Disneyworld Saints fans

LSUxStitch

Diehard is not the word for me. I'm the type that gets his week ruined when the Saints ... or dem' TIGERS .... lose on sat./sun. This past Sunday put me on cloud nine. Oh and those 'bears' fans saying they will se us IN chicago ... I'll just say this, 'pls stick with grossman for the rest of the season b/c we will be seeing you guys IN N.O. for the playoffs' :)

CaptainMichael

Diehard is not the word for me. I'm the type that gets his week ruined when the Saints ... or dem' TIGERS .... lose on sat./sun. This past Sunday put me on cloud nine. Oh and those 'bears' fans saying they will se us IN chicago ... I'll just say this, 'pls stick with grossman for the rest of the season b/c we will be seeing you guys IN N.O. for the playoffs' :)

"da Bears" will not be playing in N.O. this year. If they last till the NFC Championship (which I doubt), we'll play them in Chicago. But yes, I hope they stick with Rexy.:D

palmage

I am a huge Saints fan and I can't help but notice it looks like there are a few other Saints fans that are also into WDW and Disney culture. It would be nice to see how many Saints fans are actually wdwmagic members, so please respond and let me know if you are one of that special breed of sports fan....a saints fan.

geaux saints

Now who are the saints???

CaptainMichael

Now who are the saints???
Are you serious?

NO-DC-avbet1.gif

LSUxStitch

"da Bears" will not be playing in N.O. this year. If they last till the NFC Championship (which I doubt), we'll play them in Chicago. But yes, I hope they stick with Rexy.:D

ah contrair, this is in fact if they win out and we lose. If we win out and they lose more than one ... The Saints will have home field throughout.

dopey

AWW..We will gladly eat your food and give you some kleenex to wipe your tears when we beat you ..:)

It'll take more than Kleenex to wipe my tears if we lose. Maybe some beignets, too? And any old Satchmo records you might have lying around. :)

As long as we've got Devin Hester, we could put Bob Avellini under center and still beat the Saints. Besides, the Saints may have a great offense, but they rank in the bottom third in the league in run defense, pass defense and turnover margin. Defense wins championships.

ah contrair, this is in fact if they win out and we lose. If we win out and they lose more than one ... The Saints will have home field throughout.

:lol: Dream on. :hammer: :)

CaptainMichael

As long as we've got Devin Hester, we could put Bob Avellini under center and still beat the Saints. Besides, the Saints may have a great offense, but they rank in the bottom third in the league in run defense, pass defense and turnover margin. Defense wins championships.

There are no rules saying we must kick to your beloved kick returner.

The occassional long run...plus playing Michael Vick TWICE skews the run defense numbers. Outside of the long run Dallas had...there were no major running plays Sunday night...not that the Bears are a running threat...or a passing threat for that matter. If I'm not mistaken, we've faced two much better QB's than Rex Grossman in McNabb and Romo...again not scared. The once scary Bears defense pretty much kept the Rams in the game last night. If not for Devin Hester, it would have been much closer. It will be a tough game (if we play each other), but I prefer our chances.

dopey

There are no rules saying we must kick to your beloved kick returner.

The occassional long run...plus playing Michael Vick TWICE skews the run defense numbers. Outside of the long run Dallas had...there were no major running plays Sunday night...not that the Bears are a running threat...or a passing threat for that matter. If I'm not mistaken, we've faced two much better QB's than Rex Grossman in McNabb and Romo...again not scared. The once scary Bears defense pretty much kept the Rams in the game last night. If not for Devin Hester, it would have been much closer. It will be a tough game (if we play each other), but I prefer our chances.

Bawwwwwk, bawk, bawk, bawk, bawk! :lol:

If teams are too chicken to punt to Hester, Lovie will find a way to get the ball in Hester's hands on offense. If the Saints defense had trouble with Vick, wait'll they get a load of "Anytime." Your numbers will really be skewed then! :)

The Bears running game is solid. And now that good Rex is back, the offense can actually contribute. But even with the losses of Tommie Harris and Mike Brown, the Bears defense (along with special teams) is good enough to win games without much support from the offense.

You might want to base your opinion of the Bears defense on Monday night's garbage time, but I doubt your soon-to-be-Coach-of-the-Year will follow your lead. Currently, we're only second to Baltimore in defense (13.1 ppg vs. 13.6 ppg).

If the Saints come to Chicago in mid-winter, you'll find that the Windy City is stronger than a gentle Brees. :cool:

maggiegrace1

If the Saints come to Chicago in mid-winter, you'll find that the Windy City is stronger than a gentle Brees. :cool:
This is New Orleans..
That Brees can turn into a full force HURRICANE..that will force Da Bears into hibernation...;)

I guess we will just have to see, wont we?..:D

Prof Ecks

Original Poster
The Saints are....NFC South Champs....destroyers of the Giants and Cowboys and owners of a first round bye. They are....coached by the coach of the year, led by an MVP quality/Pro bowl QB, run by the best one-two punch running backs in the NFL and oh yeah, are the only team with 2 top ten rookies according to SI....is that enough to indicate who the Saints are?

merry christmas and happy holidays

dopey

What a nice Christmas gift the Cowboys gave the Saints.

Coach of the year? No doubt. MVP/Pro Bowl QB? Absolutely. THE best one-two punch at RB? Not so sure about that. I'd take LT and whoever else they've got there.

As for the Saints being the only team having two candidates for Rookie of the Year, too bad S.I. missed the Bears' Devin Hester and Mark Anderson. Of course, it's easy to overlook a guy who set the record for most touchdown returns in a season and another guy who's on the verge of breaking the rookie sack record. But that's OK. At least S.I. still has a nice swimsuit issue.

Congrats, Saints. See you soon at Soldier Field.

dopey

You've ressurrected the Saints thread! :eek: I'm really happy for you guys. Deuce and Reggie are a great combo and Drew is Drew. Payton did a pretty good coaching job today, too. He could've managed the clock a little better, but it worked out.

If the Bears host the Saints next week, we'll have our hands full. Brees' passer rating is actually better in games played on grass, outdoors and on the road than in games played on artificial turf, indoors and at home. He played at Purdue, so it probably won't bother him if it's cold and snowy.

We'll see how the Bears look tomorrow. If it's the team that we've seen the past couple months, I think they can still get past the Seahawks. I'm not so sure they'll beat the Saints the following week. But if it's the team we saw in September, I don't see the Bears losing to anyone.

CaptainMichael

You've ressurrected the Saints thread! :eek: I'm really happy for you guys. Deuce and Reggie are a great combo and Drew is Drew. Payton did a pretty good coaching job today, too. He could've managed the clock a little better, but it worked out.

If the Bears host the Saints next week, we'll have our hands full. Brees' passer rating is actually better in games played on grass, outdoors and on the road than in games played on artificial turf, indoors and at home. He played at Purdue, so it probably won't bother him if it's cold and snowy.

We'll see how the Bears look tomorrow. If it's the team that we've seen the past couple months, I think they can still get past the Seahawks. I'm not so sure they'll beat the Saints the following week. But if it's the team we saw in September, I don't see the Bears losing to anyone.

I had forgotten about it, but now seems to be the perfect time to bring it back.

Thanks for the respect. I hope you're ready to change your avatar for Dana tomorrow:)

dopey

I had forgotten about it, but now seems to be the perfect time to bring it back.

Thanks for the respect. I hope you're ready to change your avatar for Dana tomorrow:)

I'm confident I won't be changing my avatar tomorrow. The Bears are at about full strength -- only Tommie Harris is out -- and the Seahawks are beat up on the O-line and their defensive secondary is made up of bankers and used-car salesmen (or something like that). Rex could even have an awful game and we'd still be able to pull out a win. I look forward to a Bears-Saints matchup. Then we'll really have some fun. :)

CaptainMichael

"Our Saints, Our City, Our Soul"

Out of the fire
And up from the flood
A great team is born
Made of guts, steel and blood

Their history a low one
No one can deny
Their new rise a slow one
But oh now so high

This team that I speak of
Is of black and gold
And travels the gridiron
So brave and so bold

Their symbol is royalty
We call Fleur de lis
And proud New Orleanians
Watch it with glee

Come Deuce and come Reggie
Come Drew and come Joe
Come Marques and Terrance
Now go beat the foe

The course is set plainly
There is clearly a goal
Go show all the world
A storm can't kill our soul

To the men in black jerseys
The tights and the cleats
Know that we love you
In wins and defeats

And to you, Sean Payton
The coach of our dreams
Thank you from all of us
Who give jumps, yells and screams

You have given us purpose
You have given us hope
You have given us will
And a reason to cope

To all of the Saints
Who reside in the Dome
Thanks for making our city
A proud place to call home

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom