DL for a WDW fan

IanDLBZF

I've only been once with my mom back in March 2014.
We did four days, three nights, with a 2-Day Park Hopper ticket and stayed at the Disneyland Hotel!
Only two days needed in the parks, one day was Disneyland Park AM/Disney California Adventure PM (World of Color that evening too), the other day was supposed to be Disney California Adventure AM/DIsneyland Park PM (Soundsational Parade that day too) but we did EMH at Disneyland first before going to DCA! The first day we flew into to LAX and took Amtrak to Anaheim, and had dinner at Downtown Disney District. Then we did our two park days.

BalooChicago

I’ve done WDW every other year my whole life. This February we did our second DL Trip. We did five days. It was awesome. I love DL. Reminds me so much of WDW in my youth. We never spend time at the resorts at WDW - non stop at the parks, sleep, rinse, repeat. Having 5 days allowed us to do everything we wanted at a “leisurely” pace (my son still logged 28-30k steps a day) and still spend time in the pool/hotel. We didn’t rent a car this trip, so we stayed at DL the whole time. Our first trip we spent a day at the beach. I’d definitely say do something else in addition to DL (even if it’s just checking out the sites). First trip was our 10 year anniversary so we splurged on Grand Californian, last trip we did Paradise Pier. I love being right there, for us it was worth it. When we go next we’ll probably do the Disneyland Hotel. The new security arrangements make the walk from Paradise Pier long and unmagical. (Otherwise PPH was fine, the room was nice, we had an spectacular view, and the staff was awesome).

We just came back from our trip over spring break _ 15 nights . We spent 3 of the days at DL and even with the crowds that was plenty for us . We really enjoyed going to the Griffith Observatory entry was free , lots to do . The Warner brothers studio was fun , we loved universal studios here more than Florida . We checked out the locals beach seal beach for a relaxed beach day with great Mexican food . We went to Aquarium of the Pacific and the Queen Mary in one day . We had one day at Knott's , this was a fun park with mainly thrill rides. We went to a mission nearby San Juan Capistrano and whale watching with Captain Dave Dana point on the same day . We also had a few days in Vegas so we could see the Grand Canyon . We also went to Santa Monica Pier , which was great fun . It was an incredible trip and I was in awe of how much there was to see and do I am sure we only scratched the surface. I am sure that 3 days in DL would be plenty paired with some other days out . We pre-book ed Los Angeles go cards and this saved us quite a bit . In DL we also did the walk in Walt's footsteps tour , Fantasmic dining package and world of colour desert party . These helped us have great experience s and utilise our 3 Disney days .

Californian Elitist

We just came back from our trip over spring break _ 15 nights . We spent 3 of the days at DL and even with the crowds that was plenty for us . We really enjoyed going to the Griffith Observatory entry was free , lots to do . The Warner brothers studio was fun , we loved universal studios here more than Florida . We checked out the locals beach seal beach for a relaxed beach day with great Mexican food . We went to Aquarium of the Pacific and the Queen Mary in one day . We had one day at Knott's , this was a fun park with mainly thrill rides. We went to a mission nearby San Juan Capistrano and whale watching with Captain Dave Dana point on the same day . We also had a few days in Vegas so we could see the Grand Canyon . We also went to Santa Monica Pier , which was great fun . It was an incredible trip and I was in awe of how much there was to see and do I am sure we only scratched the surface. I am sure that 3 days in DL would be plenty paired with some other days out . We pre-book ed Los Angeles go cards and this saved us quite a bit . In DL we also did the walk in Walt's footsteps tour , Fantasmic dining package and world of colour desert party . These helped us have great experience s and utilise our 3 Disney days .

Well done.👏🏾 Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip.

Phroobar

Next time go a little farther south and enjoy San Diego. Great fun with Sea World, Old Town, Balboa Park, SD Zoo and Safari Park and Legoland.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Next time go a little farther south and enjoy San Diego. Great fun with Sea World, Old Town, Balboa Park, SD Zoo and Safari Park and Legoland.

How dare you suggest to do anything other than Disney on a Disney fan board!

you-sir-are-fired.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom