfu

Merlin

Account Suspended
I have lived in California all my life and I grew up on Disneyland. Yet I can say, without reservation, that WDW is vastly superior. That has nothing whatsoever to do with WDW being bigger. People always talk about how Disneyland is "more magical" and how it has to be better "because it is the original". But having grown up on Disneyland, I have to say that I've noticed a marked decline in the last ten years or so. It no longer has the charm it once did and that breaks my heart. Every shop has been turned into a "Disney Store" clone. The park itself has had no major additions or renovations since New Tomorrowland several years ago (and what a major disappointment that turned out to be). And the cast members, who used to be so friendly and helpful, are terrible. It seems they will hire anyone now. Sadly, a visit to Disneyland nowadays is closer to a Six Flags experience than it is to the high standards one encounters at it's Florida cousin. And don't even get me started on California Adventure. What an absolute waste of real estate!

WDW, on the other hand, is cleaner, feels newer (even though Disneyland is older, it shouldn't feel that way...Walt would be ashamed), and the overall atmosphere is 100 times more pleasant.

No contest! WDW is a fitting tribute to Walt Disney and a legacy of his ultimate dream!

MR_RUBBLES

Ok here the facts DL is far superior when it comes to the park that Walt built, it is very magical just knowing that Walt use to stay in the apartment above the firehouse.

We just got back for WDW a week ago and today we are booking our trip to DL in a month. Facts are facts it requires a lot more money and time to enjoy WDW than it does DL, also a lot of the best rides are in different parks which makes park hopping a little more time consuming. DL was great before, but now we have the option of a few more E-rides just across the way form DL at DCA (i.e. California Screamin').

After our trip to WDW we just had to experience the original this summer to compare the two Magic Kingdoms.

I do hope this summer is no different from last at DL, cuz we had a fantastic trip in 2001 to DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom