Disrespecting the parks

Giss Neric

There used to be this Christian event, I think it's Night of Joy, that was cancelled. I attended one time out of curiosity and let me tell you those "Christian kids" are the most promiscuous, rowdy, disrespectful people you will encounter. The irony is pretty funny. I'm not surprised that my castmember friends hated that event cause all they do is stop people from doing "stuff" in the rides.

Cmdr_Crimson

We have this sign on the pyramid thanks to this reason...
From disneydining
Epcot-Mexico-No-Climbing-Sign-Pyramid.jpg

Shouldigo12

There used to be this Christian event, I think it's Night of Joy, that was cancelled. I attended one time out of curiosity and let me tell you those "Christian kids" are the most promiscuous, rowdy, disrespectful people you will encounter. The irony is pretty funny. I'm not surprised that my castmember friends hated that event cause all they do is stop people from doing "stuff" in the rides.
I've heard that pretty any sort of "teen night" event is an absolute nightmare for the cast.

JIMINYCR

"Christian Kids" arent any different than Non- Christian Kids. Kids on their own tend to get unruly and push boundaries.. its a life phase all teens have to make their way through. But most "Christian Kids " do live their adult lives with more morals and turn out just fine. We all grow up with some bumps and life lessons to go over and through.

MickeyLuv'r

While not perhaps on purpose, I once saw a guy wearing shorts that were a bit too short. As in, he was squatting on the Splash bridge, and didn't notice his private parts were uncovered to the point that they were resting on the blacktop.

I'm not sure this falls into the same realm, because it was intentionally done for attention, but Banksy has had multiple Disney related encounters, including one where he climbed into BTMRR and left an inflatable figure in the ride set.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I
I went To night of joy in high school expecting the rides to have no lines. Didn’t give a hoot about the bands.

Walked onto everything. It was amazing. It was like a super cheap awesome special event. Good music playing around the parks too.

I was not part of the youth groups tho.

Paper straw fan

I went to that once, honestly I thought most everyone was pretty well behaved. I wasn’t, but I wasn’t damaging any property or doing anything outwardly bad (or internally depending on your views on recreational stuff) and mostly I was just riding rides and LOLing at how awful the Christian rock bands are.

Now, there was grad night there for many years, and a lot of schools came down for the entire weekend, and the more local schools would just bus over and back one night. Even those were relatively tame compared to say, F&W in recent years, since nobody was drinking (again, maybe some recreational stuff but that’s about it)

The Mom

Premium Member

I don't know about other areas, but our local churches would sponsor "high risk" teenagers and rent buses so they could attend - along with their own young church members . So the groups were not necessarily composed of "Christian kids" except in the broadest sense of the designation.

Chicken Guy

Kind of mild compared to some other things mentioned on the thread, but I once saw someone who was allowing their kids to litter silly string all along the sidewalks in EPCOT without picking it up. Ironically, it was right outside The Land pavilion.

Lilofan

During the heydays of 15-20 years ago of the week long Gay Days in early June brought many to the parks and resorts to enjoy. Some of the nicest guys and gals you can meet.

jaklgreen

I was lounging at the pool at POR a few years ago. My chair was backed up to an area with landscaping and all of a sudden I heard a tinkle. I turn around and there was a British boy urinating right behind me in the bushes. His family was not far away and I said something to them and they did not think it was a big deal. I said that you can SEE the restrooms from here, we are not in the woods. Unbelievable.

Jon Good

I use to work for WDW and most of the rides have hidden cameras inside so we could watch for problems. The cameras can also see in the dark so we could watch everything. I saw many things that I cant even talk about as to what people would do on the rides. Mostly we would watch for people getting out of the rides and walking into show scenes. Some of the rides have intrusion mats so if you step out the ride stops and a cast member would come to check. A lot of rides have seat belts or lap bars so you could not get out. If the ride is a fast moving ride people did not get out of them, who would want to. At Disney safety is the biggest thing. Many guests would ask me if it was safe to be on a ride and I would say you would not be here if it was not safe.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
During the heydays of 15-20 years ago of the week long Gay Days in early June brought many to the parks and resorts to enjoy. Some of the nicest guys and gals you can meet.
How is that disrespecting the parks and why is it important to this thread?

Whippet Mom

Oh, this will drop your jaw like never before... I’ll just copy and paste the full story from one of these videos descriptions... it’s insane

“there was a guerrilla documentation made of the Orange County phenomenon usually refereed to as "the Disneyland Locals". The video documentation started in 1995 as an alternative to the afterschool task of filming skate videos. Now over 10 years later videos shot at the park between 1995 and 1997 serve as a glimpse into a piece of Southern California history overlooked by mainstream media but never forgotten by the Generation who experienced it. It always seems pretty hard to explain this to someone who wasn't there during this time period but everyone who was anyone used to hang out in the old broken down tomorrowland. Sort of like the zephyr surfers who would surf at the brokendown theme park "POP" in dogtown z boys. To hang out in tomorrowland you had to have an annual pass that would grant you admission for most if not all days of the year (depending on how fancy your pass was passes were gernerally $100-$200). Most of the people who would hang out in Disneyland grew up going to the park during their childhood in Orange County and to find this as the main hangout as teeagers was very unlikely. During the summer of 1996 security guards started revoking the passes from teens who would hang around most often siteing it as "loitering". There were a number of ways a Disneyland security guard could justify revoking your pass but most popular were "loitering" and using "illegal dance moves" on the tomorrowland dancefloor basically no touching the ground with your hands but pretty much any dance move they didnt agree with. At this point it was already to late to take away passes, the secret was out everyone knew the park like the back of their hands by now .As hundreds of passes were revoked in an attempt to put an end to Disneyland Local culture the locals would comically sneak right back in. As you can imagine the inapropriate clearence of Disneyland locals was sharply responded to by the angery teenagers....and that is when things really started to get interesting. This was the time period when the Disneyland Locals returned the lack of respect and took it out on the park...this would be anything from sneaking in a high volume of people through the re entry with used handstamps Transfered by a wide range of materials and damaging park property to getting off on the rides and re-arranging the puppets into differnt locations (ussually on "its a small world") and other restricted behaviours some more innocent than others. Mostly weak things that teenagers would think funny but still good for a laugh. You can mark the the removal of the peoplemover (the main make out point for all teeagers) as the start of the decline in the "Local Culture". As the groups grew there were Territorial spots that would sometimes move form one side of Tomorrowland to another like a pack of Gypsies. The most well known rivalry between The straight edge groups and the teen smokers would have confrontations often resulting in countless kids getting Maced. The renovation of a new more name fitting Tomorrowland came in 1997 at this time the thousands upon thousands of kids who had set up after school and summertime residency at tomorrowland rapidly declined until it completely seized to exist. Now you can walk through the new highly different, almost unrecognizable tomorrowland as if these moments never happened.”
Here are the videos

Disgusting !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom