Disturbing

jaredliu

Universal should advertise "no more strollers, no more annoying kids, no more crying toddlers, no more words created (imgineer, philharmagic, fantasmic,etc), no more "everything has to be called magic" ". Maybe that will work.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
To note:

If Disney makes a pet-friendly resort, I'll never goto it and write them nastey letters about how they're discriminating against people with allergies and lowering their quality standards for cleanliness. I'll start a website and a letter writing campaigne maybe too.

Btw, I love my cat but she stays home when I hit WDW.

Ringo8n24

Kadee said:
The only thing on there that is truely better than Disney is that all of their resorts are pet friendly. One day, Disney is going to get the times and either create a pet friendly resort or turn an existing resort into a pet friendly one. Well....that and Spiderman! That is the best ride ever.

I like the idea, Kadee. WDW needs at least one pet friendly resort like the Hard Rock Hotels are pet friendly. At least that is one part of the Hard Rock's "love all, serve all" they can hold true to. :fork: :fork: Sorry.

Anyway, if there was one WDW hotel dedicated to being pet friendly, you did not have to stay there if you were allergic to them. Sometimes I would like to be able to know I have the option of bringing my pet with me...like when the WHOLE family evacuates for a hurricane we could ALL go to WDW if the hurricane is not headed that way.

goofyfan13

I think my favorite category is "Today's Hottest Entertainment" and they list the Mummy, and under Classic Fairytales they list Monsters Inc.

Well last I checked, the Mummy's sequel came out the same year as Monsters Inc. Interesting choice to compare isn't it?

GeneralKnowledge

This just further proves how pathetic Universal really is. They must really be having a tough time filling their parks over there because they've started mailing out free one day tickets to what I assume is everyone in the surrounding area because I have no affiliation or mailing address connection to them and I got one, plus a coupon for 6 more $35 one day tickets. That was a long sentence. Anyway, has anyone else gotten these?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Nope - and as has been said by many, if they expire by mid-summer before the new Suess ride opens I wouldn't be interested in going even for free.

Bill Smugs

FREE EXPRESS RIDE ACCESS FOR ON-SITE HOTEL GUESTS

On-site Hotel Guests receive
FREE Express ride access...All Day Long

Disney's Hotel Guests — No

I like this one. What they don't metion is that disney does have this but for all of its guest and not just the hotel guests. Have they heard of fastpass there?

ctwhalerman

imagineer boy said:
Even Pepsi doesn't bash coke this bad.
LOL But remember, Pepsi's strategy of basically trashing Coke in just about all of its advertisements actually worked, as they increased their market share to a virtual tie. But, ask Burger King as to what the downside of trashing the opposition is (I haven't eaten in a Burger King in years, while I go to McDonald's semi-frequently, and couldn't tell you where to find a BK in the Bronx, when I know where at least 3 McDonald's are). Some times dirty advertising doesn't work. General Electric is not doing very well now, as NBC is tanking (Disney's ABC is actually ahead), no one goes to the movies anymore (especially Universal's recent crop of crap), and the theme parks' attendance seems to have tanked, especially in comparison to Disney's. There's nothing wrong with a bit of dirty competition, after all, this is America, and they have a right to place comparisons in their advertising literature. Frankly I'm surprised they have been rather clean in their advertising, as I was sure that if things got bad they'd resort to killing mice and princesses in their commercials just to get some publicity.

William Marsden

If you look up at the top of the web comparison, there's a comparison page for a 3, 5 or 6 day vacation. If you do a comparison you'll see that the only way to "save money" on a Universal Vacation is to stay at a "Universal friendly" hotel such as La Quinta, or Fairfield Inn. Now there's nothing wrong with those hotels, however they're not on-site hotels like the WDW value resorts that they're being compared against. Furthermore, Universal can't offer free transportation from the airport. I just thought it was interesting that the comparison on a Universal site would show some of Universal's shortcomings as well as its strengths.

I'm happy that both parks exist and compete against each other. Some may claim that Disney doesn't compete against Universal but I think that thrill rides such as Rockin' Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest and Mission Space were created to answer some of Universal's big thrill rides. I'm very happy that the two parks vie because the consumer is the big winner. With competition there's always going to be someone trying to show why they're better. I can't imagine very many dads planning a WDW vacation, logging onto this website and suddenly exclaiming "Holy Hannah! Look at what Universal Studios has to offer! Honey, cancel our Disney reservations, we're going to Universal!":lol:

dcaffey

I still vividly remember the first time I walked in to Universal and the first sound I heard was a very loud voice shouting "cold beer"

Rayray

Universal Advertisement is CRAP. Disney's is classy. Universal is just... universal when it comes to anything, that is, they conform to the universal average quality.;) :lol:

bgraham34

Magic Maker said:
Disney satisfies families, Universal satisfies teens and adults, very few families enjoy it togehter as a ground from the feedback I have received.

QUOTE]

I could not agree with that more. In all the times I have gone to Orlando I have never been to Universal and i have no plans too. I Love Disney and enjoy spending my time and money there.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Most ad agencies learned from the Pepsi challenge fiasco that mentioning your competition when you are in a "taste" market it the kiss of death. Apparently the one Universal is using has yet to learn it. For as long as Universal has been running ads like this they must be getting some results from it but IMHO they would do much better coming up with their own unique hook rather than advertising themselves as the anti-Disney theme park.

Shaman

They must've done studies that show there is a large anti-Disney market out there....it sure is an interesting way to present information. In some categories they lose....but they don't seem to care. :eek:

If nothing else, it's a bold move, the comparison on their website goes a step further than the commericials....whatever their strategy is, it better work...because they're giving WDW free advertising.

Maybe Disney is in on it? :drevil:

MeTa

Disney should be flattered, the only time companies or people poke fun at other things is when they are beat. Low man on the totem pole. Sucks to be them.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Shaman said:
Maybe Disney is in on it? :drevil:
Reporter: Which advertising agency came up with this "Anti-Disney" campaign that has you in essence advertising yourselves as well as your main competition?

Universal Studios: Yensid Advertising. Why?

Reporter: Uhhh....

WishIwasThere

When I quickly looked through the list and saw Wet N Wild...I was a little confused...Did UO buy Wet N Wild? Then I see the little asterisk. I guess the two of them are ganging up on the people responsible for their existence.

Ah the good old Navy days in Orlando...many a days spent at Wet N Wild. I miss those $25 Disney tickets we used to get as well.

AEfx

scubasteve920 said:
http://www.universalorlando.com/disney_comparision.html

is there really any need for this? I do not understand why Universal is always poking fun at disney and constantly comparing themselves to WDW. They should focus more on themselves and less on Disney, even if disney is there biggest competitor.

Why do you care?

If you enjoy Disney, and are secure in that, what does what a competitor says have any impact on you at all?

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom