Dl Cp

joanna71985

Original Poster
It looks like DL has decided to start offering housing for their CP. This is taken from the website:
DL website said:
Disney College Program Cast Members at the Disneyland® Resort will have the opportunity to meet and live with people from all over the country, and potentially from around the world, within our housing complex. This complex is diverse in its amenities and offers the opportunity to meet fellow participants and create a sense of home in a comfortable living community.
Participants' housing accommodations will be finalized when they register on their check-in day. All participants are separated based on gender and whether they are over or under 21 years of age.
Students wishing to take advantage of our housing must be available to arrive on May 19, 2008 and depart on January 3, 2009 for the 2008 Fall Disney College Program at the Disneyland Resort.

Bug715

I'd love to go but: I can't take any more time off school, I'm celebrating my 21st this summer in WDW so I can't be in DL, & I don't want to drive my car all the way out there. Also I've never been to DL and I don't want to ruin the magic the first time I go. I know a lot of friends who's first time to WDW was on the program and they said they wish they'd experienced the magic first.

kcw

really? that would be awesome!! Have you been able to find anywhere that mentions what the pay scale is? Their CP housing is much higher than WDW (which is to be expected in CA, plus it looks MUCH nicer) but I hoped that the pay would also be a little higher. I imagine it would, but wanted to see.

joanna71985

Original Poster
No. I can't seem to find it.

OT, but I saw they have a role called Entertainment Host. Is that the same as WDW's character attendant?

kcw

yup it is. Their hosts work fairly different than our attendants though, it would be a switch of pace for ya!

I just sent them an email with a few questions, I'll PM you with their responses when I hear back!

TinyT396

yup it is. Their hosts work fairly different than our attendants though, it would be a switch of pace for ya!

I just sent them an email with a few questions, I'll PM you with their responses when I hear back!

Hi I am really interested in working at DL but it doesn't say what kind of money they make. Housing looks beautiful but its extremely expensive. If you find out anything about this could you let me know to please. Thank you very much!

LongballMG

RE: Disneyland College Program

here is everything you need to know re:disneyland

Dear Disney College Program Alumni,
We are very excited to share a unique, limited opportunity with you to participate in the Disney College Program at the Disneyland® Resort.

We are piloting a housing option as a new addition to the current program and we are inviting you to be the first Disney College Program Cast Members to participate in this new experience!

To learn more about the new housing option at the Disneyland® Resort, visit the Housing section located within the Disneyland section of the Disney College Program website.

This is a tremendous opportunity to further develop your leadership and guest service skills; an opportunity to truly walk in Walt's footsteps!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eligibility
To be eligible for the Disney College Program at the Disneyland Resort, you must meet these basic qualifications:

You must be enrolled currently in a college or university and have completed at least one semester.

Candidates must be at least 18 years old and meet his or her school's requirements for participation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date and Role Information
The program begins May 19, 2008 and ends January 3, 2009.

We have positions available in the following roles, ranging from $9.05-$11.50 per hour:

Attractions
Custodial
Entertainment
Hotel Lodging
Lifeguard
Guest Relations
Park Foods
Resort Transportation and Parking
Photopass
Stores (Merchandise)
Vacation Planner
Disney Desk

Things to Consider
There are some key differences that make the Disney College Program at the Disneyland Resort truly unique. We recommend that you consider these differences when determining if this experience is right for you:

Hours
All Disney College Program Cast Members must have full availability and can expect to be scheduled an average of 28-32 hours/wk with the potential to work as many as 38 hours/wk during peak periods with very limited opportunity to work overtime.

Program Length
It is required that all participants arrive and depart on the specified date. Arrive on May 19, 2008 and depart on January 3, 2009

Course Participation is Required
The learning component is required for all Disney College Program Cast Members, even if you are alumni of the Walt Disney World® College Program.

Program Assessment Fee
All students are required to pay a one time non-refundable Program Assessment & Activities Fee of $75.50. This fee helps support the events and activities scheduled throughout the program.

Transportation
Disneyland Resort transportation is not provided, therefore we strongly encourage all participants to bring their own vehicle. Public transportation is an option, but may not coincide with your work schedule.

Union
All Cast Members, including Disney College Program participants must be willing to join the Union and may be required to pay weekly Union dues between $4 and $10, payroll deducted on a weekly basis from your paycheck. There may also be a one-time union initiation fee between $50 and $100.

Maingate Entrance Pass
All Disney College Program participants will receive a Maingate Entrance Pass with 16 admission opportunities to our Theme Parks.

How to Apply
As a Disney College Program Alumni, we are introducing this to you first, but shortly, we will be inviting additional candidates to take advantage of this incredible experience. Therefore, if you are interested in participating in the Disney College Program at the Disneyland Resort it is critical that you take action immediately by completing the following step:

Contact us via email at wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com with your interest and provide:

Subject: Alumni Opportunity - Disneyland Resort

Your full name

Your Pernr (if you are an active Cast Member)
Once you have completed this step, someone from the college recruiting office will contact you shortly to provide you with detailed next steps on how to complete your application for the Disney College Program at the Disneyland Resort!

We are proud that you are currently a part of our Walt Disney World family and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you the Disneyland Resort in the very near future!

Disney College Recruiting
wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com

Tedi Bara

This is so exciting. I am going to WDW for SQA, but I really want to wrok fulltime in California. So after graduation, I think I will go here! yay!

LongballMG

Though I would love to do this program i need to be realistic.

There are so many variables. Expensive Rent, Expensive union fees and dues. Only 38 hours and no overtime.

No transportation and required classes that I wouldn't get credit for.

It seems like one would actually LOSE money in participating.

joanna71985

Original Poster

There are so many variables. Expensive Rent, Expensive union fees and dues. Only 38 hours and no overtime.

Those are good points. I wouldn't have a car, and would have to rely on public transportation.

kcw

not all departments are under the union though right?

I have to say I was surprised about the maingate- their seasonals don't even get MGs, and their part timers ony get I think 8 entrances

kcw

OK here are the answers I got from my email- I don't want to repost the whole thing word for word, because I didn't write it and for whatever reason that just feels weird..... hahaha here are the main points though:

* You cannot hold two status roles at the same time.
( I imagined this would be the case, but I really hoped I would be able to keep my WDW seasonal status too!)

* You are required to take 1 class per term. There are two terms in a
college program season.

* The May 19th arrival date is only for housing candidates.

* they will stop accepting applications in May 2008.

I'm getting really excited, now all I need to do is convince my university to defer my scholarship just one more time! ha that or give me credit for the classes so I can stay a full-time student... I met quite a few people while was down in FL whose schools gave them a full 12 credits just for going. Anyone know of schools that do that? I need all the fuel I can get when I go meet with my counselor on tuesday!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom